@sonship: The trinity doctrine and salvation

@sonship: The trinity doctrine and salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I asked you about your concept of "salvation". As for what I am talking about, it's this: is the way you conduct yourself on this forum - and the way you are interacting with me right now on this thread in response to my query about your beliefs regarding "salvation" - is it all part of your ministry as a follower of Christ?
My concept of salvation is to live forever on a paradise earth and ultimately to be saved from the ravages of sin and death and what a beautiful thing it is too. What is your concept of salvation?

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What is your concept of salvation?
"Salvation" in the supernatural sense? Well, the only supernatural "concepts of salvation" that I am aware of are those that religious people believe in and I don't subscribe to any of them.

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

My concept of salvation is to live forever on a paradise earth and ultimately to be saved from the ravages of sin and death...
And according to what criteria do you believe you will be subject to "judgement" in order to secure this "salvation"?

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

What a cheap gimmick to attempt to make the debate personal with references to irrelevancies concerning the main topic.
Do you not see your "salvation" as something "personal" ~ a "personal" experience that your life is spent working towards - and is not your "personal:" testimony about your beliefs something valuable ~ and "personal" ~ that you can share, or don't you see it that way?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Pertaining to Jesus, the two of us can understand the term 'son' to mean a different thing, it could mean something different in the bible.

To you, does Jesus = God?
God is greater than, or the head of Jesus... as clearly stated by Jesus himself and by Paul.
Therefore, Jesus is not equal to God. .. Nowhere does the Bible say that.

rc

Moves
24 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
And according to what criteria do you believe you will be subject to "judgement" in order to secure this "salvation"?
That's easy to answer.

“When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me. Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Matthew 25 - New world translation of the Holy Scriptures.

rc

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Do you not see your "salvation" as something "personal" ~ a "personal" experience that your life is spent working towards - and is not your "personal:" testimony about your beliefs something valuable ~ and "personal" ~ that you can share, or don't you see it that way?
No its not central in a way that its central to other Christians like divegeester. The paramount issue in my religious perspective is the vindication and sanctification of Gods name and what it stands for. This for us is the great universal issue, not our own personal salvation.

l

Moves
24 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
God is greater than, or the head of Jesus... as clearly stated by Jesus himself and by Paul.
Therefore, Jesus is not equal to God. .. Nowhere does the Bible say that.
John 1:1?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16

John 1:1?
If you want me to talk to you, you need to talk back, speak clearly so that I can understand your meaning. Saying John 1:1 without explaining your understanding of that verse is an insult to me .. so .. so long.

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

If you want me to talk to you, you need to talk back, speak clearly so that I can understand your meaning. Saying John 1:1 without explaining your understanding of that verse is an insult to me .. so .. so long.
John 1 is self evident. I suppose you do need to close your eyes and cover your ears when it comes to John 1.

l

Moves
24 Dec 16

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 KJV
http://bible.com/1/jhn.1.1.KJV

Jesus is the Word. Do we agree? If so, how would you say Jesus is not God.

If you don't belive Jesus is the Word, thus not God, ok.

No insult intended if that is how you received my question, I thought you would have known what I meannt.

Do you believe Jesus is the Word?

c

Moves
24 Dec 16

Does anyone have a valid idea why God and, or Jesus went completely out of their way to play a 007 game with the true identity of Jesus?

This would seem a very crucial piece of information for everyone to know and agree upon. Yet, all we have are vague verses, left to debating interpretation.

Not sure why God would do this. Or why man would do this.

Jesus never 'clearly' said that He was God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 16
1 edit

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 KJV
http://bible.com/1/jhn.1.1.KJV

Jesus is the Word. Do we agree? If so, how would you say Jesus is not God.

If you don't belive Jesus is the Word, thus not God, ok.

No insult intended if that is how you received my question, I thought you would have known what I meannt.

Do you believe Jesus is the Word?
Jesus is the Word. He was God and with God, according to John 1:1 KJV translation. So clearly there are two entities here. Nothing here about being EQUAL TO God. However there are other references which say that God is GREATER OR THE HEAD OF Christ.

It is these kinds of verses in John 1:1 that require one to revert to the Septuagint. Strongs concordance is a great help here. Check the word used for God in John 1:1. It is the same Greek word used here in John 10

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Does this mean that Jesus is saying that Jews / Pharasees are equal to God? No.

TO say that Christ is Divine or has divine qualities is correct.
TO claim that Christ = God His Father is completely false.

E

Moves
24 Dec 16

I guess all mentioning of God does not mean God the father.

F

Moves
24 Dec 16

The paramount issue in my religious perspective is the vindication and sanctification of Gods name and what it stands for. This for us is the great universal issue, not our own personal salvation.
So you believe your ministry as a Christian - as demonstrated by how you behave and the things you say on this Spirituality Forum - pertains to "great universal issues" and is about "the vindication and sanctification of Gods name and what it stands for" and is not about "personal" issues and priorities you have?