Obsession with cheating

Obsession with cheating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Revolution -> Counter-revolution
Espionage -> Counter-espionage
Obsession -> Counter-Obsession

It looked like it was back to the Salem Witch Trials only lacking the paraphernalia used to dispense "justice" in those days.
Shhhhhh! You'll be giving some people ideas!

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Jie
It looked like it was back to the Salem Witch Trials only lacking the paraphernalia used to dispense "justice" in those days.
No comparison whatsoever.

Bla bla bla

Moves
19 Jul 08

people that cheat are not even playing chess anymore.

k

Out To Lunch

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Ya, how would you suggest we help our friend who has nothing to do until September. I'm sure he reads other stuff but he needs to read chess as well and get over his dangerous obsession with cheating.
Why don't you stop making sad attempts to insult people you know nothing about? First of all, why don't you just let it go? Why do you care what we think? If we want to put down cheaters, we should be able to go ahead and do so, and if we want to cheat, let us be. If you don't want to be influenced by cheaters, why did you even join this site? Why don't you and your bad grammar go find some other forum to flame on, because this is a site of respect and proper grammar. We are here to play chess and socialize, and our agendas are none of your concern.

-K

P.S. To anybody Jie put down, Phlabibit, Squelchbelch for example; I am very sorry that you deal with this oh so often. People need to learn to respect those that they have never even met, and I will support you guys and your opinions over those that disrespect total strangers.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Jul 08

I don't why anybody bothers to respond to this troll; in all likelihood he's just a second account of a previously banned cheat. Why else would someone join a chess site and immediately start bitching and moaning about efforts to identify cheats?

k

Out To Lunch

Moves
20 Jul 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't why anybody bothers to respond to this troll; in all likelihood he's just a second account of a previously banned cheat. Why else would someone join a chess site and immediately start bitching and moaning about efforts to identify cheats?
Agreed, I shouldn't have even bothered.

J

benching

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by kfennessy
Agreed, I shouldn't have even bothered.
So you missed No1marauder putting down a guy leaving the site without an internet connection as "good riddance". Or No1Marauder can get away with murder because he is in fact the No1 Marauder. Perhaps that should be No1 murderer?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
So you missed No1marauder putting down a guy leaving the site without an internet connection as "good riddance". Or No1Marauder can get away with murder because he is in fact the No1 Marauder. Perhaps that should be No1 murderer?
That's just the way no1 is. He is overtly hostile to everyone. Maybe he thinks everyone except him is a cheat? It's possible, he only knows about himslef with absolute certainty. The "Good riddance" thing is sort of his trade mark. If I left an "I'm leaving message on the forums and he didn't say "Good riddance" I would be disappointed.

J

benching

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by Kepler
That's just the way no1 is. He is overtly hostile to everyone. Maybe he thinks everyone except him is a cheat? It's possible, he only knows about himslef with absolute certainty. The "Good riddance" thing is sort of his trade mark. If I left an "I'm leaving message on the forums and he didn't say "Good riddance" I would be disappointed.
He must be some sort of devil-incarnate then. He should learn to shut his trap once in a while especially when people are going through hard times.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
He must be some sort of devil-incarnate then. He should learn to shut his trap once in a while especially when people are going through hard times.
So what engine did you use on your previous account? I don't use engines and don't even think anyone with an engine ever played me. I would be happy to play you over a real board, then I could figure out whether you are just another blowhard with a nice program or a real player.

J

benching

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
So what engine did you use on your previous account? I don't use engines and don't even think anyone with an engine ever played me. I would be happy to play you over a real board, then I could figure out whether you are just another blowhard with a nice program or a real player.
Does it mean people starting to play chess must be someone banned before? So Sergey Karjakin who beat Nigel Short for example must be Kasparov or Fischer reincarnated? I'm a weak player so it does not mean I will beat the top players here (or the top 1000).

I was reading the forum for a while and enjoy taking the cr@p out of big time charlies like No1Murderer so i joined.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Jie
Does it mean people starting to play chess must be someone banned before? So Sergey Karjakin who beat Nigel Short for example must be Kasparov or Fischer reincarnated? I'm a weak player so it does not mean I will beat the top players here (or the top 1000).

I was reading the forum for a while and enjoy taking the cr@p out of big time charlies like No1Murderer so i joined.
selecting a common chinese name for a handle, a chinese flag, putting crappy translated chinese proverbs in your profile, then getting caught of not being chinese. all of that points to deliberate, premeditated effort to create a cover.

then you start complaining and obsessing about 'unfair treatment' of cheaters from day one.

it's pretty funny how every single time someone gets banned, a guy like you miraculously appears. what a coincidence. and I also bet each one of those guys think they're the first one ever to get this 'clever' idea.

J

benching

Moves
22 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by wormwood
selecting a common chinese name for a handle, a chinese flag, putting crappy translated chinese proverbs in your profile, then getting caught of not being chinese. all of that points to deliberate, premeditated effort to create a cover.

then you start complaining and obsessing about 'unfair treatment' of cheaters from day one.

it's pretty fun ...[text shortened]... each one of those guys think they're the first one ever to get this 'clever' idea.
I have not complained about "unfair treatment of cheaters". Perhaps you really are 8 years old when the minimum age allowed is 13 so you have problems with comprehension

My problem is with the psychotic obsession with cheating not found anywhere else on the chess world. Those of you who play on other sites (and play here too) have said that they do not find such an obsession prevalent elsewhere.

Day after day the topic of the "latest cheater" is introduced and early games of players rising up put on the forum. This looks like the chess equivalent of the Salem Witch trials if you are old enough to understand what those were.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
I have not complained about "unfair treatment of cheaters". Perhaps you really are 8 years old when the minimum age allowed is 13 so you have problems with comprehension

My problem is with the psychotic obsession with cheating not found anywhere else on the chess world. Those of you who play on other sites (and play here too) have said that they do not find s ...[text shortened]... ss equivalent of the Salem Witch trials if you are old enough to understand what those were.
your sharp wit is cutting me to shreds.

J

benching

Moves
22 Jul 08

Originally posted by wormwood
your sharp wit is cutting me to shreds.
Ya, I guessed as much. I've got a little doll you can play with till you are old enough to understand serious things like "psychotic" and "obsession". See you in 5 years.