1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '21 22:50
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    Yeah, a half million DEAD means nothing. No big deal if you survive but get permanent brain damage or kidney damage, nothing to see here folks, go back to your homes.
    Half million dead because they were not given vitamin d supplements. With vitamin D, that number could have been cut by 3/4.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 20:35
    @eladar said
    Half million dead because they were not given vitamin d supplements. With vitamin D, that number could have been cut by 3/4.
    I don't agree with that statement.
    I can't imagine it's scientifically sound,or even a good estimate
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '21 22:36
    @venda said
    I don't agree with that statement.
    I can't imagine it's scientifically sound,or even a good estimate
    How much do you know?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 07:44
    @eladar said
    How much do you know?
    A better question would be how much do the experts know
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '21
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 10:18
    Maybe covid causes the body to not absorb vit-D and so when they go to the hospital their levels are low?

I think covid is a big over-reaction but I also think the low vit-D levels are caused after you catch the virus.

I do drink a lot of milk though 🤔
    And I go outside every day...
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 13:44
    @eladar said
    So could you please give a source in any (ISI-referred) scientific journal on that bold statement?
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 14:27
    @eladar said
    How much do you know?
    Not much about the core subject,but I do know about statistics.
    My gut feeling about your statement is that it is implausible and if anyone has statistics to support the statement they must be flawed in some way.
    I'm more inclined to think that if you have read this somewhere the statement has been published by somebody marketing vitamin "d" supplement.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 22:201 edit
    @venda said
    Not much about the core subject,but I do know about statistics.
    My gut feeling about your statement is that it is implausible and if anyone has statistics to support the statement they must be flawed in some way.
    I'm more inclined to think that if you have read this somewhere the statement has been published by somebody marketing vitamin "d" supplement.
    You do know that covid does not actually kill people. People die because they have an autoimmune response that kills them.

Vitamin D is a hormone that regulates and calms that autoimmune response.

A Spanish study randomly assigned people who were put into the hospital for covid in 3 different groups. One group was not given high levels of vitamin D, and two were given high doses of vitamin D.

The groups who were given the vitamin D had an 85 percent reduction in being admitted to the ICU in comparison to the group that was not given vitamin D.

None of the people given vitamin D died. It was a small study, but the results speak for themselves.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 07:44
    @eladar said
    You do know that covid does not actually kill people.
    We don't 'know that' because that is false because covid is the disease itself the virus causes so, regardless of whether it can do so indirectly, it CAN kill you!
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 23:00
    @humy said
    We don't 'know that' because that is false because covid is the disease itself the virus causes so, regardless of whether it can do so indirectly, it CAN kill you!
    Yes we do know that. Deaths occur to due an autoimmune reaction.

Read up on it. Perhaps you do not know that, but it is known.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '21 23:06
    Venda,

How much money are the vaccine makers making? Anything close to how much vitamin D makers would make if people started taking responsibility of increasing their own immune system?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 08:241 edit
    @eladar said
    Yes we do know that. Deaths occur to due an autoimmune reaction.

Read up on it. Perhaps you do not know that, but it is known.
    Sorry but I HAVE already looked it up and that is NOT known.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/how-does-coronavirus-kill-clinicians-trace-ferocious-rampage-through-body-brain-toes
    "...Despite the more than 1000 papers now spilling into journals and onto preprint servers every week, a clear picture is elusive, as the virus acts like no pathogen humanity has ever seen.
    ...Without larger, prospective controlled studies that are only now being launched, scientists must pull information from small studies and case reports, often published at warp speed and not yet peer reviewed. “We need to keep a very open mind as this phenomenon goes forward,” says Nancy Reau, a liver transplant physician who has been treating COVID-19 patients at Rush University Medical Center. “We are still learning.
    “There seems to have been a quick move to associate COVID-19 with these hyperinflammatory states. I haven’t really seen convincing data that that is the case,” says Joseph Levitt, a pulmonary critical care physician at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
    Meanwhile, other scientists are zeroing in on an entirely different organ system that they say is driving some patients’ rapid deterioration: the heart and blood vessels.
    ..."

To cut a long story short, the studies have so far haven't told us exactly how the virus kills and there are conflicting theories amongst the experts with some thinking its an autoimmune reaction that kills while many others not convinced because the evidence for an autoimmune reaction is actually pretty poor and inconclusive; Its too early to tell.
    So, you are wrong; its NOT known that "Deaths occur to due an autoimmune reaction".

To read more on that;
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01056-7
    "...How does COVID-19 kill? Uncertainty over whether it is the virus itself — or the response by a person’s immune system — that ultimately overwhelms a patient’s organs, is making it difficult for doctors to determine the best way to treat patients who are critically ill with the coronavirus.

Clinical data suggest that the immune system plays a part in the decline and death of people infected with the new coronavirus, and this has spurred a push for treatments such as steroids that rein in that immune response. But some of these treatments act broadly to suppress the immune system, stoking fears that they could actually hamper the body’s ability to keep the viral infection in check.
    ..."
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 23:16
    @humy
    So in other words, you believe in fake news.

The fact is that even your evidence states that it is the immune system that is out of whack that causes deaths. The only question is how it is done.

In fact, it does not matter how it is done. The fact is that we only need to calm the immune system and strengthen it, which means vitamin D.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 18:39
    @Eladar
    You are a one horse play here, stuck on D when there are other ways to control the immune system.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 23:37
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    You are a one horse play here, stuck on D when there are other ways to control the immune system.
    Considering if people had good vitamin D levels, at least one half, but more likely 3/4 of the covid deaths could have been avoided.

Do you know your actual vitamin D levels?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree