Purging zero activity players

Purging zero activity players

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb
To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

I wonder how many of these there are? Must be lots.
This has happened before, and it will happen again. But, in reality, the only way we can really save significant database resources is by purging game histories, and I don't think anyone wants that.

-Russ

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by Russ
This has happened before, and it will happen again. But, in reality, the only way we can really save significant database resources is by purging game histories, and I don't think anyone wants that.

-Russ
There could be an argument for purging fools mates, etc... what about timeouts after fewer than 15 moves?

Some analysis of what would be lost could then be followed by a community vote?

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
06 Jun 07

Purge all seductive profile pictures. 'Tis a major distraction and takes up too much space.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
06 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb
There could be an argument for purging fools mates, etc... what about timeouts after fewer than 15 moves?

Some analysis of what would be lost could then be followed by a community vote?
YES, purge Fool's Mate. I have lost many games because of this heinous combination of moves.

SS

Moves
06 Jun 07

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
07 Jun 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yes i know that. and it does nothing but humiliate me every time. It's like a dirty trick kind of move. And to be politically correct it should at least be called The brain dead mate.

SS

Moves
07 Jun 07