Club Tournament Restrictions

Club Tournament Restrictions

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
12 Aug 11

29 recommendations!

Are you listening, Russ?

Keep The Faith

Sunderland

Moves
12 Aug 11

I enter and leave club tournies all the time, when i check who is ignoring the restrictons, so automatic restrictions would be great.

Get onto it Russ please

r

Moves
12 Aug 11

Originally posted by LEUR
...club leaders who like to create lots of tournaments:
...club members who like to play in lots of CLUB tournaments:
send feedback to RUSS asking for automatic acceptance/decline in tournaments with ratings minimum-maximum stated (banded) and a players minimum-maximum as well...JUST LIKE THE SITE TOURNAMENTS WORK...
yes sir, I agree.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
13 Aug 11

There are cretins here that try to take advantage of the rate restrictions within club tournies all the time, sometimes vastly over rated they join and are promptly asked to vacate but ignore the messages..there are numerous examples of entire tournies being withdrawn because these cretins think they've beaten the system and therefore they can take it for an easy points ride..it's true, ask a club boss, they'll know these same old 'suspects'...in the RHP tournies they will continue to manipulate their own rate as much as they can but if the official site tournies won't accept a 1700 TER from entering a <1500 affair, then why on earth can't the same automated system be applied across the board ??

m
Xelenal of Epaland

Epaladian Sea

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
There are cretins here that try to take advantage of the rate restrictions within club tournies all the time, sometimes vastly over rated they join and are promptly asked to vacate but ignore the messages..there are numerous examples of entire tournies being withdrawn because these cretins think they've beaten the system and therefore they can take it fo ...[text shortened]... affair, then why on earth can't the same automated system be applied across the board ??
People do it my club.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Aug 11

send feedback to RUSS asking for automatic acceptance/decline in tournaments with ratings minimum-maximum stated (banded) and a players minimum-maximum as well...JUST LIKE THE SITE TOURNAMENTS WORK...
Jesus Mary and Joseph, 34 recs, this must be a great idea, or the caps at the end bedazzled 'em. 🙂

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Jesus Mary and Joseph, 34 recs, this must be a great idea, or the caps at the end bedazzled 'em. 🙂
We're all hypnotised by it obviously, ''you WILL recommend this post...doom to all who do not''...and now you're trying it also, subliminally, with that pretty female eye on the left here 😉 Please don't tell me it's your own 😛

Australia

Moves
13 Aug 11

There are at least 34 frustrated club leaders reading this forum thread.

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
There are at least 34 frustrated club leaders reading this forum thread.
...40!!!...THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!!

Moves
13 Aug 11

good idea

Australia

Moves
13 Aug 11

44 recommendations - and not a peep out of Russ - must be the silly season again. 🙁

MAP since 090214!

Round Rock, TX

Moves
13 Aug 11

Agree.

I have tried to enter tournaments and it restricted me to enter because I was not qualified.

However, in Club Tournaments, I have entered unknowingly without any problems. Other players have alerted me that I am playing weaker players. So, I was able to withdraw without losing any rating points.

Thus, there should be a system to avoid knowingly and unknowingly entering tournaments which you are not qualified to play.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
44 recommendations - and not a peep out of Russ - must be the silly season again. 🙁
Give the poor man a break he's on bluddy holiday

User 1

Devon uk.

Moves
13 Aug 11

great idea should have been done long ago

TEXAS

STATE OF THE HEART

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by ZorroTheFox
Agree.

I have tried to enter tournaments and it restricted me to enter because I was not qualified.

However, in Club Tournaments, I have entered unknowingly without any problems. Other players have alerted me that I am playing weaker players. So, I was able to withdraw without losing any rating points.

Thus, there should be a system to avoid knowingly and unknowingly entering tournaments which you are not qualified to play.
and to that I must add: two or three times we have had the player who was over the suggested maximum be the LAST person to enter the tournament forcing the tourney to START...then the club admin is compelled to ask the player to RESIGN his games...a royal pain for BOTH member and club leader...especially when the tourney is an 8 player round robin...