:)

:)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JJ

Moves
26 Sep 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Are you able to summarize what you believe to be 'the message'?
Surely the message is to love and be loved,righteousness and all things good...i have not seen anything to suggest otherwise!

Cape Town

Moves
26 Sep 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Surely the message is to love and be loved,righteousness and all things good...i have not seen anything to suggest otherwise!
You obviously have a very warped idea of what love is or you haven't read the Bible.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
26 Sep 07

Are you able to summarize what you believe to be 'the message'?
do unto others...

Cape Town

Moves
26 Sep 07

Originally posted by duecer
do unto others...
You too, have not read the Bible.

JJ

Moves
26 Sep 07
1 edit

You obviously have a very warped idea of what love is or you haven't read the Bible.
The message is there... love is a wonderful essence...that surely is not warped!

Tell me ... can you summarize?

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
28 Sep 07

You too, have not read the Bible.
rrrrrrrnt*buzzer sound* wrong, the under lying theme is to do unto others. Historical references to war aside, much of the old testamnet covers this, and virtually all of Christ;s ministry on earth was about this

R

Moves
28 Sep 07

To return to the original poster:
I reject god on the view of the world. I see so many wars in His name and I see so many people who suffer in this world, who do or do not praise him while suffering this. I have serious problems with god's ethics: how can he make people suffer just to test their believes in him? How can god punish you FOR EVER AND EVER just for not saying Thank You every day?? Like serigado said, that sounds like a HUGE ego, but also it is terribly unjust in my opinion.
I have to ask you personally aswell: are you ok if you hear/see/know that people are dying in your name? And whilst you have the powers to save them all, you just shrug? He allows every war, it never crosses a line for him, never it's the last drop. Cheers dude,, believe in your god that allows all this, I don't WANT to believe in a god that cruel!

Apart from that, there's just not enough prove to suggest that he excists. Gods were created long before Jesus cause people can't answer some questions. Even now we don't know everything, but we learn day by day. The evolution theory was a great product of this.

And to answer someone's post of (parafrased): 'we go the other way around: let's prove god doesn't excist for once instead of theists proving god does'... --> Please prove in your next post that there isn't a pink elephant behind you, that is undiscovered yet by mankind, and that is soo enormously fast that every time you look over your shoulder it runs out of sight before you've turned. My point being: you can't just propose a theory and then sit back and watch people attack it, you have to provide arguments why your theory might be plausible.