A Brute Fact ?

A Brute Fact ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship
What's a "Brute Fact" ?

How is a " [b]Brute
Fact" different from a "Fact" ? [/b]
Was "absolute truth" not good enough for you?

You had to start this thread?
I look forward to how this thread might differ from the other.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"The most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas."

A good example of a fact that isn't a fact.
And "seriously" polluted water

Cape Town

Moves
25 Jun 16

So you do have a better explanation but you just don't like to be pushed around ?
Are you having difficulty reading? I did not say I have a better explanation. I stated quite clearly that I do not know how the universe came about. This doesn't make your explanation the correct one.

Just answer and shut me up.
No, I will nether answer your question as dictated, nor shut up. I don't play 'fill in the blanks' with loaded questions.
Try completing the sentence:
I, sonship, stopped beating my wife because _______.

And maybe you will finally realise that my rationality is superior to yours.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Jun 16

Always miles and miles of leeway for yourself.
More like he will never admit that he was wrong. That ego again.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Jun 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
Are you having difficulty reading? I did not say I have a better explanation. I stated quite clearly that I do not know how the universe came about. This doesn't make your explanation the correct one.

[b]Just answer and shut me up.

No, I will nether answer your question as dictated, nor shut up. I don't play 'fill in the blanks' with loaded ques ...[text shortened]... because _______.

And maybe you will finally realise that my rationality is superior to yours.[/b]

That ego again. Maybe my ego joke was warranted after all.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
26 Jun 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
More like he will never admit that he was wrong. That ego again.
Come sir, you have been wrong 212 times since returning to these forums and not once admitted it.

😏

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Come sir, you have been wrong 212 times since returning to these forums and not once admitted it.

😏
According to your subjective opinion or according to a universal standard of right and wrong?😏

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jun 16

That ego again. Maybe my ego joke was warranted after all.
Realising that I am more rational than you and sonship is not a case of a big ego. Its just plain obvious.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Jun 16

Realising that I am more rational than you and sonship is not a case of a big ego. Its just plain obvious.
More evidence of your ego. The evidence is piling up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 16

Aplumb.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 16
3 edits

I stated quite clearly that I do not know how the universe came about. This doesn't make your explanation the correct one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should know. It is important for a man to know. God created it.
False humility doesn't impress me at all.

No, I will nether answer your question as dictated, nor shut up. I don't play 'fill in the blanks' with loaded questions.
Try completing the sentence:
I, sonship, stopped beating my wife because _______.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The analogy of the wife beating question is not a parallel.
And if I want to be like you, I would add "And you know it."

I am not leading you to make a false admition concerning personal conduct.

I am inviting you to give an answer to an age old problem, when the one the Christian offers, you, with great aplumb always portray as so obviously erroneous.

The Theist's explanations, to you, is so patently, and clearly, erroneous.
But it is not.

If you wish to done on a flimsy facade of humility now - "Oh, I don't know." Then you really don't know that it is so obviously beneath man's reasoning that God is the Creator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More and more aplumb and empty poise does nothing for your case.

confidence and skill shown especially in a difficult situation
: complete and confident composure or self-assurance : poise

What you need to realize is that where we came from is a vital fact for humans of every kind to grasp. Your elite class of philosophical or scientific experts are not alone allowed to answer. It is arrogance that you think you're above anyone a commoner in this important knowledge. There are facts that belongs to people of all levels of intellectual skill.

You may think that only three or four people in human history are qualified to give us the best answer to where we came from ? All men and women, all boys and girls may have this knowledge - the universe is here because of the power of God a Creator.

Best answer.
The best answer 4000 years ago.
The best answer today.
The best answer 4000 years from now, if knowledge should increase manyfold.

This understanding It is like the air that we all are entitled to breath.
It is like the water that we are all entitled to drink.
God has made in quite knowable to mankind as the best explanation.

And your imagined elitism, whether scientific or philosophical, does not secure for you special status which all us commoners cannot attain.

I did not say I have a better explanation. I stated quite clearly that I do not know how the universe came about. This doesn't make your explanation the correct one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Either God created it or God did not.

"God did not and I don't know" as you use it is not strong rational position.
There are good reason to think we are on the right track to think God is responsible for the existence of the universe and its life.

"I know God didn't create it and I can't answer how it came" to me only shows you wanting to cling to your elite status of some imagined mental superiority. The evidence is that you would not accept "God is the Creator" from someone smarter or some one dumber or anyone at all , period.

If I said an uncreated and eternal God is the explanation of its existence, you'd reject it because you think you're smarter than me. If I said Einstein (a Deist) or Newton said the same, you wouldn't trust their minds either.

You better keep bringing up minute and minor points to argue over. Maybe you can give some an appearance of vindicating your elitism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Jun 16
3 edits

Let me know where I came from - God's creation, and you can have your ignorance of that fact and all the Phd. degrees you want. I'll take the truth. You can HAVE all the higher IQ scores over me you like.

Twhitehead, do you have a life long chip on your shoulder because of your family ?
I wonder sometimes. You know, all your brothers with higher degrees ?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jun 16

Let me know where I came from - God's creation, and you can have your ignorance of that fact and all the Phd. degrees you want. I'll take the truth.
Except it isn't the truth and you know it. If you thought it was the truth you wouldn't feel compelled to lie to support it.

You can HAVE all the higher IQ scores over me you like.
I have never compared IQ scores with you. I do however think I am more logical than you when it comes to what I say on this forum - and most definitely when it comes to this thread.

Twhitehead, do you have a life long chip on your shoulder because of your family ?
No.

I wonder sometimes. You know, all your brothers with higher degrees ?
Huh? What gave you the idea I had brothers with higher degrees? You are either mistaking me with someone else, or hallucinating again.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
26 Jun 16
1 edit

Except it isn't the truth and you know it. If you thought it was the truth you wouldn't feel compelled to lie to support it.

[b]You can HAVE all the higher IQ scores over me you like.

I have never compared IQ scores with you. I do however think I am more logical than you when it comes to what I say on this forum - and most definitely when it come ...[text shortened]... hers with higher degrees? You are either mistaking me with someone else, or hallucinating again.[/b]
I do however think I am more logical than you when it comes to what I say on this forum

What you think doesn't really matter. There is evidence to suggest otherwise. That is what matters.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jun 16

What you think doesn't really matter. There is evidence to suggest otherwise. That is what matters.
Then present your evidence. So far, all you have done is made silly jokes, then merely repeated the claim over and over like you think that makes it true. Sorry, but that lack of logic actually supports my case.