The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by chaney3
The roll of dice, or Elvis burnt toast, or coin tosses may have a probabilty factor, but they will not produce life.
That is not what I asked. Please answer the question you were asked. (and all the other questions I have asked.

Your probabilty exercises are good only on paper, but not worth more in real life.
So you are saying that probability calculations will not work with dice?

That's all you have? Burnt toast and dice to explain the cosmos?
No. What makes you think that? Stop making stuff up about me.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The moon exists due to a massive planetary impact when the Earth was still 'young'. (Debris thrown up and formed by the effects of gravity). How does design play a part here?

'Design!' is merely the cry of a weak mind who hasn't even bothered to follow the scientific knowledge that is out there. (Or simply doesn't understand it).
"Massive planetary impact"?

That just so happened to produce a moon, in just the right position, combined with the sun's exact distance from earth, all in harmony to produce human life? All by accident?

Science is "weak" to believe that. Really weak.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

That's all you have?
False facts, false accusations and lies. That's all you have?
If you came here hoping to convince someone that design could be seen in the moon, you have failed miserably. Instead you have successfully convinced everyone that you are delusional.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

Science is "weak" to believe that. Really weak.
Science doesn't believe. Science is a methodology that makes observations and deduces facts based on those observations.
You on the other hand ignore the facts then make up stuff then when anyone points that out you blame them and say its because they are atheists.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 17

That just so happened to produce a moon, in just the right position, .
You admitted earlier in this thread that you realised you were wrong about that and needed to do some research. Now you repeat it, it is a lie because you know you are making false claims.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
You admitted earlier in this thread that you realised you were wrong about that and needed to do some research. Now you repeat it, it is a lie because you know you are making false claims.
I have not done the research yet, but I am certain that I will be correct.

You claim that if the moon was 100,000 miles closer to earth, it wouldn't mean that much. I say it would.

I am not dodging your questions on purpose, as I am fighting on all fronts here.

Can you please tell me, one at a time, and I will try to answer? If you are willing.

h

Moves
30 Jan 17

The roll of dice, or Elvis burnt toast, or coin tosses may have a probabilty factor, but they will not produce life.
and nobody CLAIMS it does, moron.

h

Moves
30 Jan 17
1 edit

"Massive planetary impact"?

That just so happened to produce a moon, in just the right position, combined with the sun's exact distance from earth, all in harmony to produce human life? All by accident?
Yes, logically, all natural outcomes that could have been different from what they were if initial conditions were even slightly different, are accidents.
So what?
The only mystery with that is exactly which part of that are you too stupid to comprehend.
It would be a huge mystery if there were NO accidents.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Originally posted by humy
and nobody CLAIMS it does, moron.
You apply the same probability to earth, sun and moon, moron.

As well as human life, moron.

Plenty of accidents and coincidence to go around in so called 'science'.

h

Moves
30 Jan 17
1 edit

You apply the same probability to earth, sun and moon, moron.
nope, they are probabilities of different things and have different numerical values. Life starting isn't a face on a toast, moron.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

Yes, logically, all natural outcomes that could have been different from what they were if initial conditions were even slightly different, are accidents.
So what?
The only mystery with that is exactly which part of that are you too stupid to comprehend.
More accidents and guessing on your part.

Design seems more likely now than when I started this thread.

Thank you.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

nope, they are probabilities of different things and have different numerical values. Life starting isn't a face on a toast, moron.
The 'Elvis burnt toast' is not mine, it belongs to Ghost, thankfully.

h

Moves
30 Jan 17

More accidents and guessing on your part.
nope; its the same number of accidents as before and it is not 'guessing' that accidents happen but rather an observation even a halfwit makes.

c

Moves
30 Jan 17

nope; its the same number of accidents as before and it is not 'guessing' that accidents happen but rather an observation even a halfwit makes.
What you don't seem to grasp is the large quantity of accidents that are needed to produce life.

You continue to hold firmly to your accidents, and I will continue to deny your LACK of reason.

h

Moves
30 Jan 17
3 edits

What you don't seem to grasp is the large quantity of accidents that are needed to produce life.
what you don't seem to grasp is the large number of accidents that are needed to produce life should almost inevitably occur somewhere in the vast universe which has many billions, probably many trillions, of Earth-like planets that had the right conditions for life to start. It might be a miracle if life never started anywhere.