clan invitations

clan invitations

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Nov 12

we should be able to have a saved script for invites to join.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
01 Nov 12

Originally posted by coquette
Where would you put it?
I for one don't look on the clans thread anymore because all that's ever on it is metallica and ivv stuff

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Nov 12

Originally posted by coquette
Get Firefox/Greasemonkey or Chrome/Tampermonkey and you can have all kinds of saved scripts.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Nov 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Get Firefox/Greasemonkey or Chrome/Tampermonkey and you can have all kinds of saved scripts.
thank you!

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
01 Nov 12

Originally posted by venda

I for one don't look on the clans thread anymore because all that's ever on it is metallica and ivv stuff
Glad I'm not alone with that viewpoint Dave...it's a wast of time even 'bobbing your head in there' now.. 🙁

Pale Yellow Star!

Minneapolis

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Glad I'm not alone with that viewpoint Dave...it's a wast of time even 'bobbing your head in there' now.. 🙁
Yep. The clan forum has lost its way. It's no longer part of an exciting or interesting clan system that folks would want to join. I imagine what it looks like to people checking out the site, or exploring clans. The foul language, abuse and sheer repetition in that forum is likely a deterrent to many people thinking of joining. It is a real ugly, unappealing blemish on the face of RHP.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
04 Nov 12
1 edit

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by patrickrutgers
Yep. The clan forum has lost its way. It's no longer part of an exciting or interesting clan system that folks would want to join. I imagine what it looks like to people checking out the site, or exploring clans. The foul language, abuse and sheer repetition in that forum is likely a deterrent to many people thinking of joining. It is a real ugly, unappealing blemish on the face of RHP.
Spot on, if you are genuinely seeking anything remotely 'clan useful', you'd have no option but to either go elsewhere or more likely just not bother ! I think it's one reason why the clubs are doing so so well and the clan leagues are going down the pan. I can't remember the last time I TRIED to get a league thread 'consistently' utilised there, I just gave up in the end..attempts at creating more league interest did result in an entirely new league layout, but the clan system is just plain unattractive to so so many new members that the numbers are not nearly what was hoped for. It's a bloody shame !
It's poorly moderated; sorry moderation team but why can't ALL the consistently repetitive 'IVV v Metallica drivel' go in one great big thread instead of allowing all these useless additional 'recruitment' threads !?? Unless something like this is done, anyone 'genuinely' posting there is not realising what a wast of time their efforts are...you may as well just can the forum altogether if it continues 'as is'.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Nov 12

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
05 Nov 12

Originally posted by patrickrutgers
Thread 149471

Australia

Moves
05 Nov 12

Forum Moderator obviously agrees with you.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Forum Moderator obviously agrees with you.
Yes, but nobody seems to understand it there...as indicated in the last 'addition' to that thread, they WILL lose the forum...
Thread 149471

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 12

Spot on, if you are genuinely seeking anything remotely 'clan useful', you'd have no option but to either go elsewhere or more likely just not bother ! I think it's one reason why the clubs are doing so so well and the clan leagues are going down the pan. I can't remember the last time I TRIED to get a league thread 'consistently' utilised there, I just ...[text shortened]... s are...you may as well just can the forum altogether if it continues 'as is'.
When moderators try to do something about it people seem to cry about it bleating about freedom of speech. I have also got to the stage of giving up with the clan forum same 2 clans killing it and only a handful of members either side doing it

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
10 Nov 12

Originally posted by Silverstriker
When moderators try to do something about it people seem to cry about it bleating about freedom of speech. I have also got to the stage of giving up with the clan forum same 2 clans killing it and only a handful of members either side doing it
Yes, I can see your point...I just think that all this name calling nonsense is actually affecting other perhaps more 'needy' clans from ever being to able utilise that dedicated forum. One example of that is that for years clan leaders would just leave a solitary note saying something like: 'two players urgently needed for upcoming league'...they'd post it and RELY upon it being read by SOME interested parties. Now, all this bollox name calling has put these otherwise previously 'interested parties' off from venturing in there.....also, that solitary post is just nigh on invisible after the umpteen nonsense threads are 'bumped' up the order. The clan leader then can only wonder why nobody has bothered to contact him about the league places..he wonders only until he sees just what a wast of time it was relying upon his post in the first place...

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
10 Nov 12

Yes, I can see your point...I just think that all this name calling nonsense is actually affecting other perhaps more 'needy' clans from ever being to able utilise that dedicated forum. One example of that is that for years clan leaders would just leave a solitary note saying something like: 'two players urgently needed for upcoming league'...they'd post ...[text shortened]... til he sees just what a wast of time it was relying upon his post in the first place...
Don't know how successfull the league recruitment campaign was Dean, but personally the only new clan members I have ever attracted have been thro' personal invitations or people wanting to join a clan and looking thro' the clan list.
It helps of course that we are on the first page so I suppose that although the list is not a measure of success, it does show who are the active clans, especially if you use the last challenge filter
As far as I'm concerned, the "usual suspects" can use the clan forum for whatever they like.I never look at it.