Subscription consultation - quarterly subscriptions

Subscription consultation - quarterly subscriptions

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
21 Oct 10

I sometimes get bored of playing, so for me it would be a waste.

A

Moves
21 Oct 10

How about lowering the yearly fee to 29 bucks. I'd sign up.

B

Moves
22 Oct 10

I would consider a one time fee for life, similar to what sirius xm offers as an option.

TKA

New York

Moves
22 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
I'd like to see a reduced subscription aimed at the more casual chess player - ie: people that don't want to play 100's of consecutive games, play in the Clan leagues, Sieges, etc...

Something with the usual forum benefits (avatar, recommendations, aleerting posts, etc...), a slightly higher game limit (maybe 15 - 20) and the option to join or start 1 Clan.
I agree with Daemon Sin... I'd like some added features, but I'm not paying the full amount when I'm only casually playing. For a one-time "advanced user registration fee" of $9.99 I'd like 1 clan and avatar, custom tournanents, etc, and would still expect ads to be shown.

And, RHP, dude, where is the Android app????? Add a paid App Store app too for a one-time payment to give me some of the features I listed above such as avatar, clan, and limited tournament ability.

i

Moves
22 Oct 10

I paid subs about 5 years ago - but let it lapse as I got too busy....
A few weeksa go i remembered the site and decided to come back - I was dissapointed to see that it was pay for a year, or nothing....I wanted a quarterly (or even half year) option, to find my feet a little. What i wanted was to pay for a little while, see if I was going to prperly get back into it, to then pay for a year later if that was the case...

all up for having a quarterly or 6 monthly option....

f

Moves
22 Oct 10

I'm happy of playing on your site.
I hope I can play so for long time.
I'm not a subscriber because my few time don't let me play more.
Thank's

Moves
22 Oct 10

Originally posted by Russ
We are considering introducing a quarterly subscription option. If you are not a subscriber, we would appreciate your feedback on this.

- I am happy with my current ad supported free membership.

- I would be interested in a quarterly membership, even if the total annual cost was slightly more.

- If I choose to subscribe, I would opt for the current annual subscription option

[vid]23[/vid]
Having lived through one identity theft incident, I vowed never to purchase anything over the Internet again. If I could mail in a money order for membership, it would be an improvement.

l

Moves
22 Oct 10

This is a great site and very useful for me. I've improved my chess since I play here. I am happy as I am now, with no suscription. Maybe in the future I would consider suscribing. Thank you.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
22 Oct 10
2 edits

Originally posted by The King AdRook
And, RHP, dude, where is the Android app?????
Thread 133941

SS

Moves
23 Oct 10

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Oct 10

Originally posted by paul okeefe
Having lived through one identity theft incident, I vowed never to purchase anything over the Internet again. If I could mail in a money order for membership, it would be an improvement.
You can!

http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subsnocard.php

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Oct 10

Originally posted by arashpt
I agree with gaborbarla for price. there are some free chess website and I think current price is too high for subscribe services.
Why? Its like £26 for a whole year. That is only £0.50 per week or 7p per day.

How much did you pay for your last chocolate bar, can of juice? 50p or so. Would you really consider the can of fizzy flavoured water to be worth more that a weeks subscription?

s

Moves
24 Oct 10

will consider subscribing when site available on mobile

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
24 Oct 10

Originally posted by adramforall
Its like £26 for a whole year.
It depends on when you signed up. Most of the older subscribers that signed up before the price rise are still on the $29.95 or $19.95 per year rates.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
24 Oct 10

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
It depends on when you signed up. Most of the older subscribers that signed up before the price rise are still on the $29.95 or $19.95 per year rates.
I know, its one of the benefits of remaining a member, I think I only get charged around £14. However current rates for new subs are still only £26 which is probably less than you would pay for a takeaway and DVD hire for the night.