RHP Championship 2014

RHP Championship 2014

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 May 14
1 edit

This is my most memorable championship game. I had made it to round 2 and this game was the difference between making the finals or being the runner-up in the group.

I'm black.

Game 9375787

Mozart

liverpool

Moves
20 May 14

I just dont get the reason why certain players are using these engines. Its not the player that is winning the game, its the machine. So were do they get the pleasure in victory from.

P.S. I wont be in the championship, but good luck to all who are in it (apart from engine users).

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 May 14

Originally posted by steve45
I just dont get the reason why certain players are using these engines. Its not the player that is winning the game, its the machine. So were do they get the pleasure in victory from.

P.S. I wont be in the championship, but good luck to all who are in it (apart from engine users).
From being thought of as a good player. From the thrill of playing other people for a fool. For the experience of what it is like to be a strong player in general.

I'm not saying it's right; I'm just saying it's not hard to think of reasons why people might cheat.

Georgia, USA

Moves
21 May 14

OK.

Just signed up.

Coming off a bit of a slump, but ready to mix things up a bit.

Good luck to all participants.

e4

Moves
21 May 14

"..... it's not hard to think of reasons why people might cheat."

To keep their name off the blog. 🙂

I am 100% certain I'll have some of the dafest mates you have ever seen.

"The blunders are all there just waiting to be made." - Tartakwer.

C
Duck

water

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

For the engine user, it's not so much about wining as it is about not losing.🙄

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
23 May 14

Commiserations to all those in groups 4 and 60

gl to everyone, enjoy! 🙂

S

Moves
23 May 14

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
Commiserations to all those in groups 4 and 60

gl to everyone, enjoy! 🙂
Thanks, I'll just muddle my way along as I always do, I'll say hello to my opponents and just try to enjoy the games win or lose, hopefully I will learn something from this tournament from the more proficient players than I am of which there are many.

Enjoy everyone.

Willy.....

Georgia, USA

Moves
23 May 14

Well, it's on!

I like to say "Good luck!" to all my opponents when a game commences.

To save precious internet bits, let me do so here for all 18 games just started...

Good luck!

C
Duck

water

Moves
23 May 14

Best of luck to all

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Won my group 🙂

This means more opportunities for blunders!
Hopefully no more missed mates in one though 😲

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
10 Jul 14

I think for some of them they regard this site as a role playing arena, they aren't here to play chess but something more akin to dungeons and dragons.

C
Duck

water

Moves
15 Jul 14

Made 3rd in group 2. Up until I lost a few key games I felt like I had a chance to make the 2 round. Good Games all around.

e4

Moves
15 Jul 14

"......dungeons and dragons."

........or Tunnels and Trolls. 🙂

(how many of you remember that RPG?)

Looks I'm going to tie for top in my section.
Round 2 is the no more cheapo's round, I never get past Rd.2.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
15 Jul 14

What happens in the event of a tie ? Both through or some kind of countback or playoff ?