1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 02:11
    I often have a strategy, which I put in my personal Notes box and send away, but when the board comes back to me I forget to check the box. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Would it be possible to have the text in the Notes box displayed in red immediately above the board when it's my turn to move?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 07:27
    @kewpie said
    I often have a strategy, which I put in my personal Notes box and send away, but when the board comes back to me I forget to check the box. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Would it be possible to have the text in the Notes box displayed in red immediately above the board when it's my turn to move?
    That refe4rs to the browser version, in the app this is already done.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 10:51
    I'm rebuilding the UI right now, so this should be possible - and as @ponderable said, the app does a better job of making your notes virtually unmissable, so I will do something similar.

If for any reason you don't see it in the web site beta in q1 2023*, let me know, so i can get it in.

*I was initially aiming for Autumn/Winter 2022 - but I've expanded the work somewhat.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Dec '22 12:57
    After briefly discussing this with Kewpie yesterday, I put together a test note in our game and saved it. I noticed today when I opened our game page that my test note was in fact displayed on the page, without needing to click the 'notes' button. I am using a laptop and firefox browser to access the RHP site.

I noticed also by looking at other games that if I didn't have any notes saved, the details selection is displayed, by default I think.

So I think that if you have created and saved a note, it will be shown to you when you open that game page again. In addition, I suspect that being able to see the 'note' window as it is now would depend on your display settings for your screen.
  5. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 12:14
    @mwmiller said
    After briefly discussing this with Kewpie yesterday, I put together a test note in our game and saved it. I noticed today when I opened our game page that my test note was in fact displayed on the page, without needing to click the 'notes' button. I am using a laptop and firefox browser to access the RHP site.

I noticed also by looking at other games that if I didn't ha ...[text shortened]... ng able to see the 'note' window as it is now would depend on your display settings for your screen.
    I've tried this and got the same result, but I didn't actually notice until after I went to Submit, because it's in the wrong location and not highlighted. So I'll try to be more careful about checking over there.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '22 13:59
    @kewpie said
    I've tried this and got the same result, but I didn't actually notice until after I went to Submit, because it's in the wrong location and not highlighted. So I'll try to be more careful about checking over there.
    I've only used the notes once but also missed it before submitting, it's too far down the page on a laptop.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree