How about a Grampy Bobby forum?

How about a Grampy Bobby forum?

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
27 Aug 08

Does anyone else notice an irony in the most active forum lately being about complaining about an active poster, or is it just me?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by coquette
Does anyone else notice an irony in the most active forum lately being about complaining about an active poster, or is it just me?
There's a whole forum for that?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Im confused.
How can you say its FIXED when nothing was broken in the first place.?
Because 4 people think you start too many threads you are going to change ? What about the 100 or so that enjoy reading your threads?

COme to think of it, how many threads are too much? I just did a quick check of your threads and at this time you have
Page 1 - 9
Page ...[text shortened]... 13 out of a total of 90 in the first 3 pages.
Cant be that difficult to ignore 13 posts. Is it?
On the other hand 9 out of 30 threads on the first page is nearly 1/3rd - a little excessive.

I could easily set up 100 threads about varying subjects in word, open multiple windows and with a quick copy and paste exercise fill the general forum with loads of inane threads in a few seconds.

A bit pointless, but nonetheless it would be annoying.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by adramforall
On the other hand 9 out of 30 threads on the first page is nearly 1/3rd - a little excessive.

I could easily set up 100 threads about varying subjects in word, open multiple windows and with a quick copy and paste exercise fill the general forum with loads of inane threads in a few seconds.

A bit pointless, but nonetheless it would be annoying.
I think both you and Philabit are missing the basic point. And you seem to be using hypothetical scenarios (which are very unlikely to happen) to make your case.

Here is the point : many people like Grampy's threads.

And here is my point : Why deprive readers of GB's threads when all you had to do to 'escape' the terror of reading them is NOT OPENING THE EFFING THING?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
02 Sep 08
1 edit

When I see a forum thread that was started by someone that i consider to be a spammer, I do something real powerful. I choose not to read it.
How is not reading something "powerful"? What exactly makes it powerful. Does something change because you don't read it? Does the thread get erased? Is a msg sent to the creator of the thread saying that no one read his thread?

Please, I am confused. Enlighten me as to how you not reading a thread is powerful

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
02 Sep 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Today it is 8/5/1 on pages one through 3. Keep in mind GB was gone for a week or so.

You can search pages 5-10 and I'm sure you'll find numbers more like 8/9/9/7/8

Now consider 3 users doing something like that.

That would be 24 threads from 3 users out of 30 posts on a given page.

TOO MUCH.

P-
"well if he gets up, then i'll get up...we'll all get up!....It'll be anarchy!!!"

-Breakfast club

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
02 Sep 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Im confused.
How can you say its FIXED when nothing was broken in the first place.?
Because 4 people think you start too many threads you are going to change ? What about the 100 or so that enjoy reading your threads?

COme to think of it, how many threads are too much? I just did a quick check of your threads and at this time you have
Page 1 - 9
Page ...[text shortened]... 13 out of a total of 90 in the first 3 pages.
Cant be that difficult to ignore 13 posts. Is it?
Hey Raj,

Look it's very simple. Whenever people at RHP don't like someone, they try to marginalize or remove them from the site. The site really has become a site full of little cliques and temporary individual alliances who's main goal is to silence those posters that they don't like.

It's like Sweet Valley High School around here sometimes.

The fact that a few posters can ban together and propose wild and crazy ways to limit another subscribers site utilization is pure and simple harrassment. It shouldn't be tolerated.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

Grampy Bobby's threads may bore you and you might find them totally lame. However, if you examine the entire balance of all of his threads, I think that you'll find that he's started some of the most engaging and entertaining threads of any.

Further, you aren't commenting on the idiotic threads created by so many others, just his (in your opinion).

Th e that i consider to be a spammer, I do something real powerful. I choose not to read it.
Some of your questions are answerable, speaking for myself. Yes, they are boring. Yes, they are lame. No, the entire balance of all his threads were not engaging or entertaining. Yes, they've chased people from the forums. The resonse counts to his forum threads are measurable by their endless posts telling him they were crap.

I think GB lacks SELF-CONTROL. He may be a nice old man, but there are LOTS of people that get sick of his spamming and his incomprehensible language. Now, a nice old man is nice. Endless superfluous posts that don't make sense to a large number of people is ANNOYING. Having said that, I agree with most others in that he shouldn't be limited unless he specifically breaks the rules of the site.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
04 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Sunburnt
. He may be a nice old man, but there are LOTS of people that get sick of his spamming and his incomprehensible language. Now, a nice old man is nice. Endless superfluous posts that don't make sense to a large number of people is ANNOYING.
incomprehensible language?

Look GB's posts are very straight forward if you have more than a high school diploma to your name. I suggest you start reading some of the classic literature and you might, possibly, begin to piece it together.

Just because things don't make sense to MOST people, it doesn't mean it should be eliminated.

You really oughtta read Animal Farm if that's what you truly believe.

😕

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
04 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by uzless
incomprehensible language?

Look GB's posts are very straight forward if you have more than a high school diploma to your name. I suggest you start reading some of the classic literature and you might, possibly, begin to piece it together.

Just because things don't make sense to MOST people, it doesn't mean it should be eliminated.

You really oughtta read Animal Farm if that's what you truly believe.

😕
Nice, Uzless. You insult my intelligence? How do you know what books I have read? You are very ignorant to say that to me and not only that, to compare GB's threads to literature and that one must be of high intellect to understand and/or enjoy them is ludicrous. What if a person has read classic literature, yet still thinks his posts are annoying? Did you consider that before you posted this? No, probably not, because you think you are clever. I recall countless "Dear Diary"-like threads that bored me to tears from GB. And I can't recall a single post of yours at the moment that I found halfway interesting.

Before you presume to have a good read on my abilities you might want to work on yourself and then send me a PM with a more mature statement. Please include some decent punctuation.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 Sep 08

Nice, Uzless. You insult my intelligence? How do you know what books I have read? You are very ignorant to say that to me and not only that, to compare GB's threads to literature and that one must be of high intellect to understand and/or enjoy them is ludicrous. What if a person has read classic literature, yet still thinks his posts are annoying? Did you ...[text shortened]... and then send me a PM with a more mature statement. Please include some decent punctuation.
Listen baby, GB's post are FULL of allusions to themes and concepts expressed in classic literature. They are thinly (well thinly to some of us anyway) veiled references that he has simply rearranged and presented in different form. If you can't see that, then I suggest you re-read whatever classic books you think you've read. Perhaps you should read some more of them. I'll give you a clue. Start with TS Elliot and Thoreau. When you're done, move on to Longfellow and Shaw. Then finish off with Thomas More, Gibran, and Camus. Then go back and re-read GB's posts.

Then come back to me and let me know if you care to revise your ill advised and ill informed invective directive you so callously aimed at me. I never insulted your intelligence because I think your intelligence probably feels pretty bad already...it doesn't need to be reminded.

Oh, and I'll put in proper punctuation when you use proper grammar and stop using imcomplete sentences. In case you didn't notice, forums are no place for punctuation/grammar/spelling criticisms.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Sep 08

When will uzless realize that telling people to read books X, Y, Z only shows his narrow-mindedness?

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
05 Sep 08

Originally posted by uzless
Listen baby, GB's post are FULL of allusions to themes and concepts expressed in classic literature. They are thinly (well thinly to some of us anyway) veiled references that he has simply rearranged and presented in different form. If you can't see that, then I suggest you re-read whatever classic books you think you've read. Perhaps you should read some ...[text shortened]... ase you didn't notice, forums are no place for punctuation/grammar/spelling criticisms.
Again, you obviously think yourself very clever but you demonstrate your ignorance clearly. I won't go any further in an effort to be kind.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
08 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
When will uzless realize that telling people to read books X, Y, Z only shows his narrow-mindedness?
Narrowmindedness?? They were examples, a starter list if you will, and by no means a complete list. Wasn't that obvious Mr. Palynka?

Man, Russ should design an interface to allow us to post pictures and drawings so that you guys can understand concepts better.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
08 Sep 08
1 edit

Again, you obviously think yourself very clever but you demonstrate your ignorance clearly. I won't go any further in an effort to be kind.
LOL....oh the IRONY considering what you've been posting about GB's posts. How about we use your own words against you here.....

"You obviously think yourself very clever but you demonstrate your ignorance clearly when you call GB's post incomprehensible and annoying. I won't go any further in an effort to be kind."

😛