1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 21:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But you can predict the behavior of people based on religion. Especially the right wing nutter types we all know about, like what is going on in Kentucky where they are trying to force the teaching of creationism AS A SCIENCE in a science classroom specifically to confuse young minds which is just what they want so they can increase the size of their group ...[text shortened]... rtion for instance, a sure sign they think it a god given right for men to be controlling women.
    Yes, I do agree somewhat with this point of view, however, my point is that while I am a Christian, I do not share RJH's viewpoints on almost anything else. Perhaps your ideas here should be confined to the "Religious Right" or maybe the "Tea Party" idiots or maybe the Republicans in general, since these seem to garner a good deal of your derision here (with good reason, IMO). Just saying that these ideas belong to "Christians" as a general whole is just not right.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '13 21:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My wife seems very happy with the loving way I rule over her. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Too Much Information!

😀
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 00:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, I do agree somewhat with this point of view, however, my point is that while I am a Christian, I do not share RJH's viewpoints on almost anything else. Perhaps your ideas here should be confined to the "Religious Right" or maybe the "Tea Party" idiots or maybe the Republicans in general, since these seem to garner a good deal of your derision here (wi ...[text shortened]... Just saying that these ideas belong to "Christians" as a general whole is just not right.
    The problem is in many places they are making solid political gains and are winning some of the court battles now. Seems to me an indictment on the supposed intelligence of the human race if so many people can be persuaded by the nonsense the right wing nutters preach.
    Like Pray away the gay or teaching creationism as a science, the more such things gain political power the less diversity exists, a kind of entropy of thought.

BTW, did you read my comments in the Bach on accordion, the discussion of the CP300 and my music?
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 00:57
    The problem is in many places they are making solid political gains and are winning some of the court battles now. Seems to me an indictment on the supposed intelligence of the human race if so many people can be persuaded by the nonsense the right wing nutters preach.
    Like Pray away the gay or teaching creationism as a science, the more such things gain ...[text shortened]... TW, did you read my comments in the Bach on accordion, the discussion of the CP300 and my music?
    The USA is right up there with technology and science if your kids start getting taught that stuff you might well loose the edge.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 13:081 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    The USA is right up there with technology and science if your kids start getting taught that stuff you might well loose the edge.
    We already have lost the edge. China now contributes more science papers than the US. We are already behind. What you are witnessing is the slow strangulation of American science and therefore the slow decline of American political power around the world. We will be following the post American empire and will now just be one of the guys on the world stage. Just like the French, the Portuguese, the Brits, Russia, the Dutch, they have all had their day as top dog on the world scene and they, just like us are just another one of the guys. The new players are China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Brazil.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 14:42
    Like Pray away the gay or teaching creationism as a science, the more such things gain ...[text shortened]... TW, did you read my comments in the Bach on accordion, the discussion of the CP300 and my music?
    I agree, the right wing is embarassingly out of touch with reality. And the Religious Right is right behind them. But not all Christians are allied with the right wing.

BTW, did you read my comments in the Bach on accordion, the discussion of the CP300 and my music?
    Hmmm, no... I'm sorry, I'll go take a look.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree