A joke: Humans thinking they know supernatural.

A joke: Humans thinking they know supernatural.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
19 Apr 14

I know supernatural, but for those who choose not to believe, they just won't. So what is your point? We know you don't believe, or at least so you say. But I find it interesting, that you sonhouse, would spend so much time arguing here on this spirituality forum, of what exists or doesn't.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
I know supernatural, but for those who choose not to believe, they just won't. So what is your point? We know you don't believe, or at least so you say. But I find it interesting, that you sonhouse, would spend so much time arguing here on this spirituality forum, of what exists or doesn't.
So why do theists post here, the same could be said for them. They believe. End of story. Right?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
You make allusions to justify a god being jealous but my solid position is and always will be that a god would be so far above us that there would be no such thing as a human attribute like jealousy. It just convinces me ever more deeply these attributes are just made up by men because that's what they think other men and women would agree a god might have such emotions.

Giving human attributes to a god just denigrates the god.
You have it backwards.

God loves us and gave us HIS attributes. We are made in HIS image.

P

Moves
19 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
So why do theists post here, the same could be said for them. They believe. End of story. Right?
I post here because i like talking about spirituality and everything that has to do with it.

You, of all people know where i stand. I do not know you physically, but i know you spiritually. As i told you before, when you get to heaven, my chess board will be waiting. 🙂 But i really doubt that you'll want to play. So much to see and do. Come to Elijah's mountain, you'll find me there too.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Apr 14

I post here because i like talking about spirituality and everything that has to do with it.

You, of all people know where i stand. I do not know you physically, but i know you spiritually. As i told you before, when you get to heaven, my chess board will be waiting. 🙂 But i really doubt that you'll want to play. So much to see and do. Come to Elijah's mountain, you'll find me there too.
Playing chess in heaven does seem like a stupid thing to want to do.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why?
No analysis board?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Why?
No analysis board?
Right.

P

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I wouldn't say it is stupid, after all chess is a lot of fun. But heaven is beyond your imagination. That is something i think the J W's loose out in with their limitations in faith. Why in the world would you want to inherit the earth after you die. New earth, yes, but it is still the same earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Apr 14

I wouldn't say it is stupid, after all chess is a lot of fun. But heaven is beyond your imagination. That is something i think the J W's loose out in with their limitations in faith. Why in the world would you want to inherit the earth after you die. New earth, yes, but it is still the same earth.
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

(MATTHEW 5:3-10 NKJV)

PERHAPS THEY WANT TO BE THE MEEK ONES.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Apr 14

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Apr 14

But heaven is beyond your imagination.
Presumably beyond your imagination also?
In which case it could be really crap (since you cannot even imagine what it is like)
So using your own logic - Nobody knows what heaven is like.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Apr 14

That is something i think the J W's loose out in with their limitations in faith. Why in the world would you want to inherit the earth after you die. New earth, yes, but it is still the same earth.
Taking this argument to its logical conclusion one would choose a religion with the most rewards. Heaven or New Earth? Angels or 72 virgins?

K

Moves
21 Apr 14

I don't know about 72 virgins. They mean nothing to me. I would rather have God and those saved by Him as my brothers and sisters. I could have women now, which include the carnal "you-know-what" with them, but it is all vain and treacherous. I don't need women for sensual things. And it is the same for women toward men.

I need God! And I need His salvation!
If there are no new virgins in heaven, so what? I need God!

Furthermore, Christ said that there is not marriage or the giving of marriage in the future for Christians. Who needs the carnal? I don't.

Isn't there more to "life" forever, than this hateful, empty world! I would rather have God and all the spiritual gifts that He provides.

King James Version
==============
Matthew 22: 28-30
Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

K

Moves
21 Apr 14

Sonhouse and All Others,
It is true that people who are saved by Christ will be so in combination with faith. According to the bible, it is by faith that God is pleased. That applies to all of us, which includes you too. Don't wait until you die, and stay dead, to try for eternal life. It will be too late then.

King James Version
================
Hebrews 11: 6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Romans 1: 16, 17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Apr 14

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
I don't know about 72 virgins. They mean nothing to me. ........
What is the best thing you are looking forward to in heaven?