A valid question to all organized religion

A valid question to all organized religion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by rwingett
If Satan has corrupted portions of the bible, then nothing the bible says can be "clear." The part that says Jesus is an intermediary could be one of the corrupted parts.
This is where studying the Bible with God's direction comes into play. If you get a Bible that has been tweeked so to speak and some statement in some scripture does not agree with other scriptures on the same subject, then you do have a problem with that particular translation. That could be because the translator put his own ideas into it which was wrong or perhaps one has to ask God for direction to help if one does not understand. Sometimes that is the issue.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by Agerg
I doubt your version of God can be trusted to thoroughly think anything out. Apparently he put a talking serpent in his magic garden, and well ... things didn't work out very well for Adam and Eve! (it is alleged)
Not to change the subject but where may I ask does the Bible say God was behind the talking serpent?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by josephw
Logic dictates that the Word of God is "clear" and can be trusted in it's entirety.
Dude, I'm fighting a case to stop theists being mocked.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Sep 13
3 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Not to change the subject but where may I ask does the Bible say God was behind the talking serpent?
Gen 3:1 ..the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made..

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Dude, I'm fighting a case to stop theists being mocked.
😀

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
24 Sep 13
3 edits

Was he responsible for creating the magic garden (edit: and thanks to Rajk - all the things in said garden)?
did he have the final say in who gets to stay in his magic garden?
was the talking serpent able to stay in the magic garden?

If yes to these questions then your god was responsible.
If no to any then please elaborate

Moves
24 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Because the bible has been tested and tried by many, many daring believers with positive results. Besides, do you think God had not already thoroughly thought this out before hand?
Anyone who seeks God out with their whole heart will be found by Him, and He will verify His word to you personally.
That's what I mean by direct revelation. I believe it is both necessary, and sufficient. The word of any other person should not be taken for it.

Moves
24 Sep 13

Agreed on the trinity issue. But if one doubts the Bible and it not being inspired by God, then where do you get this idea from? Has God told you it is no longer good and not inspired by him?
To my knowledge I have not been told by God either way.

This is where some would say I have been told but refuse to hear.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by JS357
To my knowledge I have not been told by God either way.

This is where some would say I have been told but refuse to hear.
Could be the problem...Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 13

Jehovah made all the creatures that were upon the earth and after he created them all he said "it was good".
But satan knew he was not going to be able to come face to face with Adam and Eve to make them turn against God. They would probably not have gone for that direct approach.
Satan being the sly and wicked being he had made himself from his own selfishness, knew he would have to use another tactic and that was to use the serpent to speak thru to trick Eve into believeing God was holding something back from her and Adam. Sadly it worked on her.
But God did not by any stretch of the imagination create or have any influance on this serpent to be used for this wicked trick. It was completely designed by satan who is still using lies and trickery to mislead most humans today.

Moves
25 Sep 13

Jehovah made all the creatures that were upon the earth and after he created them all he said "it was good".
But satan knew he was not going to be able to come face to face with Adam and Eve to make them turn against God. They would probably not have gone for that direct approach.
Satan being the sly and wicked being he had made himself from his own ...[text shortened]... completely designed by satan who is still using lies and trickery to mislead most humans today.
This sounds like something out of "The Bible for 6-Year-Olds."

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 Sep 13

Satan being the sly and wicked being he had made himself from his own ...[text shortened]... completely designed by satan who is still using lies and trickery to mislead most humans today.
How Satan get into the garden? and how did your all-seeing, all-knowing, and all-doing god not notice this?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
What exactly is the 'word of God'
- the Hebrew Bible
- The Greek Septuagint
- The King James 1611
- The King James
- The JW Bible

Which is clear and can be trusted?
They are all different.
Well said. A further issue is the presumption (when it is the presumption) that everything is to be taken literally/factually/historistically. I think that a literary analysis of biblical texts deconstructs such a notion more often than not (especially, but not limited to, the case of the Hebrew scriptures.) Such “literality” is a hermeneutival presumption (one that seems to be often assumed also by “secular” commentators).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by JS357
This sounds like something out of "The Bible for 6-Year-Olds."
What Galveston posted is straight out of the JW handbook for adults. Are you saying that the JWs have the mentality of 6 yr olds?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Sep 13
1 edit

There is a particular version of the Bible used by a well known denomination, with a statement in the first few pages claiming it was translated from the original Greek and Hebrew. Greek and Hebrew scholars were suspicious and took the translator to court, and under oath he was forced to admit he had no knowledge of either Greek or Hebrew. He had simply paraphrased from the King James Bible, and made some significant changes in the wording where ever he felt changes needed to be made.

This was quite a long time ago, but this alteration of the KJ Bible is still being published under the claim it's translated from the original Greek and Hebrew. They are able to do this because the law does not prohibit them from making false claims. The purpose of the court case was to establish the so called translator had lied, but other than that the court has no authority to do anything about it.

The reason this is important is because there are many people who belong to this established and prominent denomination, and who by virtue of being life long members are not likely to wonder if what they are being taught is correct or not. Satan knows how to distract us and to encourage us to follow after misplaced loyalties, so it's really up to us as individuals (and not necessarily as church members) what we are willing to be a part of or not.