a Limit for clan-challanges

a Limit for clan-challanges

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by adramforall
I understand the difference perfectly well, but you can set the number of games you play for the clan by deciding to make yourself unavailable when you have reached your limit.

Its not exactly rocket science. Can't understand why clans would have such bad communications. I know it doesn't happen within IVV, and I am pretty certain the likes of ...[text shortened]... day.

Get rid of vacation time I say, however too many people want it, so it will stay 🙁
Well. You know I completely agree with your vacation ideas here - except for getting rid of vacation. If people use it great - but we should have the option not to allow vacation use in some formats of play like you said. Also still think a player's vacation time left should be shown too - or implement the automatic skulling feature option like other threads have suggested.

This feature would be cool if say I only wanted to play 5 games per clan at a time - which I believe is not speciffically possible to set up by oneself at the moment. Yes yes you can ask your leader to only give you 5 but when someone is managing the challenges of gameloads of 20 odd people I don't want ask him to remember this figure. Why make it harder on him and more complicated to communicate for yourself. Self regulation of clan gameloads would be nice for clan some clan leaders and players. Sweet and simple.

I don't get your vacation question. If my limit is 20 and I've only got 10 going then of course I should be cool with my leader adding on another 10 if he wants. After all that is the limit I choose is it not? It is up to you to modify the limit of games. If you don't plan ahead and change your limit that is you fault.

Don't understand the challenges question either. Challenges cannot go through now if you max game limit is used. This feature would mearly give you more control on your max game loads and how to spread games out over clans.

Of course it is not rocket science. That is why I'm bewildered as to why this doesn't make sense for you.

I will PM Russ if you think it will help. Thought about it before but seemed too obvious and direct.

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by TSaffle
I clearly said that it is not up to the clan leader - the player regulates their regular clan gameload limit. m'key?

I wasn't saying there is anything bad about having fewer games trev33 - but that the more games you have the more use there is for regulating game loads, which is to say that perhaps you're small gameload perspective is playing a part in th ...[text shortened]... ggestions I want and should help the admins implement whatever they deem fit for the site.
you're not getting what i'm saying... just because i'm playing 10 games doesn't mean that if i suddenly woke up tomorrow with 16 and i wouldn't think aagghhh that's too many. so no, the more games you're actively playing in has no resemblance to game load control. and to say that one man's opinion is some how more valid over another just because of how many game they're playing is ludicrous.

I clearly said that it is not up to the clan leader - the player regulates their regular clan gameload limit. m'key?

so when you've reached your self proclaimed number of games limit the clan leader would be unable to add you to challenges? even if xe wanted to.. is this correct? in other words, you're automatically made unavailable for clan games when your number is reached?

anyway the fact remains, it doesn't matter if you;'re playing 3 games or 300 games if you don't want any games you can simply make yourself unavailable for 1 or all your clans... what is so bad with the way it is now?

T

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by trev33
you're not getting what i'm saying... just because i'm playing 10 games doesn't mean that if i suddenly woke up tomorrow with 16 and i wouldn't think aagghhh that's too many. so no, the more games you're actively playing in has no resemblance to game load control. and to say that one man's opinion is some how more valid over another just because of how many g ...[text shortened]... elf unavailable for 1 or all your clans... what is so bad with the way it is now?
'I wasn't saying there is anything bad about having fewer games trev33 - but that the more games you have the more use there is for regulating game loads'

The above is from the post I sent in response to you earlier - I hate quoting myself. You need to get off the idea that I think your opinion is less important because of game load - I was saying that this feature is probably more helpful to people with large gameloads.

I'm not answering the question about a clan leader not be able to change a player's clan gameload limit for a third time.

For a player it really does matter whether they have 3 or 300 games going. The difference between 3 and 300 is huge and you see it in the graph of the player that has 300 games. Sooner or later it plunges into the deepend. The more games played the more important it is for a player to set limits so that critical mass is not reached.

Nothing is bad about how this site is set up now in my opinion. I love this site. Though that is never a good enough reason to say we should not make improvements.

Moves
09 Feb 10

'I wasn't saying there is anything bad about having fewer games trev33 - but that the more games you have the more use there is for regulating game loads'

The above is from the post I sent in response to you earlier - I hate quoting myself. You need to get off the idea that I think your opinion is less important because of game load - I was saying that th ...[text shortened]... his site. Though that is never a good enough reason to say we should not make improvements.
oh jesus.

and for the third time i'm saying that this statement is just not true... each individual person is different. you could have 50 games going but would feel totally comfortable playing 100. whereas i myself might be playing only 15 games but would feel totally overloaded playing 25 and therefore want to regulate my game-load more so that someone who is playing many games.

plus it doesn't matter how many games you're playing, as i said before if you want to stop getting them you change your settings. simples.

I'm not answering the question about a clan leader not be able to change a player's clan gameload limit for a third time.

i never mentioned the word 'change'... i simple asked if.. oh forget it i can't make it any clearer than i already have. ok.. one more try.. a simple 'yes no' question.

if i reach my 20 game desired limit will i automatically be made unavailable for future challenges unless i either change my settings or dip under 20 games?

T

Moves
09 Feb 10

oh jesus.

and for the third time i'm saying that this statement is just not true... each individual person is different. you could have 50 games going but would feel totally comfortable playing 100. w ...[text shortened]... ble for future challenges unless i either change my settings or dip under 20 games?
You called my statement ludicrous so I thought you could use another look at what I said. Take it easy tiger. Don't get too frustrated now.

I have a hard time believing that you know what it would be like to have over 100 games at a time when you have played some 130 here total. Not saying this in a condesending way - just a matter of what experience does to one's perspective. The more games the more confusing - we differ on our opinions here.

To answer your question - yes.

But this does not apply to 'league' games - just regular clan challenge games.

The issue is still whether or not having the 'option' to limit clan games is a good idea. People who do not like the idea need not speak out against since as an option they don't ever have to use it. The other people who have posted here and said they would like this feature are the deciding factor with respect to whether anyone would use it or not and therefor whether or not it should be created.

Moves
09 Feb 10

You called my statement ludicrous so I thought you could use another look at what I said. Take it easy tiger. Don't get too frustrated now.

I have a hard time believing that you know what it would be like to have over 100 games at a time when you have played some 130 here total. Not saying this in a condesending way - just a matter of what experience does ...[text shortened]... t to whether anyone would use it or not and therefor whether or not it should be created.
i have played more than 130 games here... not as many as you but enough to know what it feels like to be overloaded with games.

but like i said even if i had of only played 130 games it still doesn't mean that at any point i was playing more games that i was comfortable with. how many times do i have to say that it's possible to feel overloaded with games when you're only playing 20 before you believe it to be true?

and again, the number of games you're playing doesn't matter with this new suggested feature. it simply makes it easier controlling how many you want to have in progress at any one time regardless of how many games you're playing... for the reasons i've already gave, yes? so i don't see it helping the guy who likes to play 100s of games any more than it will the people like myself who want few games... we all want the same thing - to be able to regulate how many games we have.

To answer your question - yes.

finally :p
i still don't see a major need for it but if it's easy to implement, fine. but if not i'd rather do without it and see the time spend elsewhere... there's already a long 'to do' list russ has.

T

Moves
09 Feb 10

i have played more than 130 games here... not as many as you but enough to know what it feels like to be overloaded with games.

but like i said even if i had of only played 130 games it still doesn't mean that at any point i was playing more games that i was comfortable with. how many times do i have to say that it's possible to feel overloaded with games ...[text shortened]... and see the time spend elsewhere... there's already a long 'to do' list russ has.
Believe me this is not high on the site to do list. I too would like to see ratings floors now. We have all been sandbaged enough times already.

Glad to hear that this idea is fine with you. Perhaps you would like to rec the original post too? Maybe not. lol.

:p

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
10 Feb 10

Don't understand the challenges question either. Challenges cannot go through now if you max game limit is used. This feature would mearly give you more control on your max game loads and how to spread games out over clans.

I will PM Russ if you think it will help. Thought about it before but seemed too obvious and direct.
From the help section on Clans

It is important to appreciate that by joining a clan you are allowing your clan leader to create games for you. You will not be selected if your vacation flag is on, or if you explicitly say you are currently not available for clan duty (this can be toggled from the 'My Settings >> Clan Settings' menu), but at any other time, you may find yourself with a clan game to play.

So even with a self imposed limit of X games for a clan unless you specifically make yourself unavailable then you could be involved in challenges above your self imposed limit due to either being challenged or the Clan Leader forgetting that you only want to play X games. Theoretically, if you are not on vacation or unavailable for challenges, then your Clan Leader could hit you with 1000 or more games and there is absolutely nothing you could so about it !!

T

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by adramforall
From the help section on Clans

[b]It is important to appreciate that by joining a clan you are allowing your clan leader to create games for you. You will not be selected if your vacation flag is on, or if you explicitly say you are currently not available for clan duty (this can be toggled from the 'My Settings >> Clan Settings' menu), but at any oth ...[text shortened]... could hit you with 1000 or more games and there is absolutely nothing you could so about it !!
Yeah. I don't want a 1,000 games!

If this clan game limit feature was created that would not happen.

VR

Moves
11 Feb 10

Yeah. I don't want a 1,000 games!

If this clan game limit feature was created that would not happen.
You might want to check with trev to see how many games you want to play! 😉

T

Moves
11 Feb 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
You might want to check with trev to see how many games you want to play! 😉
Lol