Minus Apples

Minus Apples

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
How much did you pay for these minus five apples? Minus 2 dollars?
I used my charge card which had zero balance. Yes they cost minus 2 dollars each.

G.

F

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by smw6869
Yes they cost minus 2 dollars each.

G.
Why didn't you buy a lot of more minus apples? I would be rather welthy if I bought a few millions of these apples, and be charged minus 2 dollars each.

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
02 Nov 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Why didn't you buy a lot of more minus apples? I would be rather welthy if I bought a few millions of these apples, and be charged minus 2 dollars each.
Yes, you are correct. I've done this transaction twice so far and now have 20 bucks balance on my credit card whereas i had zero balance to start. Let's keep this scam between the two of us. This is like turning lead into gold.

Granny

E

Moves
03 Nov 07

I go to an apple store and order minus five apples. The store owner hands me a bag of something and i go home. I open the bag and dump out the contents. What comes out of the bag? If it's nothing, shouldn't the apple guy have to refund my money or should he have paid ME for the minus apples, and why didn't i order 100 minus apples thereby making it a capitalist's dream?

Granny
youre getting ripped off, youre paying him to give him five apples

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Nov 07

The manager at my local apple store is wise to you guys! He offered me this deal;

"take as many apples of what type you want but tomorrow you must give me back that number squared"

I said sure - told him what apples I wanted and came out ahead the next day. How come?

s
Granny

Parts Unknown

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by wolfgang59
The manager at my local apple store is wise to you guys! He offered me this deal;

"take as many apples of what type you want but tomorrow you must give me back that number squared"

I said sure - told him what apples I wanted and came out ahead the next day. How come?
You took i apples and gave him back minus one ^2 apples the next day.
No, that can't be right.........

Granny.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
04 Nov 07

You cut them into square shapes and made applesauce with the clippings.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Nov 07

You took i apples and gave him back minus one ^2 apples the next day.
No, that can't be right.........

Granny.
Granny is right

I took an imaginary apple - (made imaginary apple sauce with it.)

Next day I had to give him a minus apple - so I took a real apple and made real apple sauce.

Those of you that disagree with this solution have no imagination.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Nov 07

Granny is right

I took an imaginary apple - (made imaginary apple sauce with it.)

Next day I had to give him a minus apple - so I took a real apple and made real apple sauce.

Those of you that disagree with this solution have no imagination.
Why stop at one imaginary apple? Stop dozing and get a dozen dozens!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 Nov 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Why stop at one imaginary apple? Stop dozing and get a dozen dozens!
That would be grossly greedy! 😀