@sonship: The trinity doctrine and salvation

@sonship: The trinity doctrine and salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. Although I think this is a very simplistic and narrow view which does not do God the justice for who he is and deserves, it is nonetheless easy for us to understand if understood in these terms.

H2O is one thing which can be in three different forms all with their own respective properties.
I can remember asking you already that if you believe that all three are equal, then that conflicts with clear statements in the Bible that they are not. Do you have a comment on that?

E

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I can remember asking you already that if you believe that all three are equal, then that conflicts with clear statements in the Bible that they are not. Do you have a comment on that?
That now we see through a dark glass? God is beyond our understanding?

I thought that wasa given.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
That now we see through a dark glass? God is beyond our understanding?

I thought that wasa given.
Is it possible for you to be more clear in your writing?
Yes, God is beyond our understanding. But Trinitarians seem to think they fully understand everything.
Are you in agreement with the Trinity view that all 3 are equal?

E

Moves
23 Dec 16

I am saying all three are God.

Is the eye equal to the nose?

l

Moves
23 Dec 16

I answered that in my last post (the one you quoted), go back and reread my last sentence. There you will find the answer to your question.

l

Moves
23 Dec 16

Yes, God is beyond our understanding. But Trinitarians seem to think they fully understand everything.
But Trinitarians seem to think they fully understand everything.

Do non-trinitarians such as yourself feel you fully understand everything? With regards to this topic?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
But Trinitarians seem to think they fully understand everything.

Do non-trinitarians such as yourself feel you fully understand everything? With regards to this topic?
I certainly dont understand everything about God. Did I give you that impression?

One the contrary Trinitarians liken God to water, ice etc in an attempt to further explain what the Bible does not clearlyh say .. hence they think they know more than the Bible.

I dont liken God or Christ to any such thing. God is the Father, Christ is the son. end of story.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So if Jesus is divine and the Holy Spirit is divine, and you believe in one God, why do you reject the trinity?

If water is one entity and can take the form of a solid a liquid and a gas, why can't the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit all make up one God?
To use your analogy, ice, water vapour and liquid water are all the same molecules. There is one compound, H20, not three.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
[b]Sonship you play up the trinity in this forum and I have a question for you on it which you have been dodging for months.

I consider this a lie.
What you mean is that my past replies to this repeated question has not met your requirement to receive a binary YES or NO.

Since I will not allow you to corner me into a binary YES or NO answer, you ...[text shortened]... then you're not saved."

Some here cannot progress any further even after years of dialogue.[/b]
You once indicated that FMF, because of his posting in here and attitude in general, was possibly responsible for the loss of countless souls (or words to that effect).

Because of you not insisting that a person believe in the trinity doctrine as a requisit for salvation, then I shall disregard your plethora of trinitarian pitches as an anomaly in your thinking.

If your prevarication and obfuscation in answering this question causes me to lose my salvation - then it is similarly on your head, same as you said to FMF.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
1) There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:5).

2) The Trinity consists of three Persons (Genesis 1:1, 26; 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7 and Isaiah 6:8, the plural pronoun fo ...[text shortened]... xamples of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

https://gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html
You are free to believe that there are three people in your version of God. I don't believe it precludes you from salvation, or anything cultish like that.

c

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by divegeester
To use your analogy, ice, water vapour and liquid water are all the same molecules. There is one compound, H20, not three.
If you had a glass of water in your kitchen, that 'same' water cannot also be ice in the living room, and also steam in the garage. While water can be 3 things, the same body of water cannot be 3 things at the same time, and in different locations.

I disagree with this analogy.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
If you had a glass of water in your kitchen, that 'same' water cannot also be ice in the living room, and also steam in the garage. While water can be 3 things, the same body of water cannot be 3 things at the same time, and in different locations.

I disagree with this analogy.
It's just an analogy, and it's not mine either. You realise that an analogy is not a perfect explaination don't you?

c

Moves
23 Dec 16

It's just an analogy, and it's not mine either. You realise that an analogy is not a perfect explaination don't you?
Yes, I realize that. Analogies would probably never work regarding a human attempt to explain the Trinity.

Even though a person can be a brother, a son, and a father, this is still one person....and cannot be 3 people in different locations at the same time. This analogy has been used as well, not saying by you.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
Yes, I realize that. Analogies would probably never work regarding a human attempt to explain the Trinity.

Even though a person can be a brother, a son, and a father, this is still one person....and cannot be 3 people in different locations at the same time. This analogy has been used as well, not saying by you.
I'm more interested in the notion that accepting the trinity teaching is a requirement for salvation. Sonship is refusing to be unequivocal on this; I suspect it is because he does believe it but doesn't want to have o defend it.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 16

I'm more interested in the notion that accepting the trinity teaching is a requirement for salvation. Sonship is refusing to be unequivocal on this; I suspect it is because he does believe it but doesn't want to have o defend it.
I am more interested in what your perception of salvation is, what you are being saved from and how you are going to be saved. Are you in a saved state at present? Questions like these because you keep talking about salvation and its not entirely clear what you mean.