Forum Moderation

Forum Moderation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 08
4 edits

Originally posted by Russ
Not true. Feedback please. Feedback is managed, and often read long before we respond even when it does queue up a little. This is certainly not the case for PMs.

-Russ

edit : CNN are yet to contact me. Shame, I was looking forward to making a brief TV appearance about forum moderation. I was hoping for a slot between the Georgian conflict and the forthcoming US election, but it wasn't to be. 😉
Oh, I did actually say I had mis-read what was told to me by a helpful mod. So I had made a correction about that in the thread.

Thank You, but I have done that, and have not received an answer, and have repeated and not received an answer. I wait patiently for answers. I must have at least 6 Send Feedback within the last two months with one reply thanking me for the feedback, and not more on that particular one. I am sure with thousands of people back logs happen. I will try to be even more patient. I am sure it has nothing to do with my disagreements with a few of the Mods here.

CFT Says: there has only been one complaint sent to You, I wonder what became of the ones I sent?

I didn't know about CNN, that is news to me! That should be some good publicity for the site shouldn't it?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
... That should be some good publicity for the site shouldn't it?
Not if you keep slandering the moderation system based on false accusations of bias.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 08
4 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Not if you keep slandering the moderation system based on false accusations of bias.

P-
We are in disagreement on a few matters, and I am still waiting for answers from you on what you consider to be cursing and swearing, and sent you examples: I realize you must be extremely busy and, will wait patiently for those answers.

Thank You Mr. Moderator, further more you have more than 2 or 3 moderators here, that is NOT the whole moderation system. I will continue to send you and "Send Feedback" examples of issues, we are in disagreement about, and discontinue statements about Moderation in the "Public Forums", out of respect to the Site, and the Admins who run it.

I am sure everyone would like to see improvements, rather than fruitless squabbling, which goes absolutely no where. That is one thing I am sure we can "ALL" agree on.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
27 Aug 08

We are in disagreement on a few matters, and I am still waiting for answers from you on what you consider to be cursing and swearing, and sent you examples: I realize you must be extremely busy and, will wait patiently for those answers.
I send cursing and swearing examples to Phlab too!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by epic0002
I send cursing and swearing examples to Phlab too!
...your's are fine examples, VR's list was rather lacking.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Aug 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
...your's are fine examples, VR's list was rather lacking.

P-
he knows more curse words. 😉

IC

Moves
29 Aug 08

Who would have guessed that a thread about forum moderation would turn into such a dog and pony show? 😕

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
29 Aug 08

Great in theory, but it has to be implimented equally.

"Do Not Flame The Staff", also you have to say "Do Not Flame The Subscriber" (Everything that applies to the subs, should apply to the Mod)

What irks me, is when you get a Moderator who is involved in an argument with a subscriber in public forum, (which should never happen), being able to sen ...[text shortened]... in public forum. It does show bias!

Just a few quick thoughts off the top of my head.
It is my opinion that mods should be anonymous. With the exception of the site admins nobody should know who the mods are. This would cut down on the perception of bias.

Moves
29 Aug 08

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
29 Aug 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Total anonymity would probably have been better...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
It is my opinion that mods should be anonymous. With the exception of the site admins nobody should know who the mods are. This would cut down on the perception of bias.
LOL...I am sure you will get no objection from the Mods...I am still trying to find out "WHO" my ban came from. Pretty good set up statement too, good job. 😉

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
30 Aug 08

LOL...I am sure you will get no objection from the Mods...I am still trying to find out "WHO" my ban came from. Pretty good set up statement too, good job. 😉
Usually if Phlab claims he didnt know about it and says he will have to look into it ..it was him that did it.... but.. Crowley hates you so much..it could definitely be him.On the other hand Catcrap sometimes pulls his head out and does something stupid(ider)... so I hope this Mod guide helps.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
30 Aug 08
2 edits

I was serious. I'm not the mindless lackey you think I am. Try to keep an open mind for a change. You have a really bad habit of making statements concerning what people feel, think or intend and then asserting that you've discovered some fundamental truth. This is often coupled with hysterical over reaction and poo flinging.

While I appreciate the drama, I do think hacking the current mods and substituting them with anonymous ones would be appropriate.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
30 Aug 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I was serious. I'm not the mindless lackey you think I am. Try to keep an open mind for a change. You have a really bad habit of making statements concerning what people feel, think or intend and then asserting that you've discovered some fundamental truth. This is often coupled with hysterical over reaction and poo flinging.

While I appreciate ...[text shortened]... think hacking the current mods and substituting them with anonymous ones would be appropriate.
LOL...where have I called you a mindless lackey? You seem to think you know all about me. Usually a lot of hot air to your words. I know a "set up statement" when I see one, I been around the forum/chat game, and games played a long time, young man!

I wonder if some people even know what the truth is anymore. Of course I will not mention any names or point fingers. 😉 There was drama long before I was here, and it will exist, long after I am not here.

You are aware of course that Hacking is against the law. 😉

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
30 Aug 08

You are aware of course that Hacking is against the law. 😉
So is picking up 16 year old hookers in Tijuana...but..oh nevermind