Obsession with cheating

Obsession with cheating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
What is [b]wronlgy? It seems as if you are angel and you make no mistake and you can say who is and is not able to spell correctly? What is wronlgy?

Often when you try to make others to be a fool, you end up looking like the fool.[/b]
nihuishuaputonhuama.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by wormwood
nihuishuaputonhuama.
LOL

p
PawnRaiderRaids4Ever

better places

Moves
17 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Jie
Its bad enough being addicted to chess but why are most of you obsessed with cheating (or trying to chatch cheats)? If you infested this time in reading chess books, your chess improve no? Remember the saying [b]Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow. Seem to me that some of you are engaged in a wild goose chase.[/b]
Jie:
when someone is paranoid, that fear is NOT sufficient evidence that another person is not trying to hurt them...

If No1 and others on RHP are interested in keeping RHP "An Engine-Free-Zone," this is good! there ought to be at least one good chess site that is free...

I have seen a few threads (now removed for naming a name) where the stronger player lost the game by a series of bad moves and claimed "engine... engine..." I was able to comment on one game in one thread before the thread was deleted. just because a few sour grapes falsely accuse someone is NOT evidence that all accusations are without merit...

However, if YOU do not feel that the focus here on eliminating engine use is appropriate, there is a wonderful site run by IECG where the powers-that-be DO NOT CARE ABOUT ENGINE USE, since they do not consider enforcement of a ban to be worth the effort...

1) If you are simply trying to point out the "error of our ways" and provide enlightenment, DON'T BOTHER.
2) If you are using an engine: while on RPH, "just say, NO!"

While I consider myself new to RHP, I subscribe and enjoy having fun playing. Well..., I am not really "playing", but am working hard at having fun... only a little talent, primarily skull sweat, databases and books...

J

benching

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Thats because the nameless fellow the post was about is cheating.

We are only allowed to talk about people who are not cheating and it is forbidden to mention those that are.
Unfortunately he/she was named. That is symbolic of a "cheating obsession" like a pack of ravenous wolves that gets a sniff of blood in the snow and begins baying loudly. The sniff of blood occurs when a cheating discussion thread starts and a name is mentioned. This unusual sequence of events only occurs on this site.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Jie
Unfortunately he/she was named. That is symbolic of a "cheating obsession" like a pack of ravenous wolves that gets a sniff of blood in the snow and begins baying loudly. The sniff of blood occurs when a cheating discussion thread starts and a name is mentioned. This unusual sequence of events only occurs on this site.
People get named out of frustration that nothing is being done about them.

The alternative is to ban the innocent who dare to mention it and allow the cheater to prosper.

That is what happens on too many other sites.

The fellow who was named is probably the most blattant cheat currently on the site. Is it wrong that the majority of us what something done about it?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Not true. I play on another site where the same thing happens, just not as often. That other site bans cheats but with less fanfare and fuss than used to happen here. That other site also removes cheat accusations.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Your English is coming along nicely.

J

benching

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Your English is coming along nicely.
Yeah thanks to greenpawn34 and a jug of coffee. He has not come back to explain how he is writing in broken Engrish.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Jie
Yeah thanks to greenpawn34 and a jug of coffee. He has not come back to explain how he is writing in broken Engrish.
don't speak much chinese, eh?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Jul 08

don't speak much chinese, eh?
Why do you suddenly speak Canadian, eh? What's that all aboot?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
it's not moose talk, it's reverse finnish, he!

J

benching

Moves
17 Jul 08

it's not moose talk, it's reverse finnish, he!
Your English is pretty not good for a Finnish. How many mistakes did you make? Your problem must be Finnishing.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
17 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Jie
Your English is pretty not good for a Finnish. How many mistakes did you make? Your problem must be Finnishing.
my chinese is even worse, but still appears to be way better than your nonexistent chinese. don't bother to feed it into a translator, as even if you managed separate the words, I made sure there's enough misspelling to prevent machine translation.

no chinese speaker would have any problems understanding it though. devious thing, the human brain. substitutes the correct letters in just like that. if your brain knew chinese, that is.

R
Different

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why does everyone think we talk like that? What is THAT all aboot??

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
17 Jul 08

Originally posted by Raven69
Why does everyone think we talk like that? What is THAT all aboot??
Do you get excited when you find an American Nickel?

P-