Purging zero activity players

Purging zero activity players

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Jun 07

To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

I wonder how many of these there are? Must be lots.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb
To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

Dear God, rhp! i agree with whatever you say sweetcheeks!

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jun 07

Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of time). I'd allow up to 5 or 10 years for the "leave of absence." Plausible reasons: International travel for missionary work, completing a doctoral dissertation, doing a medical residency . . things like that. It's not that someone cannot find a few minutes to send an email, but rather, that they need to go "cold turkey" away from RHP to keep from being tempted to "enter just one or two matches," and then ending up with only three or four, but five isn't so bad, then finding that they actually have 50 games going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jun 07

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jun 07

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by coquette
Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of ...[text shortened]... going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂
You can't remove/purge a player if they played a game. That would mess up game archives, graphs, etc.

You can purge players who have not moved in a game or posted in the forum.

P-

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by coquette
Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of ...[text shortened]... going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂
What was the question?
I don'i care!
I'm with you Cokie!
You actually have 100 games in progress? You go girl!
Ever try Fly fishing?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You can't remove/purge a player if they played a game. That would mess up game archives, graphs, etc.

You can purge players who have not moved in a game or posted in the forum.

P-
oh yeah, thanks.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
01 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb

Wodge????
Are you sure you don't mean wedgy???

SS

Moves
02 Jun 07

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
02 Jun 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yes! I'm only trying to learn from the best

Do you think rhp is really a transexual?

M

Moves
03 Jun 07

Pity about the last 3 morons - let's get back to the topic.

Maybe we could have automatic timeouts applied to all those who haven't requested a legitimate absence, say after 365 days. The vacation-booking could have an option to notify such legitimate absence.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
03 Jun 07

Originally posted by smw6869
Wodge????
Are you sure you don't mean wedgy???
Keep taking those Meds, then come back when you have something constructive to add.

SS

Moves
03 Jun 07

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
04 Jun 07

Originally posted by rhb
Keep taking those Meds, then come back when you have something constructive to add.
Gracious sakes alive! with a wodge like that how can one think of anything constructive! How did you know about the meds?