whats your response to d4?

whats your response to d4?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
01 Jun 06
1 edit

Nf6 and then I tend to play: Benoni, Budapest Gambit, King Indian, Queen Indian or NimzoIndian ...

j

Simmesport, LA, USA

Moves
01 Jun 06

I exclusively play the King's Indian Defence against d4. Makes for a fun game usually.

TSD
The 3rd Coming

London

Moves
01 Jun 06

I didn't see a single Dutch response, why not.

I'm currently experiementing with the Dutch for the first time. Seems to lead to interesting games (if nothing else).

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
01 Jun 06

Why not play a little Tango?

1. d4 Nf6
2. c4 Nc6!?

C

Moves
02 Jun 06

Yeah, I'm thinking about going back to the Black Knight's Tango.

B

Moo

Moves
02 Jun 06

DUTCH STONEWALL DEFENSE. I like it. Its a rather solid defense and its not slow.

e

Moves
02 Jun 06

I considered the Tango for a long time but decided against it because of the stale Bogo Indian transposition. How do you deal with that?

d

Moves
02 Jun 06

Originally posted by The Swine Down Hope

I'm currently experiementing with the Dutch for the first time. Seems to lead to interesting games (if nothing else).
Ahem.

Then get a pair of effing glasses.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the post made by Nordlys some pages before.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
02 Jun 06
1 edit

Originally posted by exigentsky
I considered the Tango for a long time but decided against it because of the stale Bogo Indian transposition. How do you deal with that?
Well, there a couple different ways for white to reach a Bogo sort of set-up, so I will just go through one to show you what the themes are, but sometimes you just have to accept a Bogo, no bones about it. What's wrong with a good ole' fashion Bogo anyway? A common plan in Bogo positions is to play ..d6 and ..e5, and maybe ..f5, looking to start play on the kingside. These lines are excellent. The other lines in the Tango are so fun that having to play something a little duller(but not really that dull) every now and then is worth it. So after:

1. d4 Nf6
2. c4 Nc6!?
3. Nf3 e6

We can look at 4. e3 to check out the structure and ideas for a Bogo-type position.

4. e3 Bb4+
5. Bd2

Against 5. Nbd2, play can play ..0-0, ..d6, and prepare ..e5 etc...with a good, but interesting game ahead. Notice how he trades off his dark squared bishop then puts all his pawns on dark squares.

5.. Bxd2+
6. Qxd2 d6
7. Nc3 0-0
8. Be2 e5
9. 0-0 Bg4!?

This moves tempts white into playing d5, closing the center. Black can then go about freeing his f-pawn with Nd7 and playing on the kingside. Anyway exigentsky, I recommend checking out the somewhat new book on the Tango, Tango! by Richard Palliser. Great book, alot of new ideas for Black, and overall very well written, with the plans and ideas covered before every chapter. 🙂

d

Moves
03 Jun 06

I thing that you have to choose an opening that fit your style of game, see some games of openings (More of them are at this post) maby play some blitz or friendly games whith friends or with computer (it is a good choice when we learning openings) and make you decision.

KS

Palmerston North

Moves
03 Jun 06

I think you should reply with a Oueen Pawn opening and think on your own postion. In my mind d5 could reply well, sort of a mirriored Ruy Lopez

SS

Moves
03 Jun 06

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
04 Jun 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Recently I'm taking a liking to the Nimzo/Bogo Indian, think I'll stick with it and try improve my knowledge of it.[/b]
What do you play against e4?

Do you live up to your screen name?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by The Swine Down Hope
See page 1, third post from the bottom.

SS

Moves
05 Jun 06