Non-subscribers don't know what they're missing

Non-subscribers don't know what they're missing

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

If I had all the site features for 30 days, it may be more of a motivation to subscribe. Maybe if the forums were taken away at the same time, I would already be a subscriber???

CS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by King Scotty
If I had all the site features for 30 days, it may be more of a motivation to subscribe. Maybe if the forums were taken away at the same time, I would already be a subscriber???
http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subs.php

You can get a monthly subscription for $5. I can find that much money under the cushions of my couch.

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Originally posted by Chess Slayer
http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subs.php

You can get a monthly subscription for $5. I can find that much money under the cushions of my couch.
The cost isn't the point, but thanks anyway.

CS

Moves
12 Jun 05
2 edits

The cost isn't the point, but thanks anyway.
Of course it's not the point but I don't think Russ is just going to hand out free subscriber trials to all the non-subscribers.

I think the point of the monthly subscription is to try to convince skeptical people to subscribe for a year.

KS

Moves
12 Jun 05

Of course it's not the point but I don't think Russ is just going to hand out free subscriber trials to all the non-subscribers.

I think the point of the monthly subscription is to try to convince skeptical people to subscribe for a year.
You're absolutely right, however I wonder if RHP has tried anything different? I would be more apt to pay for something I miss.

P

Moves
12 Jun 05

You're absolutely right, however I wonder if RHP has tried anything different? I would be more apt to pay for something I miss.
how about the unlimited number of concurrent games you can have? or be part of a Clan, playing in tournaments? well.. what sold it to me is the great design and many many features.. supporting this site was the intention.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Jun 05

And what happens to the hundred games you start at the end of 30 days? What about the clan you joined? What about the tournaments (especially if you qualify for the next round)?

KS

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
And what happens to the hundred games you start at the end of 30 days? What about the clan you joined? What about the tournaments (especially if you qualify for the next round)?
Good questions! Maybe the games should be capped at 20, 1 day/no timebank. I don't know anything about clans, but how do you deal with clans starting and folding, what's the purpose of a clan anyway? Maybe the 20 games you start with is a mini tournament?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Jun 05

Good questions! Maybe the games should be capped at 20, 1 day/no timebank. I don't know anything about clans, but how do you deal with clans starting and folding, what's the purpose of a clan anyway? Maybe the 20 games you start with is a mini tournament?
Still wouldn't work. For one not everyone wants to play 1/0 (I certainly don't).

Just stop trying to get something for nothing and subscribe if you want unlimited games, tournaments, clans and sieges.

KS

Moves
13 Jun 05

Still wouldn't work. For one not everyone wants to play 1/0 (I certainly don't).

Just stop trying to get something for nothing and subscribe if you want unlimited games, tournaments, clans and sieges.
If it wouldn't work, how would I be able to subscribe for a month? I'm not trying to get something for nothing, I simply think that maybe there is a better recruiting method. To go a step further, possibly it's too easy for non-subscribers to be content in not subscribing, which makes the workload show little return(ouch...it hurt to write that).

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Jun 05

If it wouldn't work, how would I be able to subscribe for a month? I'm not trying to get something for nothing, I simply think that maybe there is a better recruiting method. To go a step further, possibly it's too easy for non-subscribers to be content in not subscribing, which makes the workload show little return(ouch...it hurt to write that).
If you want to subscribe either use a credit card or send feedback to Russ, just like the subscription page says.
And for the record you are trying to get something for nothing.

R
Out of drinks

On Clique Beach

Moves
13 Jun 05

... I can find that much money under the cushions of my couch.
I never find money under my couch cushions. But I do find pens, pencils, remote controls, potato chips, grapes, etc.

You clearly have the superior couch!

KS

Moves
13 Jun 05

And for the record you are trying to get something for nothing.[/b]
The point is I already have something for nothing.

CS

Moves
13 Jun 05

Originally posted by RookRAK
I never find money under my couch cushions. But I do find pens, pencils, remote controls, potato chips, grapes, etc.

You clearly have the superior couch!
Of course I do because that's where it all goes after I steal it from people who I invite to my house.

I got a small fortune under there.

😛

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
13 Jun 05

The point is I already have something for nothing.
Whether you have something for nothing right now is irrelevant.

You currently have what anyone with a web connection can have for nothing.

What you appear to be asking for here is access to what others 'subscribe' to without paying an equal subscription fee to the subscribers.