1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Oct '23 11:09
    @medullah said
    One extra though on clan matches.

Instead of winner takes all, is it easy/desireable to change things so that you keep the points that you actually win?
    Actually that is reflecetd in "Net" and "gross" point lists (you can aorder according to each to see where you are
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    13 Oct '23 22:54
    @Ponderable

If you are in a 5 match game and you lose 3-2, then you don't get 4 points, you get 0
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Oct '23 08:56
    @medullah said
    @Ponderable

If you are in a 5 match game and you lose 3-2, then you don't get 4 points, you get 0
    OK, understood the intention wrongly...
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    16 Oct '23 19:58
    @Ponderable
    👍

I thought that you had 😉
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Oct '23 13:44
    @medullah said
    One extra though on clan matches.

Instead of winner takes all, is it easy/desireable to change things so that you keep the points that you actually win?
    All this has been debated in the past Pete, and some alterations to the points system(among other things) made.
    As I have said before, whatever system is adopted ,players will find loopholes to exploit.
    I have thought in the past that adopting the system used by FIDE including 1/2 a point each for a draw might help but my instinct says just accept the system as it is and leave the admins to weed out any obvious cheating
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Nov '23 11:274 edits
    Shockingly, this thread was created nearly a year ago. My estimation skills are clearly as sharp as ever. Huge codebases take a long time to rewrite/refactor - who knew!? 😳

A few screen shots have just been uploaded to socials - although it still hasn't really reached the "prettying it up" stage quite yet, but a similar theme will remain.

Twitter thread of Work In Progress screengrabs

Once complete a blog post here will document the key differences with final images...so the above are just work in progress.

One little addition mentioned in the Twitter thread above - "traffic light" colors system for browsing game results has been very frequently requested. It has now been added.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Dec '23 12:10
    Buddies and Blocked players will all be managed from the player directory.

Twitter thread of Work In Progress screengrabs
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Feb '24 16:04
    A small update - I'm just working on reimplementing dark mode. Internal testing to start next week.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 17:18
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Feb '24 22:49
    @russ said
    A small update - I'm just working on reimplementing dark mode. Internal testing to start next week.
    Excellent. I’m using DM all the time now, but a refresh would be beneficial 👍🏼
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '24 15:38
    @divegeester said
    Excellent. I’m using DM all the time now, but a refresh would be beneficial 👍🏼
    The new Dark Mode will take a bit of refinement still, but it is in place again at least.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 13:39
    @russ said
    The new Dark Mode will take a bit of refinement still, but it is in place again at least.
    Is dark mode available on iPhone?
    I can’t see the icon.
    Thanks
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '24 15:011 edit
    @divegeester

On the web site (on mobile), open the main menu (click avatar), and it will be at the bottom of the menu alongside Log Out.

On the new build it is there all the time, as the menu bar no longer exists as it does now.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '24 09:11
    @russ said
    @divegeester

On the web site (on mobile), open the main menu (click avatar), and it will be at the bottom of the menu alongside Log Out.
    Ah of course 🙄

Thank you.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Mar '24 23:302 edits
    [nevermind]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree