1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:05
    @fmf said
    No. I wouldn't use the word "murder" in debating this issue or to describe aborting a foetus prior to viability. The fact that my wife and I couldn't go through with an abortion for our own highly personal deep-seated reasons doesn't motivate me to accuse other people ~ whose beliefs on this matter differ from mine ~ of being "murderers".
    Nor would I accuse a woman who had an abortion of being a murderer. But I still view abortion as murder. I was just wondering if you viewed it as murder also.

I don’t see how you can believe that life begins at conception and not view the killing of that life as murder.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:07
    @savedbygrace said
    I still view abortion as murder. I was just wondering if you viewed it as murder also.
    No, I don't.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:07
    @savedbygrace said
    Nor would I accuse a woman who had an abortion of being a murderer.
    Why not?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:101 edit
    @savedbygrace said
    I don’t see how you can believe that life begins at conception and not view the killing of that life as murder.
    I do not wish to impose my personal belief that life begins at conception on anyone else even in a rhetorical way by characterizing it as "murder". My personal belief that life begins at conception governs my own personal choices and actions.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:13
    @fmf said
    Why not?
    I don’t know. Possibly because I’m not sure when exactly life begins. I mean a 20-year-old and newborn baby are obviously alive. The question becomes murkier pre-birth.

Though I believe life begins at conception, I’m open to the possibility that I’m wrong. But no one could persuade me a 20-year-old or newly-born baby are not alive.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:18
    @savedbygrace said
    I don’t know. Possibly because I’m not sure when exactly life begins. I mean a 20-year-old and newborn baby are obviously alive. The question becomes murkier pre-birth.

Though I believe life begins at conception, I’m open to the possibility that I’m wrong. But no one could persuade me a 20-year-old or newly-born baby are not alive.
    You believe that a woman aborting her foetus is carrying out a murder BUT you would never accuse her of being a murderer? Why not?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:19
    @fmf said
    You believe that a woman aborting her foetus is carrying out a murder BUT you would never accuse her of being a murderer? Why not?
    Already answered that.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '22 02:25
    @savedbygrace said
    Already answered that.
    I don't think you did. There cannot be a "murder" without there being a "murderer". You said you don't want to use the word "murderer"... "possibly because I’m not sure when exactly life begins." And yet here you are bandying about the word "murder".
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Aug '22 17:362 edits
    @fmf said
    I don't think you did. There cannot be a "murder" without there being a "murderer". You said you don't want to use the word "murderer"... "possibly because I’m not sure when exactly life begins." And yet here you are bandying about the word "murder".
    savedbygrace has been removed. That's Interesting to me. Any thoughts or answers as to why? Anyone? EDIT: Never mind, I'm fairly certain I know why.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 01:23
    @kingdavid403 said
    savedbygrace has been removed. That's Interesting to me. Any thoughts or answers as to why?
    He has been removed by Russ, the site owner because he has a policy of removing previously banned users and he became aware that SavedByGrace was exactly that.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 01:47
    @fmf said
    He has been removed by Russ, the site owner because he has a policy of removing previously banned users and he became aware that SavedByGrace was exactly that.
    Do you know his previous user name?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 01:53
    @kingdavid403 said
    Do you know his previous user name?
    I know of at least three [that were banned] and there are several others which did not get used for long enough to get banned. If you are interested, it's discussed briefly on the Site Ideas Forum, the thread "Waiting period for new posters".
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 02:102 edits
    @fmf said
    I know of at least three [that were banned] and there are several others which did not get used for long enough to get banned. If you are interested, it's discussed briefly on the Site Ideas Forum, the thread "Waiting period for new posters".
    Okay, and thank you.
    EDIT: Wow, I'm fairly certain that he use to be in my clan years ago. I had a Romans 10 something in my clan back then for a while also. Thanks again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree