Non-subscribers don't know what they're missing

Non-subscribers don't know what they're missing

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Oz

Moves
18 Jun 05

As a non-sub, all i have to say is that the systems fine the way it is, Rave and MrX are on the money. People who want to subscribe will do so, no need to hand out freebies to people who are unlikely to subscribe (i.e. me).

KS

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by Spacemonkey7
As a non-sub, all i have to say is that the systems fine the way it is, Rave and MrX are on the money. People who want to subscribe will do so, no need to hand out freebies to people who are unlikely to subscribe (i.e. me).
You only prove my point, that nonsubs don't know what they're missing. What's unlikely is you turning down a free trial.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
18 Jun 05

Originally posted by King Scotty
You only prove my point, that nonsubs don't know what they're missing. What's unlikely is you turning down a free trial.
What a load of rubbish. You make it sound like the grass is sooooo much greener on the other side of the Subscription fence.

The purpose of this site is to allow people to play chess.

Subscribing allows people to play more games and to represent themselves (tuornaments/sieges) or a virtual team (clans) in exaclty the same game - chess.

Other than this Subscribing allows you to 'rec' and 'alert' other users posts, and to load upto two pictures to the site (profile pic and avatar)

Imagine playing twice the number of games you are now - yes that's it, you are clicking on 'Move' twice as often! Now imagine clicking 'rec' below this post 'cos it rings true. Imagine being able to upload a Maple Leaf as your Avatar.

If all that appeals to you then pay up and subscribe. If not, quit whining.

S

Oz

Moves
18 Jun 05

I'd love a free trial, doesn't mean i'd subscribe though, and that's the point really. I don't have the time for more than 6 games (that's just me), more importantly though, quoting Ravello,

'It would lead non subscribers to create hordes of multiple accounts to join tournaments'.

Until that point can be addressed, there's no point persisting Scotty, as the leechers would kill the site and ruin it for everyone else.

t

Moves
30 Jun 05

is it safe to give the credit card number?? becouse my freind lost all is money for paying like this stuff...

Data Warehouser

Back in the UK!

Moves
30 Jun 05

Originally posted by twiti
is it safe to give the credit card number?? becouse my freind lost all is money for paying like this stuff...
Yes, its safe.

But if you are very worried, ask Russ to take payment a different way.

I've known people pay by Personal Cheque, and have myself paid through PayPal just today.

KS

Moves
30 Jun 05

Originally posted by rhb
You make it sound like the grass is sooooo much greener on the other side of the Subscription fence. Now imagine clicking 'rec' below this post 'cos it rings true.
If all that appeals to you then pay up and subscribe. If not, quit whining.
[/b]
Are you saying that the grass isn't greener unless you get a rec? You paid for this site idea, so you quit whining.

m

Moves
30 Jun 05

i think that non-subscribers should be able to post pictures of themselves and join clans.....its stupid!

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
01 Jul 05
1 edit

Are you saying that the grass isn't greener unless you get a rec? You paid for this site idea, so you quit whining.
YOU must quit whining.
Fork the cash otherwise stop whining and be happy with your six games.

KS

Moves
01 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Ravello
YOU must quit whining.
Fork the cash otherwise stop whining and be happy with your six games.
A site idea is not whining, otherwise you would have to change the name of this forum. Maybe this forum should be called "Thinking Outside the Box". Positive people are able to do this and make good ideas into reality. Negative (dysfunctional) people are argumentative and afraid of change!!! P.S. Rav, your personal sub money pays for me to tell you to "GO AWAY". 😀

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
01 Jul 05

H
A Lost Bobby

London

Moves
01 Jul 05

The idea is without merit. What would be the reason for subscibing. The debate is pointless in any case, because I'm pretty sure Russ aint stupid. Hell, I may be stupid in comparison to Russ (a genius compared to the muppet that suggested this idea), and I wouldn't do it if I was running the site.

Whinge and whine all you like, it aint gonna happen, get over it.

m

Moves
01 Jul 05

well on this i wish i could join a tournament........but being a non-subscriber i cant! man im not paying anyway......its stupid to pay for online chess.

KS

Moves
01 Jul 05
1 edit

KS

Moves
01 Jul 05

Originally posted by Hegemon
What would be the reason for subscibing. Hell, I may be stupid