a Limit for clan-challanges

a Limit for clan-challanges

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H

Moves
07 Feb 10

Hello,

I think it would be good, when each clanmember have the possibility to take a limit for clanchallanges, like for his own normal challanges. When a leader of a clan don't like this limit, he can take this member out of the club.

I think this would be an advantage, to prevent himself for to many games.

Also a setting for the days timeout in clanchallgnes could be an advantage for the player.

Also every clanleader should see this limits in his own overview of the characters.

In this way there are no disagreements between the leader and his members.

o
Art is hard

Moves
07 Feb 10

I agree, this would be very handy.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
07 Feb 10

Originally posted by Hannilein007
Hello,

I think it would be good, when each clanmember have the possibility to take a limit for clanchallanges, like for his own normal challanges. When a leader of a clan don't like this limit, he can take this member out of the club.

Also a setting for the days timeout i ...[text shortened]... f the characters.

Each clan member can limit his challenges by putting himself unavailable.

If a leader decides a player is not playing enough for the clan he can boot the player.

A good clan leader will know what time controls his troops like and tailor challenges accordingly or refuse challenges.

Can't understand what you are asking for when it is already available?
😕

Moves
07 Feb 10

Originally posted by adramforall

If a leader decides a player is not playing enough for the clan he can boot the player.

A good clan leader will know what time controls his troops like and tailor challenges accordingly or refuse challenges.

😕
once again the voice of reason in site ideas.

H

Moves
07 Feb 10
1 edit

😕
Such possibilities make it much easier for the leader and the members of a clan, because they must not talk about such details. The players just change their settings and the leader see the number of games for each player, which he can take in challanges with one sight 🙂 That is all.
I am old enough and the most players, too, to make there own decisions how many games he will play on this side.

T

Moves
08 Feb 10

Such possibilities make it much easier for the leader and the members of a clan, because they must not talk about such details. The players just change their settings and the leader see the number of games for each player, which he can take in challanges with one sight 🙂 That is all.
I am old enough and the most players, too, to make there own decisions how many games he will play on this side.
A little advice. Don't try and actually explain your idea to adramforall. He'll just post another non-sensical batch of reasons why he does'nt like your idea. In fact if you keep trying to explain he will find new and amazing ways to disagree with you over and over again.

This idea sounds good to me though. Many clan members are hard to talk to if they don't post and don't respond to PM's. This would put the tiny burdern of deciding how many games they want squarly on their backs.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
08 Feb 10

While it may be easier in a way it also creates some added problems.

Will the number of games the player wants to play be reduced to show what games the player is already playing?

Willing to play 20 games, currently playing 12 games, available for 8 more games or will it only show willing to play 20 games?

If a player has multiple clans will the figure be the total clan games they want to play or the games for each individual clan.

Unless a player is shown as unavailable then they may be included in several challenges initiated by other clan leaders.

Would you appreciate taking the time to start say 20 challenges to get them all rejected because a player in each challenge had reached their quota of games, but was not showing as unavailable?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by TSaffle
A little advice. Don't try and actually explain your idea to adramforall. He'll just post another non-sensical batch of reasons why he does'nt like your idea. In fact if you keep trying to explain he will find new and amazing ways to disagree with you over and over again.

This idea sounds good to me though. Many clan members are hard to talk to if they do ...[text shortened]... is would put the tiny burdern of deciding how many games they want squarly on their backs.
A bit harsh, just because I have different ideas to your own. My response to the OP merely showed that the options requested were already available so long as the clan members kept their options up to date.

Have you asked admin to start any "non vacation timeout tournaments yet?

T

Moves
08 Feb 10

A bit harsh, just because I have different ideas to your own. My response to the OP merely showed that the options requested were already available so long as the clan members kept their options up to date.

Have you asked admin to start any "non vacation timeout tournaments yet?
I'm not so sure I'm being harsh here. Your argument above feels exactly like the ones you made in the 'other' thread.

My problem here is that the option he's talking about is not already availible. You can set an overall limit to the games you can play - clans, regular, ect.... And you can choose to make yourself availible or not for play in a specific clan. But you cannot specifically set the number of games you play in each clan.

Understand the difference?

Why expect the clan leader to remember everything perfectly? Better for the player to choose their own limits.

With regards to the 'non-vacation tournament' bit, I thought that by starting a thread in the Site Ideas Forum I was asking them. Or are you saying that if I PM Russ/Admins with all my ideas they are much more likely to happen?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
08 Feb 10

Hello,

Also a setting for the days timeout i ...[text shortened]... f the characters.

Meh, the clan leader should know better than to just pile on a load of games on one player without any communication, and the player should be alert enough to turn off availability once they have enough games.

T

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Meh, the clan leader should know better than to just pile on a load of games on one player without any communication, and the player should be alert enough to turn off availability once they have enough games.
Is that Tiger Woods? lol

Hmmm. The clan leader should know better, but it is a harmless option that may help some regulate games without having to PM each other and whatnot.

I see you are a clan leader SwissG, and I'm trying to take over for The Germans since our leader is awol, how do you keep track of your player's gameload requests? I think I'll have to keep a small notebook where I will have to write down such things.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Feb 10

Is that Tiger Woods? lol

Hmmm. The clan leader should know better, but it is a harmless option that may help some regulate games without having to PM each other and whatnot.

I see you are a clan leader SwissG, and I'm trying to take over for The Germans since our leader is awol, how do you keep track of your player's gameload requests? I think I'll have to keep a small notebook where I will have to write down such things.
My experience as a clan leader has shown me that neither communication nor settings are reliable for regulating gameload. One guy was shocked to discover he suddenly had 18 clan league games - he though the challenge availability switch covered leagues, too [it doesn't]. Another was entered in two leagues, but is clearly overloaded and is timing some of the games out.

And I had posted a thread in our private forums well in advance of the league start dates, asking for players to declare their availability.

Next time, I'll require each team member to PM their confirmation before I put them on the team.

T

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
My experience as a clan leader has shown me that neither communication nor settings are reliable for regulating gameload. One guy was shocked to discover he suddenly had 18 clan league games - he though the challenge availability switch covered leagues, too [it doesn't]. Another was entered in two leagues, but is clearly overloaded and is timing some of ...[text shortened]... xt time, I'll require each team member to PM their confirmation before I put them on the team.
Yeah. If you sign up for league play, or for tournaments you're gonna get a lot of games and that should be no surprise. I don't think that restricting league play is possible since playing more is part of the point - same for tourneys.

I'm finding it very hard to communicate with many other clan members in anything like a timely fasion if at all. If this feature helped regulate plain old clan games - not the other formats - then it could be useful for the casual player and the leader in some ways.

The leaders in the other clans I'm a part of do what you suggest and create clan discussions and PM everyone about availibility. Your requirement is a good idea too.

Moves
09 Feb 10

I'm not so sure I'm being harsh here. Your argument above feels exactly like the ones you made in the 'other' thread.

My problem here is that the option he's talking about is not already available. You can set an overall limit to the games you can play - clans, regular, ect.... And you can choose to make yourself available or not for play in a specific c ...[text shortened]... ou saying that if I PM Russ/Admins with all my ideas they are much more likely to happen?
don't patronize him.

so this idea, would it automatically make you unavailable for challenges when reached or is it up to the clan leader to respect your wish of, lets say 20 clan games even though your available for games?

it's a pointless feature in my opinion, at the moment even if there is no communication between a member and its leader (lame) the clan leader could keep sending the games slowly until the unavailability status pops up... plus lets not forget that peoples wishes for games changes greatly with time. things in life happen that could make any game load request obsolete.

plus who's to say that a person who isn't bothered enough to answer an pm about games will be bothered to fill in such a request? now that we can chose to be available for certain clans over others there really is no need to change anything.

what you guys want here is pretty pointless... certainly not worth the effort it would take in implement it. and especially since there's much more important things that need to be sorted out. rating floors anyone?

the defense rests.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
don't patronize him.

so this idea, would it automatically make you unavailable for challenges when reached or is it up to the clan leader to respect your wish of, lets say 20 clan games even though your available for games?

it's a pointless feature in my opinion, at the moment even if there is no communication between a member and its leader (lame) the e important things that need to be sorted out. rating floors anyone?

the defense rests.
It always amazes me the ones who play the less amount of games yell the loudest about change, that will never actually concern them.

Well done once again! 😛

I do agree with you on the Rating Floors though, long over due!!!