1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:24
    @rajk999 said
    Whether or not God is fond of me, is irrelevant to the topic in this thread. You might be surprised about who God is fond of. It says much about people [3 so far here] who instead of sticking to the topic choose to make direct or snide derogatory remarks about someone. I bet you cannot find anything wrong with what I have said, neither can you find anything I have boasted ab ...[text shortened]... tance on this matter, you chose to condemn me. Jesus said when this happens to be happy. I am happy.
    Jesus never commented on the gay issue.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:331 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Jesus never commented on the gay issue.
    Oh, you are correct .. my apologies. Homosexuality is OK then.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:36
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Where's the fun in that?

Let's try to figure it out.
    Indeed, however I like to enjoy asking direct questions.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:40
    @rajk999 said
    Well, He didn't. Maybe that's the reason for the Church of Iceland thread, about the Jesus depiction. Maybe Jesus loves everyone, even gay people?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:44
    @chaney3 said
    Well, He didn't. Maybe that's the reason for the Church of Iceland thread, about the Jesus depiction. Maybe Jesus loves everyone, even gay people?
    Maybe you are right. I wont put money on it though. Neither would I chance my hope of eternal life on someone's uninformed guess.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '20 23:49
    @rajk999 said
    Maybe you are right. I wont put money on it though. Neither would I chance my hope of eternal life on someone's uninformed guess.
    It just seems to me that if Jesus was against homosexuality He would have said something about it. Instead, He preached about love and tolerance for all of us.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 00:01
    @chaney3 said
    It just seems to me that if Jesus was against homosexuality He would have said something about it. Instead, He preached about love and tolerance for all of us.
    We have no record of all that Jesus preached. The love that Jesus preached was charitable or brotherly love. I dont know what kind of love you refer to. As for tolerance, you might be surprised to know that that word does not exist in the bible, especially when it comes to sin.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 00:10
    @rajk999 said
    We have no record of all that Jesus preached. The love that Jesus preached was charitable or brotherly love. I dont know what kind of love you refer to. As for tolerance, you might be surprised to know that that word does not exist in the bible, especially when it comes to sin.
    Loving one's neighbor, when one might seriously dislike them, is tolerance.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 00:22
    @chaney3 said
    Loving one's neighbor, when one might seriously dislike them, is tolerance.
    You are not stating your case clearly. Here is the correct thing

- Charitable love is demonstrated when you show charity to all people, whether you like them or not.

Your use of the word 'tolerance' is implying that one must accept their sin and to condone it. This is incorrect.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 06:312 edits
    @rajk999 said
    You are not stating your case clearly. Here is the correct thing

- Charitable love is demonstrated when you show charity to all people, whether you like them or not.

Your use of the word 'tolerance' is implying that one must accept their sin and to condone it. This is incorrect.
    Do you think that what Jesus meant was "Love thy neighbor as thyself, unless, you know, they don't look like you, or have a lifestyle different from you, or are poor, or are in prison, or are persecuted."

Is that what he meant?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 06:48
    @rajk999 said
    Exactly.
    3 Degrees
    16 Kids.
    Redneck Zack
    NoCondomThomas
    When we judge others, we err. Usually, the error is in refusing to listen once you think you have all the info you need to judge. If this is all you got from his rather long introductory post, then obviously, you stopped listening. Unfortunately, this is SOP for you, and that's why you never learn.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 06:551 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Dunno.. guess you can aak Him when you meet up. What I know is that He has a good laugh at uneducated people using big words they dont understand.
    Jesus, on the cross, said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

I don't think he laughs much at uneducated people. I will ask him to forgive you, though.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 07:18
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus didn’t teach anything about homosexuality, Paul did. But seeing as how you feel Paul’s teachings contradict Jesus then I guess it’s a safe bet to assume that homosexual acts are ok with .Jesus?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 07:18
    @suzianne said
    I will ask him to forgive you, though.
    Let us know what he says.
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 07:28
    @fmf said
    "A man's deeds determine who he is. Nothing else."

A line from Israeli TV drama 'Prisoners of War'.

OK. It need not be "a man's" deeds - "a person's" deeds is better - and the "nothing else" bit is a bit hyperbolic and simplistic, but the idea behind the assertion is worth exploring nevertheless. One's inner life and perceived-in-the-first-person narrative aside, does much else matter in terms of who a person is relative to others apart from "deeds"?
    I agree, it’s a worthy exploration.

Is it possible for a moral person to fall short of good deeds? If one considers the belief of many in the Christian community, the answer is, “yes”, hence the need for a savior figure such as Jesus... this may be an oversimplification...apologies in advance if it is.

On the other hand, is it possible for an immoral or amoral person to perform good deeds and still have their morality held in question?—think Oskar Schindler who used Jewish prisoners to further his own financial gain and yet saved many.

I don’t know.

One thing that I do know, the opening post mentioned nothing of either God or Jesus...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree