Forum Moderation

Forum Moderation

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Crowley
Untrue. Which mod told you this? Let's get a name, because your ridiculous posts and lies are now crossing a serious line.
It appears I did read it wrong, my sincere apology!

It might be a decent idea to stick to feedback and knock off the public accusations. Most of that stuff gets modded anyway, and therefore just waste...

I am human and do make mistakes, but I will admit when I have done so!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
I never said I hated you, please don't 'put words into my mouth'.
You tell me what your exact words were, you told me on 3 seperate occasions you didn't like me. I am pretty certain it was you said "I hate you" on at least one occassion. This is back sometime ago now, shortly before you sent me the warning note.

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
24 Aug 08

Mods here enfoce way too seclectively. I recived a forum ban for a post that did not curse, did not flame, but called out a spammer to stop with the junk posting. I got the ban? Then the mods say reply with"Did you report the offending post?". Next is "We (mods) don't read every post. How can we?". Some posters are allowed to describe in detail what ever they want in detail and no reprecusions, while others call out spammers and recive bans. And mods can take that " Did you report it?" Line and shove it because yes I did report ofending posts and they were not removed.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
24 Aug 08

I think now would be a good time to bring back the '32 letter' stating that if you call out the mods in public you will get banned.Anybody have a copy?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by epic0002
I think now would be a good time to bring back the '32 letter' stating that if you call out the mods in public you will get banned.Anybody have a copy?
Just ban everyone who disagrees with the mods, then everything is settled huh? This is a discussion about Moderation. Maybe ban any Mod who calls out a Subscriber? How ridiculous do we get with it?

I think some good legit comments have been made in this thread!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
what right have you to say nasty things about Miss O?
Are you joking? In this thread, you've criticised Crowley non-stop. Let's try not to be too hypocritical here.

If MissOleum wants to criticise the current mod team, then I think pointing out the fact that she couldn't do better herself in a clearly demonstrable way is a fair comment, unlike your continuously unsupported, and often proven false, accusations.

I believe my point was well made in thanking the current mods, of which Crowley is but a small (figuratively speaking only) fraction of the team, for the job they do.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
4 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Are you joking? In this thread, you've criticised Crowley non-stop. Let's try not to be too hypocritical here.

If MissOleum wants to criticise the current mod team, then I think pointing out the fact that she couldn't do better herself in a clearly demonstrable way is a fair comment, unlike your continuously unsupported, and often proven false, accusat ...[text shortened]... y is but a small (figuratively speaking only) fraction of the team, for the job they do.

D
Keep in mind, your buddy Crowley jumped on me first, for making a Moderation suggestion, God forbid I have the gall to do that huh?

I think you work hard at staying in good with your Friends in PFC, and do not see anything beyond the points you can make, by backing them up, rather they happen to be right or wrong.

You just continue to hop on the ban wagon, but who can blame you, as you get to say what ever you want to who ever you want, without any thoughts of ever receiving a warning for what ever you say. Don't even try to tell me you stay inside the TOS, we both know that is bull!

I admit when I am wrong unlike you, or your friends who you try so hard to protect, and make look like saints.

Don't talk to me about lies, you lie about your picture. I was in a pool club in yahoo back sometime ago, and a team mate had that exact same picture, he got from the worlds most ugly people. Actually I didn't think the guy looked all that bad!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
you get to say what ever you want to who ever you want, without any thoughts of ever receiving a warning for what ever you say.
That post is so ridiculous, it barely deserves a reply.

But I'd just like to ask you, how exactly do you know my warning/ban history?

D

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

Are you joking? In this thread, you've criticised Crowley non-stop. Let's try not to be too hypocritical here......
Would you agree that a moderator should call people:
- Idiot (several times)
- Pathetic
- Douchebag
- Ignoramus ????

... or refer to another person as "... that useless sack of lard.."

Note Crowley call me those names when I did not use any verbally abusive language when responding to him. He called Arrakis "... that useless sack of lard.." when Arrakis whas not even around to get him angry.

You disagreed with my post to HoH. But did you react that way ? No.
Infact nobody in that entire thread reacted so badly except Crowley.

Did he react that way only because of what I posted about HoH ? No.

Crowley has an anger problem. HE IS NOT MODERATION MATERIAL AND HE SHOULD BE ASKED TO STEP DOWN.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
1 edit

That post is so ridiculous, it barely deserves a reply.

But I'd just like to ask you, how exactly do you know my warning/ban history?

D
So now you are going to tell me you have received warnings and bans I suppose?

Most posts to you are ridiculous, you use that a lot on your posts. I guess you are the only one on RHP, who doesn't make ridiculous posts? Now that is ridiculous statment!

Obviously it wasn't ridiculous enough for you not to reply to it, just to say it was ridiculous. I notice you never answered about the picture, because you know I am right on the money with that one. 😉 Or are you going to try and tell me it was stolen?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Would you agree that a moderator should call people:
- Idiot (several times)
- Pathetic
- Douchebag
- Ignoramus ????

... or refer to another person as "... that useless sack of lard.."

Note Crowley call me those names when I did not use any verbally abusive language when responding to him. He called Arrakis "... that useless sack of lard.." whe ...[text shortened]... ley has an anger problem. HE IS NOT MODERATION MATERIAL AND HE SHOULD BE ASKED TO STEP DOWN.
Go ahead; ask him to step down.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Go ahead; ask him to step down.
Crowley, No1Marauder says that you should step down.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
24 Aug 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
You disagreed with my post to HoH. But did you react that way ? No.
Infact nobody in that entire thread reacted so badly except Crowley.
I think his mother got badly injured in a crash.

D

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Aug 08
2 edits

I think his mother got badly injured in a crash.

D
And I think you are lying!

And it doesn't matter if you are or not, that HOH Rant was disgusting literature, and should have been removed! Oh he is a friend too...Never mind I guess perhaps in that case leave it up, to cause some drama. 😉

N

The sky

Moves
24 Aug 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Absolutely. The way I imagine it, a PM to "Forum Moderator" would be sent to all moderators, so that the one responsible for whatever the complaint or question is about could reply (anonymously if he so wishes). It's endlessly frustrating (and will likely result in complaints in the public fora) when you try to get an explanation for a ban, and the first mod you PM tells you he has nothing to do with it and doesn't know who did it, the second one replies in a way suggesting that he was responsible for it, but after a long discussion tells you that he wasn't, and Russ tells you that the site administrators don't usually get involved with forum moderation, so he doesn't know what it's all about either. I would imagine it's just as frustrating for the mods and site administrators who have to reply to all those PMs about things they had nothing to do with. It sounds like a simple thing to implement, especially since the "Forum Moderator" account already exists.