Skeeter has gone.

Skeeter has gone.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by utherpendragon
That is incorrect. page 4 Thread 144204
Skeeter threw the first stone (unprovoked) and then continued with it relentlessly.She brought it upon herself.
That's way too late. This all started back in July of last year ( I think with the SC jest comment alluded to ). Apparently Skeeter had magic. You've never liked magic have you Uther. The sooner Arthur takes over the better.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
That's way too late. This all started back in July of last year ( I think with the SC jest comment alluded to ). Apparently Skeeter had magic. You've never liked magic have you Uther. The sooner Arthur takes over the better.
I understand that thaughbaer.
But the reason for the ban apparently, was for her recent conduct in the thread that I mentioned,starting with page four. Any conversations between them last July has no bearing on this

SC was not involved in that thread at all until she implied that his can had several "born again" players in it. In other words, previously banned players. AND that SC was aware of it.

She continued to goad him and then set her sites on one player in particular. She continued on to harass him relentlessly. SC had every right to defend himself and the players in his clan.

The only one out of line here was skeeter. She brought it upon herself.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Jan 12

I understand that thaughbaer.
But the reason for the ban apparently, was for her recent conduct in the thread that I mentioned,starting with page four. Any conversations between them last July has no bearing on this

SC was not involved in that thread at all until she implied that his can had several "born again" players in it. In other words, pre ...[text shortened]... layers in his clan.

The only one out of line here was skeeter. She brought it upon herself.
The immediate reason for the ban yes. But Skeeter had history with many people on here. Taking that thread in isolation does not paint an accurate picture. For instance not only are you King of Camelot, you were also in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Is there no end to your lust for blood ?

Hy-Brasil

Moves
05 Jan 12

The immediate reason for the ban yes. But Skeeter had history with many people on here. Taking that thread in isolation does not paint an accurate picture. For instance not only are you King of Camelot, you were also in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Is there no end to your lust for blood ?
LOL! Indeed. You also appeared in the movie Willow, Airk.

e4

Moves
05 Jan 12

I was replying to the post about about how we know Skeets was a lady.

Skeets was warned a few months after July 2011 that she must calm down.

It was her thread in the Clan Forum that finally did it.
(even though the Clan Forum clearly states: Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans....)
Apparently the tender and fragile souls she was aiming at this time forgot
to read that bit.

She perhaps took the taunting bit too far, especially after her warning.
but I've seen worse.

Personally I think the snide remarks about her sex (which still continue)
were far worse than anything she ever posted in retaliation.

MR

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Happy now?

This place is never going to be the same.

There is a strong possibility it was for persitant forum abuse.
She just would not let the Ironman thing go.

I miss her already.
Skeeter who? 😉

t

Moves
05 Jan 12

That's the spirit. Now call him "non-sub scum" and your tribute is complete.
had to smile about that one 🙂

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
05 Jan 12

LOL! Indeed. You also appeared in the movie Willow, Airk.
Finally after all these years someone has recognised me. I'm filling up Uther.. hold me.

S

Moves
05 Jan 12

I don't think any content should be censored in these or any forums. I think we should be able to post whatever we like about each other on these boards without fear of punishment or bannings. If you don't like what is being said, don't come here.

I begrudginly accept that the rules here are different.

S

Moves
05 Jan 12

In other words - UNBAN SKEETER!!!!!!!

m

In attack

Moves
05 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by SmittyTime
In other words - UNBAN SKEETER!!!!!!!
Even if they did, would she want to come back? Not just a case of hurt pride, but also a case of becoming a "returning" player, an idea she is so vehemently against. 😉

u
semper fi

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by morgski
Even if they did, would she want to come back? Not just a case of hurt pride, but also a case of becoming a "returning" player, an idea she is so vehemently against. 😉
She would come back. She stayed on the site even though she was banned from the forums for 3 years or so. Its crap that she is banned. I shared her opinion of the previously banned player in Metallica, but she took it to another level. The site probably got sick of Metallica complaining and banned her just to get them off their back. She has done way worse than finding out who was banned or who is bankrupt. I understand why they banned her (her track record with the SA wasn't good).

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by usmc7257
She would come back. She stayed on the site even though she was banned from the forums for 3 years or so. Its crap that she is banned. I shared her opinion of the previously banned player in Metallica, but she took it to another level. The site probably got sick of Metallica complaining and banned her just to get them off their back. She has done way worse ...[text shortened]... r who is bankrupt. I understand why they banned her (her track record with the SA wasn't good).
I disagree that it is crap skeeter was banned. She was a major bully who thought she
was bigger than the system.
She was told she was wrong, and she persisted.
We went through the proper channels and proved our case.
She was warned by the admins and still continued.
She called the hand and she found out she didn't have the goods.
Plain and simple.

Why should these fora be run any differently that the real world?
If you commit slander or libel, are you not subjected to fines and or jail time?
If anarchy was the rule in here, there fora would crash and burn.
You would have a few savages who would fight amongst themselves for the scraps,
but the rest would move on.

It is funny to hear people say, "if you don't like the fora, don't go there."
This is a very true statement.
Not going there, however, does not stop the persecution.

skeeter got what she deserved. The rules of the TOS are clear.
She knew the rules, she broke them, now she pays for it.

t

Moves
05 Jan 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I still fail to see what relevance that has to you buying a subscription?
Well, for me that story makes a difference, as I am always thinking about a subscription and so far postponed it (mainly being afraid of doing too many games...).

But this treatment of Skeeter vs treatment of certain obvious engine users is something I find extremely demotivating.

It is clear now, that she was not banned for engine use. She was banned for forum abuse. There are certain rules, she broke them repeatedly and got banned. Jesus wept.

But knowing the circumstances, I am sad about it. There is a bunch of people that should be banned, who aren't. Even more sad, IF they would have been banned, Skeeter wouldn't have been banned now for forum abuse (it might only have postponed it by a month or so...).

Playing chess is not the only reason for me to spend the money for a subscription - it is the community as well. There is a bunch of people (roughly a dozen, actually) whos posts I never skip - because they teach something or show a sense of respect or simply humor and intellect. Now there is one less...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jan 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
While you're sharing, how about giving us the name of the game mod involved?