America becoming less and less religious. YEA!:

America becoming less and less religious. YEA!:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Mar 13

http://phys.org/news/2013-03-americans-religion-increasingly-ways.html#firstCmt

I may get freedom FROM religion yet.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonhouse

The overwhelming attitude I see online these days is that most (ok, maybe just a large percentage) young people not only claim to be atheist, but listening to them talk, they have a definite hatred of those who are religious (calling them names, such as liars, lemmings, stupid, mind-controlled, etc.) and the claim that religion is evil is rampant. Satan has not been idle, it seems.

I've said it before, but I see the day ahead when we see a new holocaust. Only this time, it will be the Christians. I don't expect it until the AntiChrist appears, but the societal groundwork is definitely being laid now.

P

Moves
20 Mar 13

The problem with some of these studies is that they represent the category of "no religion" being lumped in with atheists.

This one did apparently differentiate - while 20% said "no religion", 3% claimed to be atheists.

Now, there will me some others in there that are agnostic or who just don't like calling themselves an atheist, but a lot do believe in religion, just don't associate with a specific sect or title.

Definitely is good news though.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Mar 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
The overwhelming attitude I see online these days is that most (ok, maybe just a large percentage) young people not only claim to be atheist, but listening to them talk, they have a definite hatred of those who are religious (calling them names, such as liars, lemmings, stupid, mind-controlled, etc.) and the claim that religion is evil is rampant. Satan ha ...[text shortened]... ect it until the AntiChrist appears, but the societal groundwork is definitely being laid now.
Circling the wagons, eh.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
20 Mar 13

The overwhelming attitude I see online these days is that most (ok, maybe just a large percentage) young people not only claim to be atheist, but listening to them talk, they have a definite hatred of those who are religious (calling them names, such as liars, lemmings, stupid, mind-controlled, etc.) and the claim that religion is evil is rampant. Satan ha ...[text shortened]... ect it until the AntiChrist appears, but the societal groundwork is definitely being laid now.
If Satan turns up I want you
beside me in that tight Supergirl outfit.

P

Moves
20 Mar 13

Circling the wagons, eh.
It's the persecution complex rearing its head again.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Mar 13

Freedom from religion is your best option old son, but you will never be free from spirituality.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
21 Mar 13

For someone who's always going on about the arrogance of atheists, do you realise how arrogant you are in contending that all these people are under the control of Satan? 🙄

Moves
21 Mar 13

i think they youth of today are turned from religion by politics. studies have shown that this current teenage generation are the most politically cynical ever and have very low opinions of politicians. politicians pushing religion and connecting it to right wing politics is driving the youth away. this generation are going to be the most liberal ever, unless the church takes its voice back from politicians and moves with the times (it looks like the catholics are getting the picture, i reckon we will see a turn around in some of their extreme views soon as they fight to get their numbers back up) its going to start hemorrhaging people at a critical rate.

all that crap about it being satans fault and atheists killing christians isnt helping either, it just makes you sound like and extremist nut.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Mar 13

It will come sooner or later, but God is faithful and will take care of His own..🙂

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Mar 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
It will come sooner or later, but God is faithful and will take care of His own..🙂
Well you say that, but didn't he drown a lot of his followers that one time?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Well you say that, but didn't he drown a lot of his followers that one time?
That's because he works in mysterious ways. (Heck,what a s**t hot disclaimer right there.)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Mar 13

Yea, now we get murder and all kinds of things in places we have never seen before since we have no fear of God and none for man.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
21 Mar 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yea, now we get murder and all kinds of things in places we have never seen before since we have no fear of God and none for man.
Kelly
Yet oddly enough the statistics show that the world is a safer place.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Mar 13

How about 'lets put aside our religious differences and just run the world as best we can for everyone?'
I reckon a lot of those young people would go for that, no probs.

As far as being told what to believe, especially about horrible places that supposedly await sinners - especially to children... well it's no wonder I've come across my fair share of "recovering Catholics".