Fat Lady Gone On Vacation

Fat Lady Gone On Vacation

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
19 Feb 10

This open again!

Thought this thread was closed. Was I Dreaming?

a

Moves
19 Feb 10

Negative.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Feb 10
1 edit

Test

Edit: I post, therefore I am.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Feb 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34
This open again!

Not dreaming unless it was the same one as mine!

Mods: THANK YOU 😉

R

The Smoke

Moves
19 Feb 10

This open again!

no, you were not. the last message was the usual one from the Moderator about the thread (and how it had been shaping up) not belonging to this forum (i.e. Chess)

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
19 Feb 10
1 edit

HAI FOLKS!

Fatlady wasn't removed by a new mod.

This thread was closed for discussing moderation of RHP, but 4 or more of us mods got together and decided shutting this down would cause more trouble than it's worth to shut it down and we'll let it run.

FL posted personal info and it was removed, and a ban issued. FL has done this before and was warned. FL I am sure knew the risk. I will be very sad if FL is leaving... me being an ex-game mod I have a soft side for those who only try to keep RHP free from 'fishy' things.

Accusations and sharing of personal info without consent in RHP forums is grounds for being banned, and can eventually lead to a permanent ban if it persists. This rule is followed for the sake of consistency.

Fat Lady has not been banned from RHP, and I hope he's not leaving.

P-

R

The Smoke

Moves
19 Feb 10

Hi Renars.

"well, I'm giving it a second thought, too..."
Aw not you too...
yeah, I'm of the same calibre as Heinz and Fatty 😉 I just detest the kind moderation RHP has got, especially as of late. I'm well aware that it's their business venture and by opening an account one agrees to their ToS, so they can do they see fit but so can I.. I donate money to support Burmese monks, so I rather give my subscription fee to them

e4

Moves
19 Feb 10

The Burmese monks? Is that a clan, can I join?

Hopefully all this will blow over (till next month and Fat Lady posts again.)

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
20 Feb 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Good riddance.
Rec'd

rc

Moves
20 Feb 10
4 edits

r

Moves
20 Feb 10

N
10. O-O

Kalispell, MT

Moves
20 Feb 10
2 edits

Original post removed.
Fat Lady was banned for his actions - none of mine. Fat Lady and I have had many
conversations back and forth - if I was gone, you can bet "Good Riddance" would follow.
So throwing mudd at me for being equal in this regard, is silly.

I know your not accusing me of cheating - I'm glad to hear it. Many players are,
thats fine. The seeds I sew will reap fruit which will not be bitter to my taste. I'm
at peace knowing I play legitimately - not in knowing you believe me.

-----------------------------------------------------

As for those of you whom are still curious as to why I resigned in that game with
Ichibanov, that game was of a private nature between two players, and as Ichi has
not chosen to disclose why we reached such a result; I will not either. The game
was private, you may kibitz, but do so appropriately. Kibitzing is a silent art.
I will give you a tease however, in knowing that this is not the first occurrence -
in fact, I'm guilty of resigning a won game before this, where my rating was between
15 and 1600 against ItsYouThatIAdore, but no questions were fielded then. Nor now.

For those of you who think my rating is being "held under 2000", this is foolishness.
My rating can skyrocket to 3,000 - or fall to 500. I don't care. My rating is a system
that YOU use to negotiate my playing strength. I see my playing strength change when I view
positions from previous months, and solve what couldn't be seen before. Thats all the
representation that I need in order to see how I'm doing. The more you fixate
yourself with that 4 digit number next to your name, the more maddening you make
your chess universe.

I will continue to focus on my chess study - wherever it takes me, thats where my
rating will be. My relationships and games on this site are of a private nature, and
any wins or losses yielded are an appreciated conclusion - but nothing more.

This is my last response to this issue.

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't play chess so many hours a day, and practice so much, and annotate so many
games, and provide analysis openly to so many players on a daily basis - because I
need a satisfactory public opinion. I try to give back to any community that I am
part, especially when I stand to gain by being a member of that community myself.
I play because I love the game. The game is in many ways a burden and a bain in my life,
just as it is my most elegant joy.

-GIN

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
20 Feb 10
1 edit

OK, let me get this straight. I won't be using anybody's username, so please don't delete this.

Fat Lady posted a thread in which he clearly showed, beyond any reasonable doubt, that someone on RHP was using multiple accounts.

He also accused that member of using an engine in his games at RHP.

Whether he had sufficient evidence to prove the latter I do not know, but is completely obvious to anyone with half a brain that the aforementioned user was using multiple accounts. The fact that that user then went to remove the evidence from his profile further assures me of his guilt.

Using multiple accounts at one time is against the Terms of Service.

Could someone please explain to me why it is OK for people to violate the Terms of Service and escape the ban?

On a side note, I believe there is a rule stating that all players must play to the best of their ability. (Don't quote me on this, there is a good chance I'm wrong.) Anyway, at least in OTB play, there is such a rule. I'm pretty sure resigning in a won position is not playing to the best of your ability.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
20 Feb 10

Originally posted by clandarkfire

Could someone please explain to me why it is OK for people to violate the Terms of Service and escape the ban?
Because admin decide so.

People previously banned have been openly welcomed back under new names.

TOS violations happen all too often and the wrondoers get off with it, making the TOS a bit of joke.

t

Moves
20 Feb 10

Originally posted by Forum Moderator
The new moderators were not involved with the removal of that thread. Please do not jump to conclusions about things which you have no knowledge of.
Why should we trust you? eh?