1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 14:53
    @fmf said
    Well, you can stick your "thanks" in your ear.
    It doesn't fit. 😛
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 14:541 edit
    @fmf said
    On the occasions I have talked people out of terminating a pregnancy, rape was not involved. Nor were they minors.
    Well, good job then; in my personal opinion.
    However, a fertilized egg is not a pregnancy.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:02
    @kingdavid403 said
    However, a fertilized egg is not a pregnancy.
    My personal belief is that the fertilization of the egg is the initiation of the development of a human life’s unique personhood.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:171 edit
    @fmf said
    My personal belief is that the fertilization of the egg is the initiation of the development of a human life’s unique personhood.
    Well, a fertilized egg is still not a pregnancy; and, that's a fact. The majority of fertilized eggs (93% or so) never initiate a pregnancy.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:19
    @kingdavid403 said
    Well, a fertilized egg is still not a pregnancy; and, that's a fact.
    But, for me, it is the initiation of life. The way you use the word "pregnancy" does not affect my belief.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:26
    @fmf said
    But, for me, it is the initiation of life. The way you use the word "pregnancy" does not affect my belief.
    The way you use the word "pregnancy"
    Use the word "pregnancy" ?
    One is either pregnant or not.
    But, for me, it is the initiation of life.
    I caught that; and, I understand.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:29
    @kingdavid403 said
    The way you use the word "pregnancy"
    Use the word "pregnancy" ?
    One is either pregnant or not.
    I don't care about the word "pregnancy". For me, a fertilized egg is the initiation of life. You can mention the word "pregnancy" as many times as you want, but it has no traction with me.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:40
    @kingdavid403 said
    But, for me, it is the initiation of life.
    I caught that; and, I understand.
    If, for you, life begins at "pregnancy", then so be it.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:424 edits
    @fmf said
    I don't care about the word "pregnancy". For me, a fertilized egg is the initiation of life. You can mention the word "pregnancy" as many times as you want, but it has no traction with me.
    Yeah; well many people swore that the earth was flat for a long long time. In fact, it was a supposed sin and heresy to think otherwise. People that told them the truth that our earth is actually round, this had no traction with flat-earth believers either. However, the earth still was, and is, still round.
    They also use to think, that the sun went around the earth; when in reality, it is the earth that goes around the sun.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 15:50
    @kingdavid403 said
    Yeah; well many people swore that the earth was flat for a long long time.
    If you think this analogy undermines my personal belief, then you are being very silly. It's especially laughable because you are the ONLY person in this chat [across several threads] who has not yet stated unequivocally when you think life begins.

If it begins at "pregnancy" then say so. If it begins as the baby comes out of the birth canal, then say so. If you are not prepared to share what your belief is, then just admit it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 16:05
    @kingdavid403 said
    Yeah; well many people swore that the earth was flat for a long long time. In fact, it was a supposed sin and heresy to think otherwise. People that told them the truth that our earth is actually round, this had no traction with flat-earth believers either. However, the earth still was, and is, still round.
    They also use to think, that the sun went around the earth; when in reality, it is the earth that goes around the sun.
    I believe that, if it is true that the Abrahamic God has written certain things on the hearts of every human ~ i.e. if that is the source of human consciousness ~ I would imagine that one of the things that He has written there is that life begins at conception.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 16:11
    @fmf said
    I believe that, if it is true that the Abrahamic God has written certain things on the hearts of every human ~ i.e. if that is the source of human consciousness ~ I would imagine that one of the things that He has written there is that life begins at conception.
    He has written there is that life begins at conception.
    Well Mr. Atheist, then He wrote that most persons will be dead before their body's start to form in the womb then. There's no two ways about it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 16:13
    @kingdavid403 said
    He has written there is that life begins at conception.
    Well Mr. Atheist, then He wrote that most persons will be dead before their body's start to form in the womb then. There's no two ways about it.
    What difference does it make that I am an agnostic atheist? What has YOUR God figure written in your heart, according to your beliefs, about when life begins?
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 16:14
    @fmf said
    If you think this analogy undermines my personal belief, then you are being very silly. It's especially laughable because you are the ONLY person in this chat [across several threads] who has not yet stated unequivocally when you think life begins.

If it begins at "pregnancy" then say so. If it begins as the baby comes out of the birth canal, then say so. If you are not prepared to share what your belief is, then just admit it.
    A life begins at birth. Ones body began, or begins to form when there is a pregnancy. I've stated this many many times. It's not my fault that you missed that.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 16:163 edits
    @fmf said
    What difference does it make that I am an agnostic atheist? What has YOUR God figure written in your heart, according to your beliefs, about when life begins?
    At Birth.
    One must be born, for their life on this earth to begin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree