addiction is a choice

addiction is a choice

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
I can understand why you edited out the majority of my post, since it's embarrassing for you. ...
No sir. You're putting energy into this, but its not directed toward honest communication. I don't understand trolls, I assume they're lazy, but maybe they aren't. I definitely sense your first post was like a fly caster who sees a promising hole. You have done nothing since except act goofy. Move on or get real.

T

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by apathist
No sir. You're putting energy into this, but its not directed toward honest communication. I don't understand trolls, I assume they're lazy, but maybe they aren't. I definitely sense your first post was like a fly caster who sees a promising hole. You have done nothing since except act goofy. Move on or get real.
I can understand why you edited out the majority of my post, since it's embarrassing for you. Calling me a "troll" doesn't change the facts stated in my post. Nor does continuing to refuse to admit that you were wrong. Nor did editing out the majority of my post.

Here is my post in its entirety:

Seems you failed to understand the distinction between someone calling you an idiot and someone stating that you were "[pretending] to not understand simple concepts even after it's spelled out for you rather than admit that you were wrong" and how you "would rather appear an idiot rather than admit it.".

Just as you failed to understand that my saying that "addiction might best be understood as a maturity issue" does not in any way imply that "they had no maturity at all at any level about anything" as well as other things.

So perhaps there isn't any "pretending" going on whatsoever. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I stand corrected.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16

troll poop ^^^

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
[b] Many alcoholics don't drink.

So you are saying everyone that had an alcohol addiction in the past is an 'alcoholic for life' and no alcoholic can ever stop being an alcoholic even if they never have a drop of alcohol ever again? By implication can someone who has never had a drop of alcohol in their entire life also be an alcoholic without kn ...[text shortened]... you say follow any of these definitions. If you have a better definition feel free to share it.[/b]
I would say that definition 2b fair hits the mark. I expect you will read 'marked by' and triumphantly declare that this means that one is not an alcoholic if one is no longer demonstrating 'excessive and usually compulsive...' etc. I suppose this may reflect a less than optimal choice of wording, and I daresay that if one were to examine the entire dictionary with such a pedantic mindset one might quibble with many more. Regardless of the definition, if you ever meet an alcoholic and are able to talk frankly and openly about his or her condition, you will find that everything I have been trying to tell you is quite true.

It is pretty clear by now that the reason you wish to categorise this condition about which you obviously lack first- or second-hand experience in a manner to accord with your rather naive position is simply another dreary effort at internet-argument point scoring. Is this endeavour bringing you a great deal of satisfaction?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I would say that ...
It sounds like you say nothing, really. If you disagree that addiction is a choice then spell out your objection.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Oct 16

It sounds like you say nothing, really. If you disagree that addiction is a choice then spell out your objection.
I have done so pretty clearly I think. I do not feel inclined to repeat myself, perhaps you could read my earlier posts?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16

I have done so pretty clearly I think. I do not feel inclined to repeat myself, perhaps you could read my earlier posts?
Your position is not worth repeating?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
09 Oct 16

Your position is not worth repeating?
Read it twice, maybe that will help.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
10 Oct 16

Since you agree that the points in your posts are not worth restating, well then I agree. Addiction remains a choice. Which it is, so your decision is wise.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Oct 16

Since you agree that the points in your posts are not worth restating, well then I agree. Addiction remains a choice. Which it is, so your decision is wise.
I don't feel a need to engage in point-scoring over the internet, I was just explaining some stuff. Whether you believe it or not is entirely your choice.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Oct 16

I would say that definition 2b fair hits the mark. I expect you will read 'marked by' and triumphantly declare that this means that one is not an alcoholic if one is no longer demonstrating 'excessive and usually compulsive...' etc. I suppose this may reflect a less than optimal choice of wording, and I daresay that if one were to examine the entire ...[text shortened]... at internet-argument point scoring. Is this endeavour bringing you a great deal of satisfaction?
Are you an alcoholic? If not, what makes your 'second hand' experience is more viable than mine?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Are you an alcoholic? If not, what makes your 'second hand' experience is more viable than mine?
It's pretty clear that you have little or no experience with alcoholism, or you would not hold the views that you do.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
11 Oct 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat... Whether you believe it or not is entirely your choice.
Believe what? Addiction is a choice, you disagree but won't explain why. You say you already have explained - so a simple cut-n-paste would work. Since you find your comments unworthy of being repeated, why should I find them worthy of hunting down?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Oct 16

Just "ted". I was looking for that particular talk.
Oh, so you had prior knowledge of it. I see.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Oct 16

It's pretty clear that you have little or no experience with alcoholism, or you would not hold the views that you do.
Actually my grandfather was an alcoholic and even though he stopped drinking alcohol he substituted the alcohol with fizzy drinks, developed diabetes which killed him.