1. SubscriberAnglian
    One True Saxon
    East Anglia
    Moves
    02 Mar '23 10:10
    Although relatively new here its obvious to me (with a fresh pair of eyes) that the Clan system is somewhat flawed due to its absence of a rating specific to clan games.

Heres the analogy ….. when I played INTER-club OTB competitive matches, my rating went up and down according to opponent/result. When I played INTRA-club games, my rating didn’t change whatever the opponent/result. Now imagine if the INTRA-club games affected rating! The rating system would be a mockery!
    So my suggestion is as follows:-

There needs to be a new rating (lets call it a CCR). This rating only changes as a result of completing Clan games. The rules for change are the same as the main (current) rating. It won’t fully eradicate sandbagging, but for sure 90%+ eradication.

As a one-off, all CCR’s to be set to the 1 year highest rating (for every player irrespective of whether in a clan). Ultimately, it doesn’t matter what rating is used as the start point, as those initially rated too high will drop down and those too low will bob-up over time). Might take 6 months to level out. Current and 90-day are not suitable as the initial baseline.

I suggest the 90-day rating is done away with, or indeed is just replaced by the CCR (I think it is only used because the current rating is meaningless as far as Clan challenges are concerned, and it gives the Clan Leader some other rating to assess match-ups by). The 90-day is, however, not much of an improvement on current rating.

I appreciate that there is some finer detail, but in principle my site suggestion is to introduce a CCR that will only change as a result of completed clan games, this rating will be easily visible to the Clan leaders setting up challenges, and that this rating is used as the +/-200 restriction.

Have to say that anyone who disagrees with a CCR clearly has ulterior motives …..

I appreciate for the developers of this site there is probably a lot of ‘devil in the detail’ … but it is afterall, just ‘a bit of code’ 😊
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 11:391 edit
    @anglian said
    Although relatively new here its obvious to me (with a fresh pair of eyes) that the Clan system is somewhat flawed due to its absence of a rating specific to clan games.

Heres the analogy ….. when I played INTER-club OTB competitive matches, my rating went up and down according to opponent/result. When I played INTRA-club games, my rating didn’t change whatever the opponen ...[text shortened]... s site there is probably a lot of ‘devil in the detail’ … but it is afterall, just ‘a bit of code’ 😊
    Apparently it's not just "a bit" of code and there are other issues also.
    There's a lot of discussion on the subject hereThread 196303
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 19:212 edits
    @Anglian

This has been discussed off and on for years. And, yes, it’s obviously needed and long overdue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree