The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why are they weaker? Give an actual argument instead of stubbornly repeating the same falsehoods over and over and over.

[b]Whether you admit it or not, your atheism is so close minded that you will not even allow room for design.

Whether you admit it or not, you have repeatedly demonstrated your extreme close mindedness in refusing to accept that ...[text shortened]... u try to hold on the more of a fool and a despicable liar you look. Your theism is blinding you.[/b]
You reject design.

I reject accident and probability.

Does science have an actual 'valid' option.....no.

Keep guessing. It's laughable.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

So far, in the big bad science forum, there has been nothing but guessing, accidents and maybe's and probabilities.

Not much science at all.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
You reject design.
What makes you say that? As I said, your religion has blinded you so much that you are incapable of hearing anything I say.

I reject accident and probability.
So, if I throw a dice, then you are saying God decides what number it lands on?

Does science have an actual 'valid' option.....no.
Huh? At least try and use English.

Keep guessing. It's laughable.
Yes, you are becoming more and more of a joke in this thread. Your religion is making you into a fool. Seriously, try and read peoples posts instead of running your mouth because you think everyone else is an atheist and therefore anything they say must be wrong.

I am still waiting for an honest response to my questions in earlier posts. I see you intend to simply forget them.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

So far, in the big bad science forum, there has been nothing but guessing, accidents and maybe's and probabilities.

Not much science at all.
Stop lying.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Stop lying.
Other than accident or probability, can you offer a rational explanation of how the moon, sun and earth are positioned where they are?

You cannot. So far, your 'reasons' are much less plausible than design.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

Other than accident or probability, can you offer a rational explanation of how the moon, sun and earth are positioned where they are?
Why do you ask?
If I have no explanation whatsoever, it won't change the fact that your previous post was a blatant lie.

I haven't given any reasons, so that is not surprising.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17
1 edit

So far, your 'reasons' are much less plausible than design.
Your inability to read peoples posts is astounding. Your close mindedness is squeezing all intelligence out of you. You are so desperate to prove design that you cannot see what is right in front of your face.

I have not given any reasons whatsoever for the positions of the moon earth and sun. What I have done is asked you to explain why you think their current locations are special. You have not given any explanation. This is because you don't know. You started this thread because you read something on a creationist website that said that the positions were special and you swallowed it hook line and sinker and ran over here all excited. When it turned out that your source didn't know the first thing about eclipses and neither do you, rather than man up and admit it you are attempting to just play the stubborn fool.

I can accept ignorance, but your dishonesty is despicable.

r

Moves
30 Jan 17

So, if I throw a dice, then you are saying God decides what number it lands on?
"God is not playing at dice"

Couldn't resist 😉

Moves
30 Jan 17

Is your scientific stupidity by accident or design?!

h

Moves
30 Jan 17
2 edits

[b]As far as the sizes and positions of the moon, sun and earth, science has offered nothing in the "how" except for two things: accident or probability. These two options are much weaker in theory than design./b]
No, they are much STRONGER than 'design' here because we have evidence of accidents and probabilities of sizes and positions of such things. We know that many physical processes in nature appear random while at the same time conforming to natural laws, which we also have evidence for, that allow that randomness. In contrast, we have NO evidence that Goddidit.

And why call the proven facts "options"? That implies you think you can reject these facts, which you cannot validly do. So "options" is the totally wrong word here.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Is your scientific stupidity by accident or design?!
You have offered nothing scientific. Just guessing, accidents and probabilities. You don't have a clue how the earth, moon and sun came to be positioned where they are.

Design is far more reasonable than what you "science forum scientists" have offered.

Your only contribution thus far has been Elvis burnt toast.

I rest my case.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by robbebop
"God is not playing at dice"

Couldn't resist 😉
Sure, some people do believe the universe is fully deterministic and others believe it is fully controlled by God. The only problem with the latter view, is any claim that you can see design becomes highly suspect because you should also see design in the roll of a die.
But I would like to know what Chaney believes about dice, but I rather doubt he will say given his behaviour so far and failure to answer most questions.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17
1 edit

I rest my case.
As expected, you run away rather than admit you were wrong. Typical closed minded theist behaviour. Too scared to actually discuss science in a rational manner.
Your faith is weak.

Edit: I am NOT saying that all theists are close minded (although it is remarkably common in the spirituality forum).

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

As expected, you run away rather than admit you were wrong. Typical closed minded theist behaviour. Too scared to actually discuss science in a rational manner.
Your faith is weak.
The roll of dice, or Elvis burnt toast, or coin tosses may have a probabilty factor, but they will not produce life.

Your probabilty exercises are good only on paper, but not worth more in real life.

The outcome of the sun, earth and moon have much more consequence than a "roll of the die".

That's all you have? Burnt toast and dice to explain the cosmos?

Moves
30 Jan 17

You have offered nothing scientific. Just guessing, accidents and probabilities. You don't have a clue how the earth, moon and sun came to be positioned where they are.

Design is far more reasonable than what you "science forum scientists" have offered.

Your only contribution thus far has been Elvis burnt toast.

I rest my case.
The moon exists due to a massive planetary impact when the Earth was still 'young'. (Debris thrown up and formed by the effects of gravity). How does design play a part here?

'Design!' is merely the cry of a weak mind who hasn't even bothered to follow the scientific knowledge that is out there. (Or simply doesn't understand it).