Game from Womans chess olympiad

Game from Womans chess olympiad

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

In attack

Moves
19 Oct 12

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Trolling is not what i come here for, i've used this forum for years as it is a great forum, free from bickering, name calling and general internet junk. That said, i'm done trolling now and will happily return to benign use of this forum and talk only about chess. Duchess, please feel free to discuss chess with me at your leisure, you're welcome here, but please, for the love of GOD, drop the wounded animal charade.
Oh well, at least you tried... 😳

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
19 Oct 12

Originally posted by morgski
Oh well, at least you tried... 😳
I am saying nothing.

FL

Moves
19 Oct 12

Duchess64, writing as "Nick Bourbaki", used to pollute the now largely defunct chess newsgroups with thousands upon thousands of lines of drivel. Any time spent attempting to respond to him/her is time wasted. It really is a great shame that this person has ended up on RHP.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
19 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Fat Lady
Duchess64, writing as "Nick Bourbaki", used to pollute the now largely defunct chess newsgroups with thousands upon thousands of lines of drivel. Any time spent attempting to respond to him/her is time wasted. It really is a great shame that this person has ended up on RHP.
Marinkatomb you're an amateur at this lie telling game, I tell you an AMATEUR

http://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-misc-chess/6022-nick-bourbakis-many-lies.html

They even came up with the nickname "Nick-the-liar". I'm going to have another pant wetting episode.

rc

Moves
19 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Marinkatomb you're an amateur at this lie telling game, I tell you an AMATEUR

http://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-misc-chess/6022-nick-bourbakis-many-lies.html

They even came up with the nickname "Nick-the-liar". I'm going to have another pant wetting episode.
Its gonna get *roasty toasty* for old Nick 😵

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
19 Oct 12

On topic with OP, i'd like to say that I wasn't even aware of a women's olympiad until recently... Am I right in saying that womens chess, just like in many other sports, have a lack of interest and general following?

That would be a shame, as players like Judit polgar have proven to play at a similar level to the elite in the mens game.

Is it not possible that the olympiads of the future could combine men and women, and have bigger teams? Say 3 men and women per team?

Your thoughts on that please.

(p.s. fighting over nothing gets you nowhere... I used to be on a poker site that had a forum, which eventually got closed down because a full scale war had escalated between members, which just cast a real negative image across the site.... suppose if people new to the site came in and saw all this? Would they want to join?... Think about it)

rain

Moves
19 Oct 12
1 edit

Interesting. Explains a lot.

I agree. It's a shame such a person is on this great site.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
19 Oct 12

There is no doubting these two are the same person, the style is unquestionably identical. I hate to state the obvious Duchess, but who's the liar now? Guess you're not a woman after all...

st johnstone

Moves
19 Oct 12

There is no doubting these two are the same person, the style is unquestionably identical. I hate to state the obvious Duchess, but who's the liar now? Guess you're not a woman after all...
so we have a guy pretending to be a girl sticking up for womans rights? or is she a woman who was pretending to be a man on another chess site? or do we have a norman bates type who is half and half? what ever he/ she/ it ... busted...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Oct 12

gbaway to the rescue!

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
gbaway to the rescue!
😵

EDIT: If this isn't enough to lose the bum, then there's no hope!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Oct 12

I thought drivel was all they had in those newsgroups.

Anyway, I'm not totally sold. Nick actually used smileys - the big dopey ':-)' kind.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
20 Oct 12

Why can't i rec this twice?? No fair! 😠

rc

Moves
20 Oct 12
1 edit

Its even more intriguing than that, Nick Bourbaki, is, as fatlady will tell you, is the
pseudonym for a group of French mathematicians! I myself feel no animosity towards
Duchess64 whatsoever and actually quite like his/her posts, when they refrain from
being abusive.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its even more intriguing than that, Nick Bourbaki, is, as fatlady will tell you, is the
pseudonym for a group of French mathematicians! I myself feel no animosity towards
Duchess64 whatsoever and actually quite like his/her posts, when they refrain from
being abusive.
And to think I was fooled into thinking she/he was a high class broad. 😳