1. Joined
    16 Apr '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '22 18:57
    Does anyone know the computer's AI rating on this site when the AI is set to 0? When I have a free moment, I click on "Play Computer" at the bottom of the page to play a quick game. The AI seems pretty strong at 0.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Dec '22 16:45
    @jakal said
    Does anyone know the computer's AI rating on this site when the AI is set to 0? When I have a free moment, I click on "Play Computer" at the bottom of the page to play a quick game. The AI seems pretty strong at 0.
    I played about 20 games against it before I managed to win one. This included 2-3 games where I was up a piece and screwed up.

You have to discipline yourself not to move fast, like it does. It's actually very irritating to be thoroughly outplayed by an opponent that never takes more than one second to move.
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    10 Jan '23 12:16
    “ You have to discipline yourself not to move fast, like it does. It's actually very irritating to be thoroughly outplayed by an opponent that never takes more than one second to move.”

Something I experienced in a tournament I played in recently.
    But it wasn’t a computer that took about a second to make their moves, it was a nine-year old. I’d barely pressed the clock before he’d already replied.
    I’m hoping that in ten years time the little fella is a Grandmaster, then I won’t feel quite so bad about being so comprehensively outplayed… particularly as my opponent seemed more interested in the game being played next to us, rather than our own game.
    Seems a long time to wait though…
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Jan '23 14:51
    @bigdogg said
    I played about 20 games against it before I managed to win one. This included 2-3 games where I was up a piece and screwed up.

You have to discipline yourself not to move fast, like it does. It's actually very irritating to be thoroughly outplayed by an opponent that never takes more than one second to move.
    Correct.
    That's why the hustlers in central park NY are so successful

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree