Forum restriction for new users

Forum restriction for new users

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
53d

M

Moves
53d

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
53d

@suzianne said
This is not your personal website where you can feel free to trash other users.

Perhaps anti-social people with their own questionable hyper-religious agendas need to, as you say, "be dealt with as well".

In case your political leanings prevent you from recognizing the value of diversity in a social setting such as RHP, your insulting post to me doesn't help make ALL users feel welcome, and as such, should probably be alerted.
Im a paying chess-playing customer. You are a good-for-nothing freeloader.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
53d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think most (genuine) newbies will play out a few games first, before immersing themselves in the forums. (Newbies being more likely drawn here for the chess). It is returning banned players who are more likely to play a few moves and then hit the forums.

Completing a set number of games, before forum posting privileges are unlocked, seems like a reasonable thing to put in place.
We can agree to disagree on this point. As I've just stated some are here more for the forums than the chess. Just look in the forums as they are now, you will see people who post a lot more than chess they play. That is entirely up to them, I am here more for the chess than forums, I am just looking at the other side of things instead of just having a tunnel vision on it.

-VR

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
53d

@divegeester said
This has come up before but the recent filth in the “Notable Deaths” thread in the GF prompts another request.

Russ please can you restrict posting for at period of completed games, maybe 10, in order to stop abuse from returning banned users.

Thank you.
This proposal makes it a bit more of a hassle, but hardly stops anything.

It's not terribly difficult to create two junk accounts and play 10 games between them. It's more of a hassle, but for someone so determined to come back, not a problem.

However, I don't have a better idea.

Über-Nerd

Moves
53d

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Russ must have had a good reason. Why are you back again? Just to whine?

Moves
53d

@bigdogg said

It's not terribly difficult to create two junk accounts and play 10 games between them. It's more of a hassle, but for someone so determined to come back, not a problem.

It would be a start and a good step forward.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
52d

Über-Nerd

Moves
52d

@bigdogg said

If I were a returning banned user, the last thing I would do is call attention to myself by posting stupid stuff to the Site Ideas Forum.

😵

Über-Nerd

Moves
52d
2 edits

@very-rusty said
We can agree to disagree on this point. As I've just stated some are here more for the forums than the chess. Just look in the forums as they are now, you will see people who post a lot more than chess they play. That is entirely up to them, I am here more for the chess than forums, I am just looking at the other side of things instead of just having a tunnel vision on it.

-VR
People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. There are probably fewer than a hundred active posters here, and it is a rare post indeed which gets double-digit likes. If someone gets his jollies from likes, there are much richer pickings at FaceBook and Twitter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
52d

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Vulgarity - the last resort for a failed argument. Moonbus has some great advice for you .. People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. Consider taking it and go wash your mouth with some detergent... maybe sulphuric acid might be better in your case.

Australia

Moves
52d

@rajk999 said
Vulgarity - the last resort for a failed argument. Moonbus has some great advice for you .. People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. Consider taking it and go wash your mouth with some detergent... maybe sulphuric acid might be better in your case.
Even paying subscribers can receive forum bans for this type of personal harassment.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
52d

@kewpie said
Even paying subscribers can receive forum bans for this type of personal harassment.
You missing a few screws madam.. Here is what she said to me

How about if you remove your nose from my ass for five seconds?

I guess from your biased pov that is not personal harassment.

Australia

Moves
52d

@rajk999 said
You missing a few screws madam.. Here is what she said to me

How about if you remove your nose from my ass for five seconds?

I guess from your biased pov that is not personal harassment.
She was defending herself from your personal attack. Reprehensible but understandable. Unlike your completely unprovoked attack on her which is inexcusable and prejudiced.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
52d

@kewpie said
She was defending herself from your personal attack. Reprehensible but understandable. Unlike your completely unprovoked attack on her which is inexcusable and prejudiced.
This, my first comment
Yes, and you are in a category that needs to be dealt with as well. You play no chess and you are using RHP to promote your political, spiritual, and social [in particular, LGBQTQ +++] agenda.

... is not an attack. This is the truth, which many here can see. My post contains no vulgarities or insults. The woman is not here to play chess but spends loads of time insulting many people on this site.