America becoming less and less religious. YEA!:

America becoming less and less religious. YEA!:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Mar 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
And yet, according to you, it's the Christians who are evasive. Yeah, not so much now.

You let me know when I can start paying attention to anything you say from here on. You know, because you actually have something to say. Or can actually back up what you say.

Because holding others to a standard that you yourself can't be bothered to meet is so "reasonable".
The deal about the apocalyptic prophecies is this: they have been made for near two thousand years with no apocalypse and no apocalypse in sight. Those predictions are nothing more and nothing less than weaponized religion. To instill fear in the believer to keep people in line. That is the sum of it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Mar 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
And yet, according to you, it's the Christians who are evasive. Yeah, not so much now.
I wasn't being evasive. I was being sad. That you seem to find joy in imagining the suffering of others because you believe you will personally benefit from it all.

Because holding others to a standard that you yourself can't be bothered to meet is so "reasonable".
I have never held anyone to the 'standard' of answering all questions. I just find it interesting when they get evasive, because it tells you something about them. Not nearly as much as when they are willing to communicate, but what can you do? Its an internet forum!

A
Aimlessly

Sea of Troubles

Moves
28 Mar 13

God Bless secularism... err wait. The fact that so many people still believe in these fairy-tales known as religion is stupefying, the boogeyman of the devil and such. This is the 21st century and the sooner we shake off the yoke of religion the better we shall all be.

Throughout history organized religion has always been set to prey upon the ignorant, down trodden and hopeless as they are the most willing to buy into it. God did not create man. Man created God as a way to make himself feel better about the fact that he was going to die someday.

Sadly religion as an institution will most likely never disappear because there will likely never be a shortage of people who don't think for themselves and are happy to believe whatever they are told.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by Adrift
God Bless secularism... err wait. The fact that so many people still believe in these fairy-tales known as religion is stupefying, the boogeyman of the devil and such. This is the 21st century and the sooner we shake off the yoke of religion the better we shall all be.

Throughout history organized religion has always been set to prey upon the ignorant, ...[text shortened]... rtage of people who don't think for themselves and are happy to believe whatever they are told.
And yet...these biblical prophecies continue to happen. Like Israel being brought back, after they were nearly extinct...must be coincidence.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
And yet...these biblical prophecies continue to happen. Like Israel being brought back, after they were nearly extinct...must be coincidence.
I asked someone in another thread whether he could estimate the odds of one of the prophesies (because he hinted that it was favorable to Christianity). He couldn't, and quickly retreated.
Can you do better? Can you show that the prophesies do any better than would be expected by coincidence?
And who exactly was nearly extinct?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
And yet I hazard a guess that no one, Christian or otherwise, will be able to give me any confident prophesy as to when, "son of Satan", or whoever , will show up. Nor could you tell me in what manner the Christians will be persecuted.
Heck, anything could be from the bible. Apparently some Christians thought Sadam Hussein or Bin Laden was the anti-christ, others were going to link the end of the Mayan calender doomsday prophecy as actually fulfilling the prophecies of the bible. Of course, after the 2012 thing didn't go the way they thought , they quickly told us that this was Mayan and therefore irrelevant.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I wasn't being evasive. I was being sad. That you seem to find joy in imagining the suffering of others because you believe you will personally benefit from it all.

[b]Because holding others to a standard that you yourself can't be bothered to meet is so "reasonable".

I have never held anyone to the 'standard' of answering all questions. I just fi ...[text shortened]... much as when they are willing to communicate, but what can you do? Its an internet forum![/b]

If this were true, you might have a case. As it is, it's only more distortion of reality. That you promote lies as truth is what is sad.

I have never held anyone to the 'standard' of answering all questions. I just find it interesting when they get evasive, because it tells you something about them. Not nearly as much as when they are willing to communicate, but what can you do? Its an internet forum!

No, you constantly harass people as being evasive when they don't immediately answer your question. How many times in this forum do you think you've said something similar to "Are you going to answer my question or evade it yet again?" or "It might help if the Christians weren't so evasive". And yes, when someone is evasive, it does tell you something about them. Like whether you want to hear anything they say after that. But you can be evasive all day long with apparently no consequence, right?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Mar 13

Throughout history organized religion has always been set to prey upon the ignorant, ...[text shortened]... rtage of people who don't think for themselves and are happy to believe whatever they are told.
When someone hands you a candle to combat the darkness, do you immediately put it under a barrel?

And call it names, apparently.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I asked someone in another thread whether he could estimate the odds of one of the prophesies (because he hinted that it was favorable to Christianity). He couldn't, and quickly retreated.
Can you do better? Can you show that the prophesies do any better than would be expected by coincidence?
And who exactly was nearly extinct?
"Never tell me the odds." -- Han Solo

I agree. There's no bigger waste of time. Great way to derail a thread. And you're proud of it. Yeah, taking about something substantial is so hard.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Mar 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
And yet I hazard a guess that no one, Christian or otherwise, will be able to give me any confident prophesy as to when, "son of Satan", or whoever , will show up. Nor could you tell me in what manner the Christians will be persecuted.
Heck, anything could be from the bible. Apparently some Christians thought Sadam Hussein or Bin Laden was the anti-c ...[text shortened]... go the way they thought , they quickly told us that this was Mayan and therefore irrelevant.
Hey, I'm not saying Christians don't have their share of pinheads. Obviously, we do.

But we are cautioned against prophesying the time of end-time events. No one knows. People have been prophesying it for 2000+ years. Eventually people stop listening. This is why we're cautioned against putting a time to any of it. We know it's coming and we are told to prepare. That should be enough for anyone. We are told that we can guess it's getting close by noticing the "signs of the times", just like one can tell when winter is coming. Dates like Dec. 21, 2012 mean nothing.

And how many times must I compare the manner Christians will be persecuted with the Holocaust? It will be very similar, complete with camps and eventual mass killings. It wouldn't surprise me to see it all televised this time around, though.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by sumydid
You'll get your freedom, just hang in there.

And I too rejoice in this once fine country becoming less and less Christian. Because that means the glorious end draws all the more near.

Can I get an amen, brothers and sisters?
Are you referring to the Lake of Fire prepared for Satan and his followers?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

Like the evilutionists. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
The deal about the apocalyptic prophecies is this: they have been made for near two thousand years with no apocalypse and no apocalypse in sight. Those predictions are nothing more and nothing less than weaponized religion. To instill fear in the believer to keep people in line. That is the sum of it. Nothing more, nothing less.
You don't see an apocalypse in sight because you don't care what is happening in Israel and don't see any danger in weapons of mass destruction getting in the hands of the leaders of Iran or any other Islamic extremists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Mar 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Heck, anything could be from the bible. Apparently some Christians thought Sadam Hussein or Bin Laden was the anti-c ...[text shortened]... go the way they thought , they quickly told us that this was Mayan and therefore irrelevant.
I believe these are the false prophets predicted by Jesus and some of His apostles.

"Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" Jesus answered, "Watch out that no one deceives you, for many will come in my name,.. At that time many will turn away from the faith... and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

(Matthew 24:3-5, 10-11 NIV)

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand."

(Matthew 24:23-25 NKJV)