A valid question to all organized religion

A valid question to all organized religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
No idea.

But that has been proposed by most Christians on here.

You don't believe he knows the future?
There are multiple verses.

He claims with him, all things are possible.

He claims he can do all things.

He claims he knows all things.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version NKJV)

That is why we need the Holy Bible.

The Instructor[/b]
If there is much debate about translations from ancient hebrew and greek into modern day languages then how much more debate should there be in translation from divine inspiration? How do we know that the authors of the bible were not inspired by Satan himself? Afterall, Satan inspired Eve to eat the apple.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
There are no gods. There is only one God.

That is, if you can stay within the context of the topic of discussion. But if you are going to be "arbitrary" about what [b]you
define as (g)od, then there's nothing to debate, because you will make up the rules as you go along to suit your narrow minded bias against God and those who know Him.[/b]
If there are no other gods then why does the god in your bible specifically say "you shall put no other god before me"???

This is misleading because it gives me the freedom to worship other gods(that you claim don't exist yet have no more proof than I to claim that the biblical god doesn't exist) as long as I worship the god in your bible equally, as long as they are merely abreast of him and not before him I am safe.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13
1 edit

Most people don't like to sing for extended lengths of time, don't like to sit in one place listening to a speaker for more than a few minutes. The most enjoyable act a human can engage in is sexual intercourse.

Why do I not want to spend an eternity in heaven? Because I can't even stand spending ten minutes in church.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
If there are no other gods then why does the god in your bible specifically say "you shall put no other god before me"???

This is misleading because it gives me the freedom to worship other gods(that you claim don't exist yet have no more proof than I to claim that the biblical god doesn't exist) as long as I worship the god in your bible equally, as long as they are merely abreast of him and not before him I am safe.
"If there are no other gods then why does the god in your bible specifically say "you shall put no other god before me"???"

MISTER CHESS, it's all in your mind. The other gods that is, because they don't exist. They only exist in the imagination.

God, on the other hand will one day look you in the eye and tell you to give an account of your life. If there was anything in it you put before Him you have to live with the consequences of it forever.

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13

[b]"If there are no other gods then why does the god in your bible specifically say "you shall put no other god before me"???"

MISTER CHESS, it's all in your mind. The other gods that is, because they don't exist. They only exist in the imagination.

God, on the other hand will one day look you in the eye and tell you to give an account of your life ...[text shortened]... here was anything in it you put before Him you have to live with the consequences of it forever.[/b]
This is quite funny actually. A religionist making an argument that supposed gods do not exist and expecting it to be credible.

I could say the same to you josephw, it's all in your mind.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 13
1 edit

This is quite funny actually. A religionist making an argument that supposed gods do not exist and expecting it to be credible.

I could say the same to you josephw, it's all in your mind.
"I could say the same to you josephw, it's all in your mind."

You would be right. You see, if you have the wrong stuff in your mind, you're wrong. Plain and simple.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformation, not conformation. Big difference, but how would you know?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Sep 13

[b]"I could say the same to you josephw, it's all in your mind."

You would be right. You see, if you have the wrong stuff in your mind, you're wrong. Plain and simple.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformation, not conformation. Big difference, but how would you know?[/b]
So why has your god made no appearance in 2000 years at least? What if it doesn't make a stop here in 20,000,000 years, would that bother you. Say you had a time machine and could make trips to the future a thousand years at a time, would you have expected to have evidence this god had appeared?

MC

Moves
26 Sep 13

[b]"I could say the same to you josephw, it's all in your mind."

Transformation, not conformation. Big difference, but how would you know?[/b]
I think I'll just pick a random god that disagrees with your god and let them do the arguing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13

If there is much debate about translations from ancient hebrew and greek into modern day languages then how much more debate should there be in translation from divine inspiration? How do we know that the authors of the bible were not inspired by Satan himself? Afterall, Satan inspired Eve to eat the apple.
The scripture does not say she ate of an apple tree. It says she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

All translations say these prophets were inspired by God. There is no debate about that point, so there is no reason to believe they were inspired by Satan.

The Instructor

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
27 Sep 13

[b]All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version NKJV)

That is why we need the Holy Bible.

The Instructor[/b]
Certainly, there are great lessons in the Bible, but there are parts of it that do no right true in my heart...

I'll get to that bit in my next post.

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
So you are asking all organized religion this or just the christian based ones this? Of course man would corrupt text books. The answer I have been given when I asked a similar question was that god would see to it man did not corrupt it. Given all the different versions of the bibles and teachings within the realm of christianity, I would say there is corruption assuming the bible was in fact the word of god to begin with.
Yes, all organized religion. They all seem to have the same tune when it comes to homosexuality. The idea that God created them with love, but does not welcome them to it's kingdom because...that kind of love is a sin/abomination?! That doesn't make any sense. These people were born homosexuals, and they have every right to go into heaven just like anyone else. It just doesn't make sense why the Creator would do such a thing! Just like it wouldn't make sense for the Creator to create us humans just to kill each other off "in God's name". Nope, not buying it!

e
Adepto 'er perfectu

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
rather interestingly this is exactly what the so called satanic verses were, so its not a new idea. Muhammad, about to be given a pasting by the residents of Medina uttered praise for the deities of the city, naturally this was against the strict monotheism of Islam and thus the verses were seen as having been influenced by Satan, a corruption and removed.
I have not read the Quran, so I can't really comment. I do know that it is supposed to be a continuation, of sorts, to the Bible...

At least they acknowledge Jesus. 🙂

MC

Moves
27 Sep 13

The scripture does not say she ate of an apple tree. It says she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

All translations say these prophets were inspired by God. There is no debate about that point, so there is no reason to believe they were inspired by Satan.

The Instructor

Who cares?

And if these prophets were inspired by Satan would the scriptures say they weren't inspired by God?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 13

[b]The scripture does not say she ate of an apple tree. It says she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Who cares?

And if these prophets were inspired by Satan would the scriptures say they weren't inspired by God?[/b]
That is a stupid question. Are you inspired by Satan?

The Instructor