Russ, do you protect people from banning?

Russ, do you protect people from banning?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
05 Mar 08

There's always been a fine balance between quick action and the risk af banning innocent players. I believe it worked well when the game moderators excisted although we found that in several cases the time from the evidence presented to the actual banning was way too long...

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by adam warlock
It doesn't happen. Kasparov, Capablanca, Kramnik and all the other ones chess players don't play like engines. So how come little Joe Schmo can accomplish it? Playing consistently as an engine means that you are an engine.
Very true.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by cludi
There's always been a fine balance between quick action and the risk af banning innocent players. I believe it worked well when the game moderators excisted although we found that in several cases the time from the evidence presented to the actual banning was way too long...
Word up.

A

Amsterdam

Moves
05 Mar 08

Very true..

This is way too long..

That's why the rumours started spreading I guess..

And when those rumours are there, Site Admins should deal with that quickly..

Either to state that the evidence was not sufficient and protect an innocent player.. or to apply the rules when evidence is sufficient..

To remain silent is not benefitting any party involved..

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn

That's why the rumours started spreading I guess..

I'm not so sure about that...

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Either to state that the evidence was not sufficient and protect an innocent player.. or to apply the rules when evidence is sufficient..

To remain silent is not benefitting any party involved..
I agree!

JE

Moves
05 Mar 08

Why do you think they are spreading?

A

Amsterdam

Moves
05 Mar 08

Ok, I can not judge that, I haven't been there from the beginning..
Only heard about it by the end of February.. so for me it started when the rumour was already there..

Still I think it's needed that Site Admins open up on the case:

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Jake Ellison
Why do you think they are spreading?
It's not a question of why, but a question of how!

JE

Moves
05 Mar 08

It's not a question of why, but a question of how!
Because direct accusations are banned?

Moves
05 Mar 08

I have played in a number of games where a player suddenly seems to be playing at a much higher skill level. Not necessarily by using an engine, but I felt maybe a better player had taken over the game.

Is this acceptable or is it also regarded as cheating ?

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by kingcolemk
I have played in a number of games where a player suddenly seems to be playing at a much higher skill level. Not necessarily by using an engine, but I felt maybe a better player had taken over the game.

That would be cheating, but if there is no engine involved, impossible to proof.

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
05 Mar 08

It is cheating if indeed true. But most likely what happens is that the other guy realised he's in a tough spot and wised up. It happens to all of us. A couple of bad moves and then it hit us. So now it's time to play real hard and try to make the best of it.

Back to basics

About

Moves
05 Mar 08

I've had games where I was so drunk I couldn't remember moving in them the next day, and I've had games where I spent more than an hour on a single move. For an opponents view that hardly seems like the same guy.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
05 Mar 08
1 edit

Well this is ironic...