1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 03:12
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Access to healthcare has improved for the poor due to the ACA with some states being exceptions. Are deaths rates for black people worse in Texas?

https://www.texasobserver.org/rick-perrys-refusal-to-expand-texas-medicaid-program-could-result-in-thousands-of-deaths/

We know black people are dying more than white people from SARS2. Why? Some races are more susceptible to certain viruses than others. Igor Nikulin mentioned how black natives in Madagascar were dying from a virus while Europeans were largely unaffected.

Bill Gates openly says he wants to limit population growth in Africa. Funny how he only wants to limit the population of black people. People don't want to talk about project coast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Coast

Igor Nikulin also says Ebola is man made. Is it really so extreme to take him seriously? Elitists are often racists. Why are people so quick to blame everything but a race specific virus? It doesn't have to be man made to be race specific. They exist in nature. No conspiracy is even needed to explain it, so why the resistance to the idea?

Why did a virus in Madagascar kill a lot of black people but not Europeans? Did Igor Nikulin make it up? Even a conspiracy theorist can get facts right sometimes.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 03:291 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Access to healthcare has improved for the poor due to the ACA with some states being exceptions. Are deaths rates for black people worse in Texas?

https://www.texasobserver.org/rick-perrys-refusal-to-expand-texas-medicaid-program-could-result-in-thousands-of-deaths/

We know black people are dying more than white people from SARS2. Why? Some races are more susceptibl ...[text shortened]... ot Europeans? Did Igor Nikulin make it up? Even a conspiracy theorist can get facts right sometimes.
    One thing I'm curious about is whether the ACE2 protein on cells is highly conserved or not. If there is some variation in it then it might be expected that people with some variants of ACE2 would be more susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 than others. Since different populations (i.e. races) have different frequencies of genes it's not out of the question that black people are more likely to have a variant of the protein that the virus binds to more easily. However, there's no evidence for this that I'm aware of, it's only a theoretical possibility. So really we need to see, first if there's any variation at all in the ACE2 protein and, if there is, whether there's any clinical evidence that this variation has any effect on susceptibility to the virus.

Edit: I had a quick look at the Wikipedia page, it doesn't say, but does mention that the corresponding gene is on the X chromosome, which implies that there is variation as it would explain why women are less likely to die of the virus than men.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 17:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 22:28
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928164

This is alarming on several fronts. Why African Americans dying so much more than whites, what is going on? I hope the docs figure this one out, although Trump will probably be dancing in the oval office.
    People in Compton are refusing to stay home and the businesses down there won't shut down voluntarily. The CA National Guard is down there now I believe to enforce a lockdown! The rest of LA is free to roam but most businesses are closed. Restaurants are take out and drive through only.

YouTube : Vlad TV Mob James Nat'l ...
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 22:42
    @AThousandYoung

It is important for them to do what they want.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '20 23:39
    @Eladar
    So you get your black population to go way down. Great for racists like you.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 00:011 edit
    @sonhouse

What are you talking about?

Your abortion centers terminate way more black lives than this virus. Besides I was just pointing out their attitude.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 06:302 edits
    @eladar said

It is important for them to do what they want.
    I take it "do what they want" here includes first catch a dangerous disease via contact with the infected and then help spread it to also possibly kill yet more other people?
    We in more normal times have laws that prevent some people doing "what they want" such as laws against them committing murder, theft etc. So why would it be wrong to extends some of those laws for these times?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 07:04
    @humy

Do what they want means do what they want. They might get sick, they might not.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 08:21
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    What is your source of information?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 11:351 edit
    Any poor person in Illinois can get access to healthcare if they apply for it. Perhaps our government should be honest about SARS2 affecting different races differently and make their updated data available.

https://www.healthinsurance.org/illinois-medicaid/

Michigan also expanded medicaid.

https://www.ibtimes.com/data-suggests-coronavirus-disproportionately-affecting-black-communities-us-2952243
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 20:441 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    It seems to boil down to black and brown skin folks just not getting the right care for obesity, diabetes and respiratory diseases in the poor sections of the country.

I think that will be born out in Africa where some or most countries there with not much in the way of hospitals so no ICU's so the deaths there will be horrific.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 20:50
    @sonhouse

Much better consistant UVB near the equator. Funny how different zones of the earth are more appropriate for different skin colors.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 23:20
    @Eladar
    What do you mean MY abortion centers? We never aborted anyone, not anyone in our family.
    But we don't castigate those who do unlike you who love to be judge, jury and executioner.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 23:28
    @sonhouse
    The abortion centers you support and believe in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree