How Creationists date rocks and fossils

How Creationists date rocks and fossils

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
What RJHinds doesn't understand is that it is impossible to recruit new members to a church, a congregation, or to the christian beliefs at a whole, if you meet them with insults and über-mensch mentality and give this as a first new impression to the new-comers. Only masochists would return again. Hence bad ambassador-ship for his beliefs in particular a ...[text shortened]... . Let's meet the trolls at Spiritual Forum instead, where religious matters should be discussed.
agreed.

Über-Nerd

Moves
28 May 14

RJH: "Evolution and billions of years are just fairy tale lies meant to tickle the ears of atheists."

The Vatican has accepted that evolution really happened. Are you calling the Pope an atheist?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by moonbus
RJH: "Evolution and billions of years are just fairy tale lies meant to tickle the ears of atheists."

The Vatican has accepted that evolution really happened. Are you calling the Pope an atheist?
He would just reply 'well then, Catholics are not really Christian'.

F

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
He would just reply 'well then, Catholics are not really Christian'.
He has said it before. Further he thinks that non-creationists cannot be christians.
And this leaves us that the christian religion is a very small fraction in the world, a very small minority.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
People that are not geologists have been finding oil for a long time by accidents even. There are no need to believe in evolution or billions of years to discover anything of importance in the world. Evolution and billions of years are just fairy tale lies meant to tickle the ears of atheists.
Oil exploration is pretty technological. They don't just drill a hole and hope blind chance does them a favour. As far as the billions of years of our old universe theory are concerned - you have to explain away how we can measure distances to about 10,000 light years using parallax, and the light from those stars has reached us and shouldn't have if the universe only started 6,000 years ago.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 May 14

The Pope is a theologian and doesn't understand evolution like I do.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 May 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Oil exploration is pretty technological. They don't just drill a hole and hope blind chance does them a favour. As far as the billions of years of our old universe theory are concerned - you have to explain away how we can measure distances to about 10,000 light years using parallax, and the light from those stars has reached us and shouldn't have if the universe only started 6,000 years ago.
Like I said before, oil was being found before the technoligy of today came along. Evolution never had anything to do with finding oil.

Why do I have to explain light travel when there are several theories that explain it already?

Moves
29 May 14

I don't remember.
Memory is the second thing to go.

I don't remember what the first thing is.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 May 14

Light Speed and Other Puzzling Data That May Support a Recent Creation

Declining speed of Light

Speed of Light and planck's constant inversely related

Atomic clock slowing compared with orbital time

http://www.wnd.com/2004/07/25852/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0905/0905.3966.pdf

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
He has said it before. Further he thinks that non-creationists cannot be christians.
And this leaves us that the christian religion is a very small fraction in the world, a very small minority.
The mainstream Christian position _is_ creationist in the sense that it maintains that God created the universe, God got life started, and God's hand guided the process of evolution: human's bodies evolved from other forms of life, and at some point in time (the Vatican does not commit itself to thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions of years ago), soul-less beings _like_ ourselves became ensouled--and _that_ is when Biblical history begins. The mainstream position specifically rejects the young earth hypothesis, and asserts that the story in Genesis is figurative, not literal, history; that is, it was written in a language understandable to people who had a much less 'evolved' understanding of natural processes than we have and was/is therefore suitable for the _moral_ purpose at hand. The position is consistent with what we observe of the natural world. You either accept the moral purpose or you don't, but at least it does not obviously fail by requiring belief in utter nonsense.

As we have seen at this forum, the attempt to make literal history out of the account in Genesis requires mental contortions on a scale which borders on insanity: the ages of rocks and starlight, for example, can be telescoped into a 6,000 year time frame only if one assumes that God is deceiving us on a cosmic scale. If you accept that rocks and starlight from distant quasars were created only 6,000 years ago, then you might as well claim that God created the universe just this very morning, including fictitious memories of last night.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 14
1 edit

The Pope is a theologian and doesn't understand evolution like I do.
Given things you've posted before, I half-suspected you might say that.

The Pope is infallible (on matters of doctrine) for it is the Holy Ghost who speaks through him. Your claim to know better than the Holy Ghost is so far beyond "ego-mania" that it beggars the imagination. One can only drop off the prefix in your case.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 May 14
1 edit

Given things you've posted before, I half-suspected you might say that.

The Pope is infallible (on matters of doctrine) for it is the Holy Ghost who speaks through him. Your claim to know better than the Holy Ghost is so far beyond "ego-mania" that it beggars the imagination. One can only drop off the prefix in your case.
When did God say anything about speaking through the Pope? There is nothing about that in the Holy Bible. The Pope is voted into office by the Roman Church and that is how he got his authority. Many Christians, like myself, do not recognize his authority over all Christians, because Christ alone is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ.

This is getting off topic, so why don't we get back to discussing the science that supports the two theories?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 14

When did God say anything about speaking through the Pope? There is nothing about that in the Holy Bible. The Pope is voted into office by the Roman Church and that is how he got his authority. Many Christians, like myself, do not recognize his authority over all Christians, because Christ alone is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ.

T ...[text shortened]... ng off topic, so why don't we get back to discussing the science that supports the two theories?
Two theories, that's a joke. There is one theory that has held up for 200 years, it's called evolution. That other thing you THINK is a theory is total supposition, totally man made ancient Egyptian mythology cherry picked into Judaism and swallowed hook line and sinker by Christians.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 May 14

Light Speed and Other Puzzling Data That May Support a Recent Creation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKgXe72_Kbk

Declining speed of Light

Speed of Light and planck's constant inversely related

Atomic clock slowing compared with orbital time

http://www.wnd.com/2004/07/25852/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0905/0905.3966.pdf
You need the speed of light to be infinite outside the solar system. We would notice lensing effects. Simply put your model breaks known laws of physics. It disagrees with basic observations.

I looked at your third reference. That paper proves nothing.

h

Moves
29 May 14
5 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
You need the speed of light to be infinite outside the solar system. We would notice lensing effects. Simply put your model breaks known laws of physics. It disagrees with basic observations.

I looked at your third reference. That paper proves nothing.
He does say a vast load of crap in his posts. That is why I have long stopped reading any of his vast number of endless constant stream of moronic posts (by blocking them ) . He is just a gigantic tolling condescending moronic arrogant delusional never-ending time waster without a single redeeming quality. You can debunk all his stupid posts until you are blue in the face but it would do no good whatsoever for the moron will just endlessly repeat the same vast load of long-debunked crap again and again. He should be banned from this forum partly because of this but not banned from the Spirituality forum because that is so full of crap anyway that adding more crap there won't make much difference! You cannot reason with a moron. As I say, he is just a massive time waster.