A Muslim Who Became a Hero to Christians

A Muslim Who Became a Hero to Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
There's no getting away from the fact that your anecdote is wishy-washy in the face of the overwhelming prejudice and ignorance there is regarding common or garden Muslims going about their everyday lives. A war hero story plucked from a conflict that happened 30-40 years ago does nothing to rebuff the kind of silly hatred that you were responding to. It's like you saying, in response to someone claiming that all Scotsmen end up dying at the back of pay-as-you-exit buses, that you once met a very generous and not-miserly Scotsman which proves the silly prejudiced remark to be incorrect.

w

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

I had a friend who lived in Africa and was Muslim. He said that he was persecuted by fundamentalist Muslims who labeled him an infidel because he was not a fundamentalist.

He decided to turn the other cheek, which I thought was rather Christ like of him.

Shrug. Unfortunately most Christians it seems can't live up to their mentor Jesus, but luckily most Muslims have the same trouble of living up to the warlord Mohammad and his war god Allah as well.

D

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

D

Moves
04 Jun 15

D

Moves
04 Jun 15

F

Moves
04 Jun 15

If you realize that this is the depth of the prejudice then it's a pity the best you can come up with on this occasion is to trot out an anecdote about one man's daring-do in a war almost half a century ago which has little or nothing to do with his religion or his beliefs ~ or anyone else's [at least in so far as how you tell it] ~ and which contributes little or nothing to the efforts to resist and rebut the ignorance and hatred directed at ordinary, decent Muslims.

F

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

I notice that you've deliberately put the words you attribute to Bill718 in quotation marks. Can you point us to the thread or post in which he wrote these words. Summarizing his "apparent position" is one thing, but putting it in quotation marks ~ as you well know ~ is something different, and it means you should be able to point us to the text you are quoting.

D

Moves
04 Jun 15

F

Moves
04 Jun 15

Why not tackle the substance of my criticism? Your anecdote is a weak and wishy-washy contribution to the debate about prejudice. You shouldn't take disagreement so personally on a discussion and debate forum.

D

Moves
04 Jun 15

D

Moves
04 Jun 15

F

Moves
04 Jun 15

If it's not a quotation of him, why did you deliberately place the words in quotation marks?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

I disagree with your earlier comment "this forum is full of bigotry". This forum has bigger issues than the relatively small amount of Muslim bigotry which generally seems to come from two discredited and non-forum-representative members: rjhinds and dasa.

F

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

Don't be silly. Nobody is asking you to end "all the anti-Muslim bigotry here" or accusing you of being "unable to write one post that could miraculously end all the anti-Muslim bigotry in this forum". This is a silly encapsulation of my criticism of your OP. Indeed, your OP is just a lazy anecdotal 'popular history' style post ~ it's nothing much more than a story of wartime heroics with almost meaningless generic religious labels attached to it ~ and it can be answered with similar shallow anecdotes about persons essentially unknown whose religious labels suit the poster.

D

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits