Ignore list

Ignore list

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
23 May 11

Does the ignore list keep people from messaging in the game messages?

If not, I think that may be a good idea.

If I am in a tournament and a person on my ignore list is in the same tournament, when we play each other he/she could "trash talk" in our game.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 May 11

Originally posted by MadKnight

If I am in a tournament and a person on my ignore list is in the same tournament, when we play each other he/she could "trash talk" in our game.
All message are ignored, expect the last one if the person sends one with their winning/resignation move.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
23 May 11

Originally posted by adramforall
All message are ignored, expect the last one if the person sends one with their winning/resignation move.
It's good to know one can send a GG message and not take heat for it. 🙂

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
23 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by MadKnight

This in-game chat is very topical as Mr Chess Praxis will testify to here 😛
Where in game it says say, 'RevRSleeker says blah blah blah,' just hover over that text area and you'll see the browser spots that there is indeed something to click.. click on it and the text disappears...you won't be bothered for the whole of that game....but seriously, is not a polite note in reply better suited ? Ignoring can often just antagonise but I guess I've just been lucky with whomever I've had the absolute delight to chat to here 😀
Adram will no doubt remember there have been previous points raised about an 'ignore list being applicable to games and forum chat,' it's unworkable as far as I recall...

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
This in-game chat is very topical as Mr Chess Praxis will testify to here 😛
Where in game it says say, 'RevRSleeker says blah blah blah,' just hover over that text area and you'll see the browser spots that there is indeed something to click.. click on it and the text disappears...you won't be bothered for the whole of that game....but seriously, is n e list being applicable to games and forum chat,' it's unworkable as far as I recall...
No it works for all games, just not for the forums unless you use the GB Away script. 🙂

If a person is ignoring you, you get the message "This person is ignoring you" when you try to message them, whether in game or via PM.

However, a quirk in the system, means that the last message of a game is vieweable by the recipient, hence the comment from Master Praxis.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 May 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
It's good to know one can send a GG message and not take heat for it. 🙂
Have you sought permission to use the highly offensive GG which I have copyrighted in 312 countries and in 176 different languages so far 😛

My lawyers will be in touch soon, seeking recompense in the sum of 50p.

Moves
23 May 11

My lawyers will be in touch soon, seeking recompense in the sum of 50p.
will that be enough to buy your lawyers their peanut fees?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
23 May 11

Have you sought permission to use the highly offensive [b]GG which I have copyrighted in 312 countries and in 176 different languages so far 😛

My lawyers will be in touch soon, seeking recompense in the sum of 50p.[/b]
I'll see your lawyers next time I visit the primate exhibit at the zoo.