A real life dilemma - tonight!

A real life dilemma - tonight!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why not just tell us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you?
I have so some extent. It is far from simple, and I thought we could flesh it out a bit, but you spent so much time dodging, avoiding and lying that I am getting tired of the discussion. I don't think you are being serious. Maybe you are trying to do a Robbie impression.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
But I do work to alleviate poverty. Why are you saying I don't?
My mistake, I should have said "in Africa". (my original question did)

Cape Town

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why do you claim I don't currently do anything about people in Africa?
Because that was your answer (when you decided to stop lying about it).

My opinion is that I am not "morally wrong" although you are free to disagree.
So, have we established that neglecting to help someone is not always morally wrong?

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I don't think you are being serious.
I have also suspected that you haven't been being serious in all this, either. But I now take it you have been.

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

So, have we established that neglecting to help someone is not always morally wrong?
Who are you claiming I have neglected?

F

Moves
10 Feb 12
1 edit

F

Moves
10 Feb 12

Because that was your answer (when you decided to stop lying about it).
My 'I will be very soon because it will make you think I understand morality' comment was a clumsy attempt at facetious humour at a moment when the thread was racing away post after overlapping post. I thought it was a cocking of the snook that was very much in keeping with the spirit and tone of your line of questioning.

Cape Town

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Are you following the conversation or not? You keep asking the most ridiculous questions.

I don't want you do do anything (with regards to helping people in Africa). I want you to honestly state why you don't currently do anything about them and whether you feel morally obliged to help or not.
Originally posted by FMF
My opinion is that I am not "morally wrong" although you are free to disagree.
Originally posted by FMF

Is it really that hard to follow?
You have neglected at least one African who starved to death in the last year. You do not believe you are morally wrong to have done so. Have we, or have we not established that neglecting to help a dying person is not always morally wrong?

Cape Town

Moves
10 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
My 'I will be very soon because it will make you think I understand morality' comment was a clumsy attempt at facetious humour at a moment when the thread was racing away post after overlapping post. I thought it was a cocking of the snook that was very much in keeping with the spirit and tone of your line of questioning.
My mistake then. I did not see the humour in it. I thought you were avoiding the question as you did with most of my other questions.

But humour or not, it was a statement you knew not to be true and thus a lie. So I found it odd that you kept asking me where you lied rather than simply saying it was humour or an error, or some other reasonable justification.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 12
1 edit

Mispost

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
..anything would be better than this ill informed and blatantly ignorant projection of ignorance, its not an attempt to condescend to you in any way, but your lack of understanding is really incredulous.
Your right, I don't feel condesended to at all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
would you also have cursed Christ when the Romans brought in a statue of Caesar in as well?
Who said I would "curse Christ"?

F

Moves
11 Feb 12

You have neglected at least one African who starved to death in the last year. You do not believe you are morally wrong to have done so. Have we, or have we not established that neglecting to help a dying person is not always morally wrong?
Which African person are you claiming I neglected?

F

Moves
11 Feb 12

I am trying to establish where moral responsibility starts and ends.

Originally posted by FMF
Why not just tell us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you?
* BUMP * for twhitehead.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Which African person are you claiming I neglected?
Does it matter? Are you claiming to have taken care of every African person? Or are you stalling because you don't want to answer the question?