Chessmaster vs RHP

Chessmaster vs RHP

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
16 Apr 06

Originally posted by ray1993
is the game still on??
it is like 5 days already...

I forgot all about it......

ahwell, a few *bump* posts should get things ticking again.....

seeing as i havn't looked at the current position i'll vote with the consensus....Ba6

r

Sabah, Malaysia

Moves
17 Apr 06

what happened to blindcheesecake who supposed to continue our moves...
anyway, I think the game has stoped...??

c

Moves
17 Apr 06

Originally posted by ray1993
what happened to blindcheesecake who supposed to continue our moves...
anyway, I think the game has stoped...??
Ba6, some1 please post position

S

Moves
20 Apr 06

he was last active 23 hrs ago.....

he's still here....me thinks.....

r

Sabah, Malaysia

Moves
20 Apr 06

Originally posted by Shinidoki
he was last active 23 hrs ago.....

he's still here....me thinks.....
if he is active, then why is he not checking the forum then...

maybe his chessmaster10th got some kind of problem..?
if so, he should at least post an apology...

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
21 Apr 06

Sorry guys/gals, but I completely forgot about the game. I have been busy with life that chess has been very low on the priority list. Sorry about making all of you all wait indefinitely. Hopefully everyone will start to pick back up on the game, I will make the next move on Monday the 24th

Chessmaster has moved: Rd4

Moves
21 Apr 06

Qf5? Can't really see what else to do, it protects the Knight and Rook and I don't really see an attacking option. If we don't at least protect the rook at c8 then it can be mate in 3 for white. Although if I ever try to think more than two moves ahead I get it wrong, I won't vote until some other people have posted to see if there are some better ideas....

r

Sabah, Malaysia

Moves
24 Apr 06

Originally posted by TheGambit
Qf5? Can't really see what else to do, it protects the Knight and Rook and I don't really see an attacking option. If we don't at least protect the rook at c8 then it can be mate in 3 for white. Although if I ever try to think more than two moves ahead I get it wrong, I won't vote until some other people have posted to see if there are some better ideas....
how white mate in 3 ?

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
24 Apr 06

Qf5 loses to Bg4

I think that Qe5 looks OK (I don't see why we need to protect the rook on c8 with the Bishop, the other rook, AND the Queen, but maybe I'm missing something).

m

Moves
25 Apr 06

New job busy as so heres me two cents after getting on a board after a few weeks. Overall intersting and informative game and might get someone who know sto look wpuld be great. Anyway always find moves that do not ever lose a tempo is first thought and creates thretens and does not limit options otherwise you are on the back foot straight of so here 24..Qe5 (forced I think) maybe then rooks off on c file then (bit surprised this has not happened already) i.e. 25. Rxc8 Rxc8 (always nice to take the open file) but 26. Rd7 (alarm bells enemy rook on seventh and king looking alarmed at living arrangements) so forced 26..Bb6 (the bishop curiously was better on b5 on move 23 so I guess?!) then maybe 27. Qd4 and queens off he/she/it is liquidating to a positionally strong white endgame with bishop pair versus our knight and bishop. My view level enough so maybe we should play 24..Qe5 and an offer a draw to annoy it or does it get annoyed oh yeah it doesnt tire etc. haha but we would rip its head off if we ever got to play with the white pieces..

r

Sabah, Malaysia

Moves
25 Apr 06

Originally posted by micarr
New job busy as so heres me two cents after getting on a board after a few weeks. Overall intersting and informative game and might get someone who know sto look wpuld be great. Anyway always find moves that do not ever lose a tempo is first thought and creates thretens and does not limit options otherwise you are on the back foot straight of so here 24..Qe5 ...[text shortened]... esnt tire etc. haha but we would rip its head off if we ever got to play with the white pieces..
we are totaly hopeless in this game, we lost...as we can see we got both useless rooks at the back rank and both the knight and bishop are not helping out in the game there are just staying there in the side of the board doing nothing. The only piece that is mobile is the queen...

whereas white has a good rook and quuen in the centre of the board and a pair of strong bishops for defends.

now, our queen is under attack and it don't have any good squares to go to. i suggest if we quikly get our queen out of danger, developed our bishop and knight. or we will suffer after white gets it pair of bishops into position, and there will be the final checkmate blow!!

s

Moves
25 Apr 06

I vote Qe5

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
25 Apr 06

I vote Qe5

m
Not Royalty

Not in a palace

Moves
25 Apr 06
3 edits

How about Qb7, allowing the knight to come back into play (which is useless where it is) It hampers the bishop for a while, but the bishop is needed on its square to protect the advanced pawn.

Blindcheescake: how about posting the text of the FEN so we can put it into analyse board (on Firefox with ouroborous's script)?

Edit: not sure if you can put it in analyse board but you can certainly put it in a set piece start-up.

Edit 2: An attack from the white bishop would not be welcomed though! Sorry, it was a stupid idea.

Moves
25 Apr 06

A link to the game when you post the position would be nice. 🙂