Northern Lad

Northern Lad

Only Chess

NL

Moves
11 Sep 08

Originally posted by MrHand
Poor Northern Lad, his name is attached to this thread.
Thanks for the sympathy. Maybe all this nonsense could be continued in a different thread, guys?

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by Northern Lad
Thanks for the sympathy. Maybe all this nonsense could be continued in a different thread, guys?
or preferably in no thread at all.

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by Northern Lad
A debate that was almost as fiery as his chess.
Oh well, onto the arena that is General.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
I see that begging your TSM club mates to recommend this post have given you whole 4 rec`s (including one from RN) 😉

From TSM club forum:

Originally posted by Nowakowski
[b]I just had a pretty good post that i swung at Korch...was hoping i could get some players to give up their precious Rec's to get it up on the recommendation list... as it wou ...[text shortened]... Red Night[/i]
[b]done.

I sometimes wonder if #1, mephisto, and Korch are one person.
[/b]
[/b]Red night being a hypocrite is nothing new.

P-

K

Moves
12 Sep 08

For this thread to denegrate into a mosh pit is nothing new here 🙁(
To address a point asked early on; Ronald Weyerstrass has been a recognized International Master at OTB and CC chess for more then 25 years. So he is not a "virtual" player suggested by the usual uniformed posters here! As for the effusive praise for the player whose name is on this thread who knows whom "Northernlad" is? One needs merely to web search R. Weyerstrass to find the truth!

S

Moves
12 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Katonah
To address a point asked early on; Ronald Weyerstrass has been a recognized International Master at OTB and CC chess for more then 25 years. So he is not a "virtual" player suggested by the usual uniformed posters here! As for the effusive praise for the player whose name is on this thread ...[text shortened]... nows whom "Northernlad" is? One needs merely to web search R. Weyerstrass to find the truth!
This "usual uninformed poster" knows exactly who Ronald Weyertrass is.
I also know Northern Lad's real name too.
It seems I'm not so uninformed as you think! 😛

By the way, by "Virtual Master" I meant for instance Akizy, who as I have already shown, used to freely admit to checking his games with an engine in his profile before people on this site started to complain about him.
http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=7091&page=3

Akizy is #1 on this site several years later.

It seems the changes in the rules regarding engine use have not affected this particular player so much.

d

Moves
12 Sep 08

To address a point asked early on; Ronald Weyerstrass has been a recognized International Master at OTB and CC chess for more then 25 years. So he is not a "virtual" player suggested by the usual uniformed posters here! As for the effusive praise for the player whose name is on this thread ...[text shortened]... nows whom "Northernlad" is? One needs merely to web search R. Weyerstrass to find the truth!
Weyerstrass is not an IM at OTB.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
12 Sep 08

I know who Northern Lad is and I also know he plays in the 4NCL, the preeminent league in this country.

His rating here is not at all dissimilar to his OTB rating.

FL

Moves
12 Sep 08

As well as not actually being an OTB International Master, Weyerstrass has only been a correspondence IM since 1990:
http://www.iccf.com/downloads/titles/2006_IM.pdf

(Unless he has the title from a different organisation).

There must be over 800 IMs in that document!

e4

Moves
12 Sep 08

Thought we were asked by Northern Lad to continue this
on another thread.

Look, make this the last post for NL's peace of mind.
If you want to a carry on (why?) - call the new thread....THE NEW THREAD.
(my imagination know's no bounds).

FL

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Thought we were asked by Northern Lad to continue this
on another thread.

Look, make this the last post for NL's peace of mind.
If you want to a carry on (why?) - call the new thread....THE NEW THREAD.
(my imagination know's no bounds).
Thread drift is a fact of life.

e4

Moves
12 Sep 08

I agree.

How do think Hibs will do tomorrow against Dundee United?

rc

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I agree.

How do think Hibs will do tomorrow against Dundee United?
lol, Hibs are mince, the will get hammered!

e4

Moves
12 Sep 08

Huh! So Robbie is a Jambo.

M

St. Paul, Minnesota

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
Thread drift is a fact of life.
This was a hurricane. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.